The Student Room Group

A levels For Business/Law

Hey I'm new to TSR,Im currently in year 11 and need advice as i need to pick my levels. My GCSE grades are:
English:B
Maths:C
Science:B
History:B
Business:A*
I.C.T:C
R.S: B
Spanish: C
P.E : B
These grades aren't quite final just summer exams left.

so business is my strong point and i wondered which a levels would combine well for a degree in economics or Law.I'm thinking of doing History,Law,Physics,Business studies? Thank you.
Reply 1
Those are good choices, a mix. It depends if you have any idea as to your ultimate goal? Uni, job etc?

One thing to consider, physics, when you're predicted a C in maths (one of your lower grades)? It depends though, science as a single or double GCSE?
Reply 2
Double GCSE science and im quite good with numbers maths just struggle in maths test when its not just calculations.My ultimate goal would be university. Thanks for the advice
Reply 3
Original post by Craig456
Double GCSE science and im quite good with numbers maths just struggle in maths test when its not just calculations.My ultimate goal would be university. Thanks for the advice

Well stick with the physics, this will look very favorable for any uni applications, as well as job applications. It will be hard work though, good luck.
Reply 4
Thanks you and which do you think would be more preferable for a career in law/business physics or chemistry?
Reply 5
Thanks you and which do you think would be more preferable for a career in law/business physics or chemistry?

History,Law,Physics,Business studies?

Law and Business Studies are seen as "soft" - so do you have any universities in mind so we can tailor your options to your strengths, but also to the universities' admissions policies.
You say you're also interested in Chemistry, would you consider swapping that for Law? Chemistry is a stronger subject and will leave your options much more open (and law a-level is not necessary to study law at uni, sometimes they even don't like law a-level!) You already have History which is an essay subject so good for law :smile:

However remember to choose what you enjoy and what you think you will do well in! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Ahh i knew business studies was viewed as soft but considering im getting an A i thought i should take it but i thought law would be difficult.Yes i am also interested in chemistry so are you saying physics,chemistry,history,business would be a good combination for law or business/economic based degrees? thank you.
Reply 8
Ahh i knew business studies was viewed as soft but considering im getting an A i thought i should take it but i thought law would be difficult.Yes i am also interested in chemistry so are you saying physics,chemistry,history,business would be a good combination for law or business/economic based degrees? thank you.

What universities are aiming for?

A*AA-AAA?

<=AAB?
Reply 9
I'm really not sure i don't know a lot about uni's and i'm probably going to get B's and maybe
an A in business looking at my GCSE's so far but ill put effort in but what uni's would be okay with ABB

Quick Reply

Latest