The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by boromir9111
I tried but i could only remember up until the 2 times table :frown:

fml :sigh:

You are such a goon. :awesome:

I assume your revision is going swimmingly then?
Original post by dknt
You are such a goon. :awesome:

I assume your revision is going swimmingly then?

I wish :p:

If only I could be focused like you, brruddaaaa :wink:
Reply 2002
Original post by boromir9111
I wish :p:

If only I could be focused like you, brruddaaaa :wink:

On the contrary, I've been playing games all day. Far more fun than revision. Im like this every year. The comfort is that I havent done terribly yet. It'll all fall into place boz :awesome:
Original post by dknt
On the contrary, I've been playing games all day. Far more fun than revision. Im like this every year. The comfort is that I havent done terribly yet. It'll all fall into place boz :awesome:

and that's why they call you a genius, bruudddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :colone:
I have written about 5 words for my revision today.

I am going to FAIL. I hate revising the boring stuff.

I have put on some inspirational music but have ended up having a rave on my own instead :colondollar:
Original post by StartSomething
I have written about 5 words for my revision today.

I am going to FAIL. I hate revising the boring stuff.

I have put on some inspirational music but have ended up having a rave on my own instead :colondollar:

I know, I feel the same. :frown:

But I guess, we just have to force ourselves and sit down and try and do some work and hope for the best, thats the maximum we could do. It is easily said than done though. Hope I'll sit down and get to work now.

All the best. :smile:
Original post by areyouthere?
I know, I feel the same. :frown:

But I guess, we just have to force ourselves and sit down and try and do some work and hope for the best, thats the maximum we could do. It is easily said than done though. Hope I'll sit down and get to work now.

All the best. :smile:

Yes, we do have to force ourselves! As hard as it is. And as boring as it is.

Just had a procrastashower. Time to get this conclusion written up from the brief notes I made. I should really also start on something else too but we'll see what time it is by the time I finish the conclusion!
How can people do Masters and stuff?? Studying is so tedious for me lol
Original post by badumdumtscht

With great difficulty! :tongue:

I have five exams coming up in three weeks time and I have a great amount of revision to do!! :eek:

:frown:

It's tedious, but much, much better than a 9-5 job...:smile: I'm already thinking about my masters...
Ok, my conclusion is completed and my dissertation is currently sitting at 6900 words. I don't feel like writing anymore today, I've done a lot of writing and I've got a headache, so I'm going to put my appendices in and sort out my reference list. Tomorrow I will work on getting my introduction completed and hopefully that will take it up nearer the 8000 word mark which will do fine. We don't have a minimum but they suggested between 8-10k so I'd like to be somewhere around there! Also need to get going on the geology article - that's another 3000 words to copy/paste/write.

Not being funny, but I am so looking forward to graduating off my masters. I know it's an undergraduate one so it's a bit different but honestly, the work load this year for us has actually been worse than the workload of MScs in our school (I know, having talked to some of them... I wrote about twice as much coursework for half the number of modules compared to them.)
I'm on my last dissertation chapter for editing! Half way through it. So I'm hoping to finish that tomorrow or Saturday (this next half requires a fair amount of editing), then I shall write my conclusion and finish around Sunday :smile:. Just have to sort out the appendix,mcntents, cover pages and make sure the bibliography is all done properly. Yay! Bt then onto a 3000 word essay...and then revision for 4 exams :frown: NEVER ENDING!!!
Yet to do anything productive for the day!!! and the day is nearly over :frown:

Hope I start studying from tomorrow.
Original post by ellejaytee
glad to know something good has come from it.

I have now set up the borrowed netbook on wireless back at uni... which could be a big mistake!

Haha.. I still haven't gotten round to saving my stuff yet! I bet you it'll be too late and then I'll be like **** I forgot to save it! :eek:
Meeting went well :smile: (although there were clashing moments between me and the director I feel it went well :biggrin:)
Original post by VanillaTwilight
Haha.. I still haven't gotten round to saving my stuff yet! I bet you it'll be too late and then I'll be like **** I forgot to save it! :eek:

Save it now! otherwise you really could live to regret it and get to spend the rest of your life (deadline) living in a room with just a laptop without internet for company to force yourself to rewrite all that was lost!

but seriously... save it, it's hardly the most time consuming thing to do!

(I am still so glad I had mine saved :smile: )
Original post by ellejaytee
Save it now! otherwise you really could live to regret it and get to spend the rest of your life (deadline) living in a room with just a laptop without internet for company to force yourself to rewrite all that was lost!

but seriously... save it, it's hardly the most time consuming thing to do!

(I am still so glad I had mine saved :smile: )

I know I know! Haha! But trust me I have A LOT of work to save :/. Mabye I will do it tonight :tongue:
Reply 2018

This. I used to love it but now I don't know what's wrong with me.
Reply 2019
Original post by Aemiliana
I will actually do some work today. I need to tidy my room and quickly clean the kitchen (I'm sure a few of my tidy flatmates will be back soon and I don't want the massive clean up I did a few days to go to waste). After that, I will start work. But I'm watching Thor tonight. Because there are hot people in it. Namely Kat Dennings. And also, time out is just as important as work time. Too much of anything is a bad thing...

First, the milk fairy has been raiding my fridge again. Time to get supplies. Again. I swear to God I only bought milk a few days ago. This is not procrastination. :ninja:

I feel your pain. My flatmates have stolen half a loaf of my bread. Quite what they want it for when no one seems to eat sandwiches and they've broken the toaster is beyond me.

Latest