The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5880
Original post by fyrecracker
QUICK EVERYONE .... CHECK YOUR EMAILS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST GOT THIS ...........

As you know, you have been on our Olympic Ceremonies cast Reserve list, and thank you for your patience. This is to say – congratulations! In the next few days, we will be emailing you to offer you a role in one of our exciting Paralympic Ceremonies, and we would be delighted if you would accept. The Paralympic ceremonies are the culmination of the entire Games and will be a dynamic and beautiful celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of modern Britain.

Before you accept the role, and once you have checked your availability for the dates we will be offering you, we need you to understand that acceptance of the role will mean that you will be removed from the Olympic ceremonies reserve list. We would urge you to accept, as this is very much more likely to mean that you will be performing in one of the London 2012 ceremonies, as we currently do not have any opportunities available in either of the Olympic ceremonies for our Reserve team.

Whatever you decide to do, please respond by clicking on the relevant link in the offer letter you will be receiving shortly.

We will hope to see you at Paralympic rehearsals!

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM

what fantastic news!!! woohoo....so very pleased that waiting has indeed paid off! :smile: :smile:
Reply 5881
Original post by cinnamon
YAY!!!!!
I am in tears, I got the same email yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Our patience paid off, I am estatic!!!!!
Well done Fyrecracker, I knew we could do it!!!!!
x

woohoo what amazing news, well done :smile: :smile:
Reply 5882
Big congrats to you both!!!
Reply 5883

As you know, you have been on our Olympic Ceremonies cast Reserve list, and thank you for your patience. This is to say – congratulations! In the next few days, we will be emailing you to offer you a role in one of our exciting Paralympic Ceremonies, and we would be delighted if you would accept. The Paralympic ceremonies are the culmination of the entire Games and will be a dynamic and beautiful celebration of the diversity and vibrancy of modern Britain.

Before you accept the role, and once you have checked your availability for the dates we will be offering you, we need you to understand that acceptance of the role will mean that you will be removed from the Olympic ceremonies reserve list. We would urge you to accept, as this is very much more likely to mean that you will be performing in one of the London 2012 ceremonies, as we currently do not have any opportunities available in either of the Olympic ceremonies for our Reserve team.

Whatever you decide to do, please respond by clicking on the relevant link in the offer letter you will be receiving shortly.

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM

Fantastic, whoohooo !! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I knew you'd get in eventually because you have just the right fighting spirit needed !

Many many congratulations !

Hope everyone else from the para auditions has good news too !
Original post by Pinnerite
FANTASTIC NEWS Yippee !! Fyrecracker and Cinnamon!:bumps::banana::dancing2::clap2: All the more thrilling for me cos I have met you both at the meet up and I am looking at your smiley faces in the pic now!! Aren't you glad Fyrecracker that you went to the audition despite the foot - hope you are no longer Ms Beckham Boot now! What a great Easter prezzie. Fingers crossed for the other paras now....:crossedf::crossedf::crossedf:

Still have the boot this week, but have appointment with the consultant on Tuesday for the final decision.

Thanks for all your good wishes xxxxx
Reply 5885
Arghhhhh I don't have the e-mail. Perhaps it's only going out to Olympic reserves who were successful. Technically I am an Olympic reserve but I shouldn't be because of my clash. Much e-mail checking to come this afternoon methinks.

So happy for you guys though :biggrin:
Reply 5886

Best wishes

THE CASTING TEAM

Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh, great news Fyrecracker. I am so pleased for you.:woohoo::woohoo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THRILLED FOR BOTH OF YOU!! I was just about to email you about the props, but no need now. YOU'RE IN!!!!! Crack open the bubbly, and enjoy your weekends! XXXxxx:bban::bl::dancing2::dancing:
Reply 5888
QUOTE=cinnamon;37125335]YAY!!!!!
I am in tears, I got the same email yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Our patience paid off, I am estatic!!!!!
Well done Fyrecracker, I knew we could do it!!!!!
x

:dancing2: Fantastic news Cinammon, so please for you (and Fyrecracker). :dancing:

BRILLIANT!! Congrats, Fyrecracker & cinnamon, hope many more will follow!
Reply 5890
Thanks for all the good wishes folks! Its been a long old wait but its sooooo worth it having received this email today.
woohooo!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, it sounds like the paralympic casting offers will be coming through in the next few days.
Reply 5891
I received further first rehearsal instructions last night. No real change to original rehearsal schedule. Nervously excited now that the first date is looming. :nutcase:

Good luck to all the deserves and everyone who are still waiting to hear :grouphugs:
Congrats Cinnamon and fyrecracker! So glad your patience has been rewarded!

Given the line about there being no current opportunities in the regular ceremonies for reserves, I wonder what that means for our reserves who didn't try the Para route.
Reply 5893
I felt my eyes prick as I read your messages, so thrilled for you. I imagine it'll be a much nicer wait speculating on your role now you know you're definitely in.
Original post by Flakeydom
Congrats Cinnamon and fyrecracker! So glad your patience has been rewarded!

Thanks Flakey .... hopefully this means a whole new spreadsheet of paralympic info!!!
Reply 5895
YAYYY I got the email too, WAVE of relief!! Now we know what the wee winky face in my email was all about :wink: Yay nice one guys, hopefully a couple of us will be in the same segments.. i missed the meet up but will be great to put some faces to names after all these weeks of supporting each other on here :smile: x
Original post by 42RAFIKI
I felt my eyes prick as I read your messages, so thrilled for you. I imagine it'll be a much nicer wait speculating on your role now you know you're definitely in.

Trying to send you a PM but it won't let me....?
Reply 5897
Original post by suzalt
YAYYY I got the email too, WAVE of relief!! Now we know what the wee winky face in my email was all about :wink: Yay nice one guys, hopefully a couple of us will be in the same segments.. i missed the meet up but will be great to put some faces to names after all these weeks of supporting each other on here :smile: x

YAY! Congratulations, its a great feeling isnt it?
Reply 5898
Original post by 42RAFIKI

Thank you Rafiki! I am sure that the rest of the Paralympic emails from casting will be going out in the next few days along with ours. I have my fingers crossed for you.
Reply 5899
Original post by cinnamon
YAY! Congratulations, its a great feeling isnt it?

Amazing feeling :smile: i have tix for bestival over the closing ceremony weekend but totally selling those if i need to.. this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! YAY guys, happy friday the 13th.. lucky for some! :wink: x

Latest