The Student Room Group

16 year old Physics work experience needed?

Hi, I need to find a weeks worth of work experience at the start of July, does anyone have any ideas, or any specific places they know are offering work placements? Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Physics96
Hi, I need to find a weeks worth of work experience at the start of July, does anyone have any ideas, or any specific places they know are offering work placements? Thankyou :smile:

A good place to start is to call your nearest University as occasionally they have a space or two available for students with interest to provide some handy-work.

Also, check out this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=474150
It suggests that Physics placements are hard to come by until you're at a higher level of education but offers some ideas.
Reply 2
I don't think theres any point in trying to get "physics" work experience, nor do I think any really exists at your age. You havent done enough physics to possibly get any work experience. I'd suggest looking for regular work experience and/or a physics summer school or course.
depending where you are i hear the place with the tokomak up in culham offer work placements? i could be mistaken though and im not sure if they offer it for someone as young as you.
Ask your nearest university. If no luck, ask the Physics research departments.

I asked Manchester and got no reply, so I emailed the Nuclear Physics research group and got a week there.
Original post by vedderfan94
Ask your nearest university. If no luck, ask the Physics research departments.

I asked Manchester and got no reply, so I emailed the Nuclear Physics research group and got a week there.

Hi, I know this was posted about 3 years ago but may I just ask which research group this was? I'm looking for physics related work experience for next summer but so far I only found one opportunity (the insights programme at Imperial) but that's really competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending