The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love redditch for r/doctorwho and r/Sheffield

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
reddit ffs :adore:
Reply 1422
Original post by secretmessages
reddit ffs :adore:

I had never really read ELI5 before, literally spent 4 hours today sitting reading through interesting discussions while browsing the top of all time list :sigh:
My iPod parts arrive, I disassemble it and reassemble it supposedly without issues, I feel all chuffed with myself. Now it won't turn on and the opening tools I bought are now too blunt to reopen a brand new stiff front panel. Fuuuuuuuuuu
What the **** kind of retarded Frenchists create a server on Battlefield 3 that has vehicles, but forbids you from using Anti-tank weapons like RPGs?!

Christ.
Reply 1425
Original post by Mad Vlad
What the **** kind of retarded Frenchists create a server on Battlefield 3 that has vehicles, but forbids you from using Anti-tank weapons like RPGs?!

Christ.

Oh god don't mention rented servers....
it's ruined my bf3 experience on consoles.. It's impossible to find a decent server most of the time
Original post by Kenny_uk
Oh god don't mention rented servers....
it's ruined my bf3 experience on consoles.. It's impossible to find a decent server most of the time

I play on PC, so I'm used to it. I got banned from a server the other day because I killed an admin. :lolwut:
Reply 1427
Original post by Mad Vlad
I play on PC, so I'm used to it. I got banned from a server the other day because I killed an admin. :lolwut:

Yeah I've been hearing a few stories like that. one of the reasons I didn't like the idea of them coming to consoles (Although there are a few pluses to it)
Reply 1428
Any luck yet? How are the new IEMs?
Original post by SMed
Any luck yet? How are the new IEMs?

Got it back open (Found a thin enough screwdriver to work in, at the cost of a few scratches), turns out I've broken the ribbon cable connector on the logic board that goes to the battery, so it's pretty much ****ed. I was so careful all the way through as well :| luckily my parents decided to refuse my half of the money for the IEMs (Initially we'd agreed to halve the cost considering how expensive they are, so that was a nice surprise!), so when my student loan comes in next monday I'll be able to afford a new player. Just have to decide which, trying to find out which ones play best with BA drivers :holmes:

I don't have them yet, it's a ten-day process so they should arrive late next week, but after that I'm not allowed them until my birthday in the first week of may :ashamed2: plus my FiiO arrived yesterday, I even had to sign for it then hand it off to my parents. talk about first world problems =P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1430
serious LOL

I think I tore the ribbon for the proximity sensor on my iphone (that switches off the display during calls) so now I keep muting calls or putting them on speaker phone. :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SMed
serious LOL

I think I tore the ribbon for the proximity sensor on my iphone (that switches off the display during calls) so now I keep muting calls or putting them on speaker phone. :ahee:

Haha ouch =P

How are the Fostex's treating you? Once I get this PMP situation sorted and pay for a holiday my desktop setup is the next proverbial drain I'll be pouring my money down.
Reply 1432
Pretty good. I got the cheap berhringer (sp?) USB DAC. Got loads more buzzing and the sound quality was significantly inferior to this 8 year old E-MU 0404 sound card (which is still apparently highly rated). I still do get some slight buzzing, but it's not nearly as bad as that USB DAC. I suppose the next attempt at buzzless speakers will be an optical DAC? My motherboard does have an optical output.

As for the speakers, I like them. The volume I have them at for most of the time is fine. They do break up a little sooner than I'd like though. I may look at getting a subwoofer at some point in the future, more so I can take a little strain off the monitors. This is more for films and games, and maybe only a couple of songs. Most of my music doesn't require that much low-end. I just want it a little punchier and tighter.
Original post by SMed
Pretty good. I got the cheap berhringer (sp?) USB DAC. Got loads more buzzing and the sound quality was significantly inferior to this 8 year old E-MU 0404 sound card (which is still apparently highly rated). I still do get some slight buzzing, but it's not nearly as bad as that USB DAC. I suppose the next attempt at buzzless speakers will be an optical DAC? My motherboard does have an optical output.

As for the speakers, I like them. The volume I have them at for most of the time is fine. They do break up a little sooner than I'd like though. I may look at getting a subwoofer at some point in the future, more so I can take a little strain off the monitors. This is more for films and games, and maybe only a couple of songs. Most of my music doesn't require that much low-end. I just want it a little punchier and tighter.

Sucks to hear about the DAC :\ it'll be interesting to see how much difference the E17 makes to my listening, I expect I'll be a very happy boy when I listen to it and my customs together for the first time :ahee: by breaking up are you referring to distortion?
Reply 1434
Yeah. But at my usual listening volume sitting at the computer it's fine and doesn't really distort. However, if I leave the room and try to turn it up louder, it's distorting. I know I'm asking them do something they're not designed to do in this case, so not too bothered. They're absolutely fine for 90% of what I want them to do.
Original post by SMed
Yeah. But at my usual listening volume sitting at the computer it's fine and doesn't really distort. However, if I leave the room and try to turn it up louder, it's distorting. I know I'm asking them do something they're not designed to do in this case, so not too bothered. They're absolutely fine for 90% of what I want them to do.

Haha not the speakers for me then, I tend to push mine loud when I'm going for desktop listening =P Me and my dad are going to our local high end audio store sometime this week so I'm looking forward to playing with all manner of shiny toys.
Just ordered my new player, good god it's pretty;

SMed
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1437
Impressive packaging. :smile: But what does it sound like? :woo:
Original post by Dez
Impressive packaging. :smile: But what does it sound like? :woo:

Not sure yet haha, waiting for Play to deliver it. From what I've read it's awesome, very flat and analytical in terms of sound signature which matches my incoming customs nicely.
Reply 1439
Considering getting some new headphones. Budget 100 - 300 pounds. Any suggestions? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending