The Student Room Group

A2 Students: When did you start revising in your AS year?

I'm doing AS's right now and plan to start my revision and quite a bit of learning from Monday onwards. That gives me 34 days until my first exam (all my exams are in the summer so a total of 8). I'm aiming for AAAD if that matters.

Now I'm not stressed, although with all the threads on here it seems as if I'm starting very late.

So my question is: When did you start revising in your AS year, and am I late in starting my work or not?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Umm, not really properly by myself until 3-4 days before my biology exam but we were always sort of revising in class. I don't remember doing any in the Easter holidays.

p.s. I don't recommend what I did...
Don't bother about when other people started revising.

I started late match but properly around this time last year.
Reply 3
Interestingly, much earlier than I have in my A2 year.

Spoiler

Reply 4
I started in easter, i learnt from my jan modules that they're not gcse's and need to be taken seriously
Reply 5
I started at the start of the Easter holiday; I had to seeing as I barely did any work before that.
I'm doing AS exams this year as well, I started late Easter holiday, feeling regretful...
Reply 7
i started properly many hours 4-5 weeks ago on Chemistry only. After this week i will go into Biology and my other subjects (ie: Monday back).
Original post by Kravez
I'm doing AS's right now and plan to start my revision and quite a bit of learning from Monday onwards. That gives me 34 days until my first exam (all my exams are in the summer so a total of 8). I'm aiming for AAAD if that matters.

Now I'm not stressed, although with all the threads on here it seems as if I'm starting very late.

So my question is: When did you start revising in your AS year, and am I late in starting my work or not?

Last year I started early-mid april (comparatively a week ago or so). It's definitely not too late, but asking on here isn't going to help you whatsoever. So go get working - do your past papers etc and just get on with it.
The worst thing to do is ask other people, make a plan and stick with it and you'll feel a lot better. My advice would be actually to avoid clicking on these threads made by the same people and just follow your plan. Everything will work out fine as long as you do that, so first thing to do is make that plan :smile:
Reply 10
At the end of Easter holidays last year, so about 5 weeks before exams. Revised for about 3-4 hours on schooldays and then 5-6 hours at weekends and on study leave. Got 3 As and a B so was all good.

Quick Reply