The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Right, I have approx 2 hours to do work before I have to go to a family thing. Thankfully I've done two resource records today so only two more and it's over!

Today (sort of):

*Write up the oral exam objections
*Revise school/work vocab + sentence structures and type up the most
important/relevant to the debate
*Around 3 more pages of VE Did 8!
*Around 3 pages more of the Weimar problems
(edited 12 years ago)
Today

Chem4
Aromatic chemistry
Exam questions

C4
Questions on integration
Questions on Vectors
Go through my mistakes on jan 2009 paper

Bio4
Selection
CQs questions

Bio5
Finish off notes on muscle power
Exam questions
Write Two essays

C3
Exam paper and go through my mistakes
Today

F.Maths
Simplex Algorithm
Numerical Methods: Euler's Formula
Confidence Intervals
Physics
Geostationary Satellites
Gravitational Fields

Nuclear Properties

3 down, 3 to go :smile:
Reply 5023
English posters- Done
English past paper- Done
Sociology education
Sociology research methods
Psychology- Done
Philosophy

not much left ahhhhh
Original post by Pensivedore
I just hate it. I just have like, no motivation to get up and go to it. The summer can't come quick enough, I'm not ready to take any of my exams yet, but my god, do I wish they would start, just because it means no more college. I'm looking forward to uni, but my lack of motivation for college is just overpowering.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that! I feel like just revising at home now until the exams despite a small amount of content still has to be taught. We don't even get any study leave. :mad: Just want it to be the summer!
Pensivedore
I just hate it. I just have like, no motivation to get up and go to it. The summer can't come quick enough, I'm not ready to take any of my exams yet, but my god, do I wish they would start, just because it means no more college. I'm looking forward to uni, but my lack of motivation for college is just overpowering.

1platinum
Glad I'm not the only one who feels like that! I feel like just revising at home now until the exams despite a small amount of content still has to be taught. We don't even get any study leave. :mad: Just want it to be the summer!

I'm in Lower Sixth so I can't comment from the same perspective as you two with you having been their for almost two academic years, but I can't say I mind College all that much.

For me it's just a case of attending and doing what needs to be done, and we only get 1hr outside of lessons (as well as free periods) and so I'm usually just sat in lesson listening to a teacher and answering questions with my earphones in or sitting in the canteen having some lunch and so on.
Original post by 1platinum

We don't get study leave either! Sooo unfair :angry: :mad:
I did a few biology questions today.. and thats it :laugh:
Got distracted at 4 for the grand national.... (one of the horses I put a bet on was winning for a good part of the race but let me down at the last jump :frown: :laugh:) and havent got back to work since.
Original post by Mocking_bird
I did a few biology questions today.. and thats it :laugh:
Got distracted at 4 for the grand national.... (one of the horses I put a bet on was winning for a good part of the race but let me down at the last jump :frown: :laugh:) and havent got back to work since.

How's Core 2 going? What exam board are you on?
Original post by 1platinum
How's Core 2 going? What exam board are you on?

AQA.
Feel as if I understand it better than Core 1 for the most part, just got a few loose ends to tie up and it'll be alright I think.
But i'm yet to attempt a full past paper yet so that might change my mind when Ido.

Hows it going for you?
Original post by Mocking_bird
AQA.
Feel as if I understand it better than Core 1 for the most part, just got a few loose ends to tie up and it'll be alright I think.
But i'm yet to attempt a full past paper yet so that might change my mind when Ido.

Hows it going for you?

Oh you are on AQA - that's cool! I'm doing C2, alongside C3 and C4. I've learnt the stuff briefly although most of it is covered in C3 and C4; just a matter of blasting through past papers now to be honest. It is so close now! Are you doing M1 or S1?
Aha having a Saturday/Sunday job so gets in the way of revision.
F.Maths
Simplex Algorithm
Numerical Methods: Euler's Formula
Confidence Intervals
Physics
Geostationary Satellites
Gravitational Fields

Nuclear Properties

Done with my list for today. Gonna spend some time typing up some Physics notes; and then i'm doneee :biggrin:
still can't believe i spent all of my saturday revising :colonhash:
Original post by Jellybeany
Okay :smile:

Explain the relationship between law and morality.

how many marks does it carry?

well, i have only come across one question on that and it asks about the overlap between law and morality, the naturalists debate etc. And then are important cases of shaw v dpp, airdale NHS, knuller etc.
Reply 5034
Original post by Erotas
Today:
CHEM1
-Revise 'Periodicity'
-Do Examination and Exam-Style Qsts
-Maybe start revising 'Introduction to organic chemistry'
BIOL5
-Revise 'Coordination'
-Do Examination Qsts
-Start revising 'Genetic control of protein structure and function' (atleast NT textbook)
BIOL2
-Watch videos on 'Tissue fluid'
-Watch videos on 'Courtship behaviour'
-Watch videos on 'Antibiotics'
-Do Little Collins Qsts

Also try and do Student Finance!

Tomorrow:
CHEM5
-Read all the sheets marked with a highlighter
-Revise 'Thermodynamics'
CHEM1
-Revise 'Introduction to organic chemistry'
-Start revising 'Alkanes' (at least NT textbook)
BIOL5
-Do Homework Booklet
-Finish revising 'Genetic control of protein structure and function'
-Revise 'Control of gene expression'

Make another list if needs be
(edited 12 years ago)
Today
- C2 Paper
- C2 Revision - Radians - Ongoing
- S1 Paper
- S1 revision
- BIOL1 Paper
- Immunity and proteins revision
- PSYA2 Revision - Stress
- CHEM2 Revision - Kinetics + IR Spectrometry + Exam Questions
- CHEM EMPA paper
- Go over Bio EMPA paper
(edited 12 years ago)
- Go over economics MCQs on topics 1 86% and 2 88%
- First 2 past papers for biology
- First 2 past papers for chemistry
Morning:
- Refine ICT testing
- Refine User Requirements

- Assessing business start ups
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5038
Today:
Same as yesterdays, ended up doing nothing :colondollar:

- Revise igneous rocks
- Revise sedimentary rocks
- S1 past paper
I wish I could put time back two weeks so that I could restart the holiday and actually do some proper work :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest