The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Sounds like they're giving Scottish offers before A-level offers then?

Hy have you heard yet? Heard that international/ English were being sent to UCAS Tuesday/ wed. X
Original post by hannahmac4
Hy have you heard yet? Heard that international/ English were being sent to UCAS Tuesday/ wed. X

Nope.
Isn't looking good for me.
But I don't really mind. If it isn't here by next wednesday I'm going to withdraw my application from there, firm Anglia and backup Orthoptics.
Changed my mind. Don't want to go to glasgow, so firmed Anglia and backed up Orthoptics at Liverpool. Applied for accommodation too.
Changed my mind. Don't want to go to glasgow, so firmed Anglia and backed up Orthoptics at Liverpool. Applied for accommodation too.

How exciting !, I can't apply for accommodation yet :frown:
Hope you get your conditions, good luck :smile: x
Hope you get your conditions, good luck :smile: x

Aww.
I'm also applying for accomm. at Liverpool, they let you apply even if you haven't firmed. Can't do it until I get a letter from them, though. :/

Good luck to you too! :smile:

Are you staying in halls? Do you know when we can apply for accomodation?
I'm excited and a bit nervous.
Original post by SazzyJazzyApple
Are you staying in halls? Do you know when we can apply for accomodation?
I'm excited and a bit nervous.

Yeh, I have too. I live outside Perth so it's quite far to travel.
The person from the accommodation office said that the form would be out at the end of April, exciting :smile:
do you know what sort of accommodation you will apply for ? I think Ill be applying for a standard room in a 8 bed flat. X
Aww.
I'm also applying for accomm. at Liverpool, they let you apply even if you haven't firmed. Can't do it until I get a letter from them, though. :/

Good luck to you too! :smile:

Yeh, I have too. I live outside Perth so it's quite far to travel.
The person from the accommodation office said that the form would be out at the end of April, exciting :smile:
do you know what sort of accommodation you will apply for ? I think Ill be applying for a standard room in a 8 bed flat. X

Me too, I live in South Queensferry and there isn't a direct train. Probrably the 8 bed flat too. x
Me too, I live in South Queensferry and there isn't a direct train. Probrably the 8 bed flat too. x

Oh you stay not that far from me then, probs 25 mins in the car. I think an 8 bed is probably better x
Do you know anyone who has applied to optom or Cali ? I don't know anybody who has applied to either, makes it seem quite scary :s-smilie:
Oh you stay not that far from me then, probs 25 mins in the car. I think an 8 bed is probably better x
Do you know anyone who has applied to optom or Cali ? I don't know anybody who has applied to either, makes it seem quite scary :s-smilie:

I don't know anyone either. Just you. It is quite a scary prospect
I don't know anyone either. Just you. It is quite a scary prospect

I know !, I suppose at least we know each other x
If I meet my conditions we should try and meet up before the start date so that we know somebody at the start of freshers, that would make it just a teeny bit less scary :smile:
I know !, I suppose at least we know each other x
If I meet my conditions we should try and meet up before the start date so that we know somebody at the start of freshers, that would make it just a teeny bit less scary :smile:

Yeah that sounds good. :smile:
Yeah that sounds good. :smile:

Would make the whole thing so much easier if we at least know each other x
I really hope I get in :smile:
Would make the whole thing so much easier if we at least know each other x
I really hope I get in :smile:

I'm sure you'll get it :smile: xx
I'm sure you'll get it :smile: xx

I really hope so ! :smile: x
Doing some revision today and i realise my last exam is two months today!!!!
I'M SO NOT READY. Anyone else feeling the stress yet?!?
Has anyone heard any stories through the grapevine of people missing their offers and still being let onto City's Optometry course? And if so how low do you think they'd be willing to go? I ask this because I know some schools that give their applicants a bit of leeway. People have gotten into Bradford with grades like BBC and some have gotten into Aston with BBB after being given the standard conditional offer. How strict do you think City are?

Which accommodation have you applied for at ARU?

Original post by Jodieeee....
Doing some revision today and i realise my last exam is two months today!!!!
I'M SO NOT READY. Anyone else feeling the stress yet?!?

Haha I have my first exam in 3 and a half weeks :frown:
Original post by britchick
Which accommodation have you applied for at ARU?

I applied, in this order;
Anastasia
Peter Taylor
Swinhoe
CB1 en-suite
Collier Road medium
Collier Road large
Sedley court/something else I can't quite remember for 7 and 8.

I got an accommodation offer for SEDLEY EFFING COURT.
I mean, it's not bad in and of itself, but seriously? Eighth choice? Like, why do they even try and sort it out now? Everything on the list was showing as full and it wasn't exactly my fault I couldn't apply- since they warn you on the website you need to wait until you've accepted- I was waiting until Glasgow gave me an offer before accepting anything. So of course everything was full.

Argh, never mind. Sedley court'll have to do.

Quick Reply

Latest