The Student Room Group

How's your revision progress ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Im at AS and I have probably managed 15 hours over the whole holidays, still more than january though so I am semi-proud of myself
Original post by milesofsea

Do this:

-Accept that sleep and fun are not priorities anymore for this short period of time. Stay up late/wake up super early (late works for me), stock up on caffeine supplies of your choice (coffee and coke zero for me) and/or sweets and chocolate.

-Don't worry about your other goals now. Your 'bikini body' or looking like the hulk or applying for jobs or pursuing your heart's desire or your spots or ANYTHING apart from exams doesn't matter during this period. Nothing else matters but these exams, focus on NOTHING else. Your life is your books now. Don't even go out with your friends, they'll understand and are probably cramming just as much as you; the annoying organised ones can be go lonely clubbing, serves them right.

-FOCUS your revision. This especially applies to uni exams, it's amazing how little you can get away with learning and still get a good mark. Be tactful and suss out the past papers, then study those bits first. If you have time, obviously go that bit further to get higher marks.

-Stress yourself out just enough to build up motivation and adrenaline, but not so much that you freak out completely (remember, it's not actually the end of the world if you don't do well, there are always second chances/alternatives)

WE CAN DO IT

Very nicely said!
This has actually motivated me as everything you've said is true. It wasn't just the usual stuff people say for motivation because I can relate to the things you said. Thanks! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
I've done quite a bit of revision... but I still can't remember any of it.
It goes in and straight back out like always and I don't know how to sort it xD
I still have 4 weeks from tomorrow until my first exam I guess.
Am i right in thinking that everyone on this site now should probably be revising:creep: ? :L
Procrastination at it's finest. :biggrin:
Original post by milesofsea
x

pos rep :yy:

Good luck with your exams! :smile:
Reply 25
Working hard and playing hard (Y) Just work through the day and go out at night, then you get the best of both worlds and remain motivated

Feels like I've been slacking, but when I end up with 100% on C3 mocks and all my subjects noted up, I can't complain XD
Reply 26
Original post by loopy786
This is me. I've practically finished unit 1, hoping to do unit 2 tomorrow. D:

Now on to unit 2 Chemistry. :facepalm:

So basically, I will have no time to do any Maths./F.M. revision and so will have to somehow cram all of Bio. and Chem. into the next two days before Tuesday, whilst doing all my homework. SIGH

And so, when I hand in shoddy past papers and have bad unit 2 mocks, I will get shouted at ALL. OVER. AGAIN. GRAWR.

Can't believe they're in less than a month. :frown:(((

Are you on edexcel for biology and chemistry?
Original post by SimpleGirl
Very nicely said!
This has actually motivated me as everything you've said is true. It wasn't just the usual stuff people say for motivation because I can relate to the things you said. Thanks! :smile:

I'm glad! It was done partly to help motivate me too :tongue:

and somewhat justifies the time wasted writing that post when I shoud be revising...shh
My first exam is in 4 weeks and I haven't done any revision and still have Coursework to finish - waaah!
Although my 2 May exams are AS resits I already have an A & C in so the coursework is my priority atm. But then I have my 5 A2 exams in June which I haven't done any revision for either. Can't wait for 21st June - my life will be free :biggrin:
Reply 29
I wish I could say something positive, but up until now I've not really revised one iota.

Not for lack of effort or want to revise (/need...) but for the fact I've been stuck doing coursework the last two weeks.. =/ My own fault for leaving it too late, but it's gotta be done...

Ah well, last bit of coursework ever before Uni, hopefully, and now I can start revising for my 12 A2 exams... -__- *sigh*
Reply 30
Haven't even finished unit 1. :frown: I'm so unprepared! Why are they giving us homework??? I need to revise!! Agh, this year has gone by so fast..... Good luck :thumbsup:

This is me. I've practically finished unit 1, hoping to do unit 2 tomorrow. D:

Now on to unit 2 Chemistry. :facepalm:

So basically, I will have no time to do any Maths./F.M. revision and so will have to somehow cram all of Bio. and Chem. into the next two days before Tuesday, whilst doing all my homework. SIGH

And so, when I hand in shoddy past papers and have bad unit 2 mocks, I will get shouted at ALL. OVER. AGAIN. GRAWR.

Can't believe they're in less than a month. :frown:(((
Reply 31
Original post by a rusH
Haven't even finished unit 1. :frown: I'm so unprepared! Why are they giving us homework??? I need to revise!! Agh, this year has gone by so fast..... Good luck :thumbsup:

I'm honestly going to need that luck. :frown:

Done two topics of Chemistry... TWO. OUT OF 19. TWO. AND I WAS MEANT TO FINISH TODAY SO I CAN ROUND EVERYTHING OFF TOMORROW FOR UNIT 2 BIOLOGY. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM. :frown: :frown: :frown: AND STUPID HOMEWORK, INCL. AN ESSAY!!!

sigh

Good luck to you too. :frown: :redface:
Reply 32
Original post by ummm
Are you on edexcel for biology and chemistry?

I'm on WJEC for Biology, and WHY my teachers decided to torture us like that, I'll NEVER. KNOW.

And for Chemistry and Maths., I'm with Edexcel. At least they have a textbook. :frown:
Reply 33
I'm on WJEC for Biology, and WHY my teachers decided to torture us like that, I'll NEVER. KNOW.

And for Chemistry and Maths., I'm with Edexcel. At least they have a textbook. :frown:

Ahh, that sucks! I'm on Edexcel for chemistry and biology, and AQA for maths. Have you done much of chemistry unit 2 yet? I'm finding it pretty difficult... MUCH harder than unit 1... especially all the halogen/group 1 and 2 reactions and organics... :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Xenite
I wish I could say something positive, but up until now I've not really revised one iota.

Not for lack of effort or want to revise (/need...) but for the fact I've been stuck doing coursework the last two weeks.. =/ My own fault for leaving it too late, but it's gotta be done...

Ah well, last bit of coursework ever before Uni, hopefully, and now I can start revising for my 12 A2 exams... -__- *sigh*

Ah, forgot to mention that we haven't even started learning the exam stuff for Graphic Products (Edexcel). And we're supposed to be a design college.. Blah. Speaking of that, actually, I need to go and finish the coursework which is due in... tomorrow. =/
Original post by HopefulFutureMedic
I have less than 4 weeks until my first exam. :frown:
I crap myself when i think about it,
I've done nowhere near enough revision..
I can scrap my dream of wanting to study Medicine!
:afraid:

Last year I started revision after easter, I had 4 weeks to cram 4 AS exams, Bio, Chem, Econs and business as well as an A2 exam in maths. Slept at 2am each day woke up at 7am and revised throughout the day hitting double figured revision hours. In the end I came out with 3A's 2B's and im a medic offer holder now so it is possible. Focus during these next couple of weeks!!!
Reply 36
anybody up for a late nighter tonight? :biggrin: been badly lacking in motivation this week and it decides to come back on the last night of the holidays, may as well make the most of it :biggrin:
Reply 37
Videos of Charlie the Budgie on YouTube become fascinating and Phagocytosis doesn't seem that important all of a sudden.... Then before I know it, it's nearly the end of the Easter holiday :angry:
It's so hard to keep motivated!
Thanks, I'll be needing it too :cry:

I'm honestly going to need that luck. :frown:

Done two topics of Chemistry... TWO. OUT OF 19. TWO. AND I WAS MEANT TO FINISH TODAY SO I CAN ROUND EVERYTHING OFF TOMORROW FOR UNIT 2 BIOLOGY. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM. :frown: :frown: :frown: AND STUPID HOMEWORK, INCL. AN ESSAY!!!

sigh

Good luck to you too. :frown: :redface:
Reply 38
hiya
i have been revising some things
im sooo nervous
i hate exams sooo much :frown:
Reply 39
dont worry
you do your best in the exam and then you will feel that you may have a chance of doing medicine
have confidence,......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending