The Student Room Group

Best Pranks in school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
the typical setting off the alarm prank.
Reply 41
Original post by D4rth
Wait, so someone presses the fire alarm once and you guys think it's a prank? You should have been at my school. Every year it is guaranteed to go off several times, in year 9-10 we went through months where it would go off weekly during the same period, sometimes several times a week, they had to get year 8's to stand at all the fire alarm things.

we had the exact same thing but it was going off a couple of times a day at its most frequent, and during the gcse exam period, too. our teachers came up with exactly the same solution aswell! however, they quickly changed it to year 10 guards when they realised it was actually some of the year 8s who were setting the blasted things off lol.
we had the average stink bombs and fire alarms, but a few i was involved with was writing on a white bored in prit stick, then scribbling on the bored in bored marker when the teacher was out the room, so when she came in, she wiped the bored and it got stuck to the glue. we managed that about 4 times in 1 lesson, and she never cottoned on.

another i did was when id just been given a rape alarm, walking down the busiest corridor in my school at the start of lunch, and occasionally setting it off, so everyone was wondering what it was. had the school baffled for ages!

probably have many more!
At the school one of my friends went to they had a school hall with a really high ceiling so on the last day they set off a bunch of rape alarms, tied them to some helium balloons and let them float right to the top out of reach- even with stepladders. Infuriating because everyone could see exactly where they were...
Reply 44
Not even sure if it was a deliberate prank, but half way through my second year of college the 'e' in beacon fell off the sign outside. It then read "Cirencester College, a bacon college", which I thought was quite funny.
Original post by Jester94

At my brother's school, they led a cow upstairs in the science block one year apparently.

Haha I've heard about that being done before, apparently they can't walk down stairs?
Reply 46
Original post by mrshinyshoes
Haha I've heard about that being done before, apparently they can't walk down stairs?

Nope, they had to use some kind of crane/pulley system to get it out :smile:
Reply 47
Tied a nylon tie (the one which is used to secure shopping bags) on our school cupboard and the we also made sure to hide all the available scissors around :biggrin:
Putting gold fish in the sinks was funny when people went to wash their hands

The goldfish were all re-homed after this prank!
A lot of funny stuff happened at my school all the time but most of it wouldn't sound funny on here, I spent all of break and lunch laughing. One time we were having a snow ball fight, which wasn't supposed to be allowed but everyone did it. A bit of nerdy kid who we were mates with threw a snow ball. The headmaster's office overlooked the yard and we convinced the lad that the headmaster had seen it and waved him up to his office, which he hadn't. The lad then went and nervously knocked on the the door and the headmaster had no idea what he was doing there. That was very funny.

One lesson in about year 8, me and a mate managed to steal evey person in the classes bag and hide them in the store cupboard. One of us would speak to them and then kick it out from under their table and then do something to distract them while the other one came and picked it up. It was funny at the end of the lesson when people realised, nobody could figure it out.

One lad got expelled for trying to do a prank. The changing rooms were split into small ones and a lad had the idea of climbing into the roof from one, walking across to another (a male one) and jumping down and suprising the people in the other changing room. The panel lifted out so you could do this. He got into the roof and went on top of the other changing room but the whole ceiling was just held up by wires and the whole thing collapsed.

I had a good idea for the last day but was too scared to actually do it. Get everyone to chip in for a heavy duty padlock and lock the staff car park gate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Someone put a sign outside the school which said "For Sale" which was quite funny

But the best prank has to be the one where someone printed out loads of posters with a picture of our elderly deputy head which said "Has Anyone Seen This Sex God?" and stuck them around school
:tongue:

I can't wait for year 13 muck up day...i'm getting loads of ideas off this thread:biggrin:
The year above mine let cats loose in the school. Quite funny, but the perpetrators got into so much trouble and the whole years leaver's day and ball was threatened to be cancelled, it wasn't.

There weren't really many major pranks in my school aside from people locking out teachers from classrooms, random graffiti, hiding peoples belongings and putting up pictures from the yearbook with notes like "ring for 3sum"

My school was sooo original :rolleyes:
One kid in my school was dared to yell 'Achtung!' really loud and throw a firecracker into the teacher's lounge. That was the last day we saw him lol.

Another tradition at my school is to take someone's backpack while they're up at the blackboard, take all the stuff out, flip it inside out and zip it back up :biggrin: Quite pathetic, but the looks on their faces are worth it haha.
Original post by dongonaeatu
So why not say the last day?

I don't make the rules - muck up day has existed a lot longer than I have! I expect it's in the name really - muck up day. And it's not really the last day of school because nobody actually goes to lessons or does anything related to school, apart from be in the building.
Original post by Liquidise.
One kid in my school was dared to yell 'Achtung!' really loud and throw a firecracker into the teacher's lounge. That was the last day we saw him lol.

Not sure why I found this funny... pretty stupid trick to pull really!
The year 13s last year,

3 sheep,
numbered 1,2 and 4.

Teachers spent the whole day looking for sheep number 3 ahahaha :biggrin:
no sheep were harmed in the prank

i swear you stole that from a TV show or movie or book or something...
Reply 56
Original post by hbk4894
of what are the best pranks you have ever seen done , or you have done or have been done to you while you were in school , and what are the best pranks you have heard of.

not too many pranks but i have been bagged(as in having my shorts pulled down) a few times in the PE changings so have a few other people.

It was 5 years ago, in the summer term during the last week of school before the year 13s left.
During assembly, the Headmaster had just finished making announcements and the organist had just announced the page number in the hymn book, for us to sing.
Then without warning, an alarm went off at the front of the hall.
It wasn't just any alarm.
It was a chicken alarm- the sound of a cockerel, to be precise.
And all of a sudden, somebody dressed in a chicken suit ran through the doors and onto the stage- holding a real, live chicken in his/her hands.
The chicken was placed on the stage in front of the organ, and the person jumped in the air, flapped their wings and then ran back out.
The whole school broke into laughter, and the Head got angry and made everybody shush.
The organist (stupidly) carried on as if nothing had happened- and when he pressed onto the keys of the organ to play the first chord of the hymn we were about to sing, the chicken flapped its wings in terror and jumped off the stage, onto the year 7s, who all screamed and ran from their seats to avoid the chicken.
The Geography teacher dived into the crowd to grab the chicken (which had pooed everywhere) and removed it from the hall.
To top it all off, and to the great annoyance of the Head, the chicken alarm went off again once everybody had calmed down.
Best. Assembly. Ever.
Reply 57
One of my classmates in year 8 stabbed a year 10 boy in the eye with the pointy end of those things you use to draw circles.

Was well funny.
The year 13s last year,

3 sheep,
numbered 1,2 and 4.

Teachers spent the whole day looking for sheep number 3 ahahaha :biggrin:
no sheep were harmed in the prank

Reply 59
Original post by Fat-Love
One of my classmates in year 8 stabbed a year 10 boy in the eye with the pointy end of those things you use to draw circles.

Was well funny.

Surely that's taking things a little too far. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest