The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Apply For 3 Courses?

Can I apply for 3 courses to LSE such as Bsc govt&eco,BSc Eco&eco history and Bsc Economics.

WHere can i find personal statements for applying to multiple courses at lse?

Please Help!
You can but it's generally not advised since you need to sell yourself for a particular course, and show you have your application properly thought out - harder to do with more than one course.

That said, I applied for Bsc Economics and Bsc Econ & Econ Hist at LSE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
You will have to write a personal statement catered to economics, econ history And government.. I think you'll just come across as being more dedicated to the LSE brand rather than a particular subject course. Many people struggle writing about two in the limited space. I guess you can apply for three but you know you will not get more than one offer, if you get an offer, right?
Reply 3
Original post by North Irelandman
You can but it's generally not advised since you need to sell yourself for a particular course, and show you have your application properly thought out - harder to do with more than one course.

That said, I applied for Bsc Economics and Bsc Econ & Econ Hist at LSE.

Thanks for the advice.So did you get offer from any of the two.What were your gcse grades and A Level Subjects?Can u please share your ps so i have an idea of how to manage my PS with three subjects:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 21Grapes
You will have to write a personal statement catered to economics, econ history And government.. I think you'll just come across as being more dedicated to the LSE brand rather than a particular subject course. Many people struggle writing about two in the limited space. I guess you can apply for three but you know you will not get more than one offer, if you get an offer, right?

Yeah i know that but i really want LSE:frown: i know competition in economics is very tough so i decided to apply for joint degree programme.Did you apply to LSE?for which courses did u apply?
Reply 5
Mmm, well if you decide to go with three you need to make sure you like the course of all three. Even if you got in to LSE its important for you to enjoy what you are studying :smile: i did yes. Economics & Economic History.
Reply 6
Original post by 21Grapes
Mmm, well if you decide to go with three you need to make sure you like the course of all three. Even if you got in to LSE its important for you to enjoy what you are studying :smile: i did yes. Economics & Economic History.

Did u get an offer?wht were ur gcse and alevel subjects if u dont mind me asking:smile:
Original post by rfuzzy
Thanks for the advice.So did you get offer from any of the two.What were your gcse grades and A Level Subjects?Can u please share your ps so i have an idea of how to manage my PS with three subjects:smile:

No problem, and yes I will be studying Economics & Economic History in October :biggrin: I initially applied for L101 Econ with the rest of my choices plus one open choice. On Jan 14th I applied for a second course at LSE, I received my L101 rejection a few days after (perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not), I also submitted 'additional information' regarding why I added another choice. Subjects:

Spoiler

If you want I can PM my statement(s) to you next time I'm at my PC.
Reply 8
No problem, and yes I will be studying Economics & Economic History in October :biggrin: I initially applied for L101 Econ with the rest of my choices plus one open choice. On Jan 14th I applied for a second course at LSE, I received my L101 rejection a few days after (perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not), I also submitted 'additional information' regarding why I added another choice. Subjects:

Spoiler

If you want I can PM my statement(s) to you next time I'm at my PC.

Thank You for your help!i would be extremely grateful if u can share ur PS with me which would assist me in writing my PS.Also do u know any website for good sample PS for LSE?
Original post by rfuzzy
Thank You for your help!i would be extremely grateful if u can share ur PS with me which would assist me in writing my PS.Also do u know any website for good sample PS for LSE?

I'll paste my statement to you now. Here is a collection of sample personal statements gathered by TSR (subject: Economics), I would also advise looking at the LSE website's guidelines to PS writing - very wise to take into account what they want to see.

I think you should be careful not to get carried away with other people's statements; have a careful read over some and reflect on how the statements are structured. Don't dive straight into writing, make a note of your achievements and experiences you want to mention, and have a general idea of how your statement will flow. Chances are you will be over the 4000 character limit, so anything you mention must have a reason why it makes you a better candidate for a place, otherwise it is a waste of words. Lastly make sure to get your PS checked by one of the PS Helpers on this site, and on that note, get as many people as possible to read your finished statement - you'll be surprised how many times something can be missed. Best of luck with applying :smile:
Reply 10
I'll paste my statement to you now. Here is a collection of sample personal statements gathered by TSR (subject: Economics), I would also advise looking at the LSE website's guidelines to PS writing - very wise to take into account what they want to see.

I think you should be careful not to get carried away with other people's statements; have a careful read over some and reflect on how the statements are structured. Don't dive straight into writing, make a note of your achievements and experiences you want to mention, and have a general idea of how your statement will flow. Chances are you will be over the 4000 character limit, so anything you mention must have a reason why it makes you a better candidate for a place, otherwise it is a waste of words. Lastly make sure to get your PS checked by one of the PS Helpers on this site, and on that note, get as many people as possible to read your finished statement - you'll be surprised how many times something can be missed. Best of luck with applying :smile:

Very Grateful for your advice and hope i am able to write a good personal statement:smile:
You'll struggle writing that PS, and getting offers for two different courses at LSE is exceedingly rare.
Stop being greedy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending