The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Architecture-Can I enrol with lower grades?

I am offered a place at Uni. of Westminster to study Architecture. The condition given to me is ABB and the A must come from Art & Design. The usual/standard condition is AAB (as what informed by the website) and it is not compulsory to take Art&Design to apply Architecture. I am very happy to get a condition which is slightly lower than the standard condition but I am very worried about Art. I got B for my AS. Why am I given a condition which is lower than the standard one, which makes my life easier but at the same time, being requested to score A for a subject which I scored B during AS? Confusing, right?

Now my question is, is there a chance for me to still get a place in Uni. of Westminster if, let's say, I score ABB but A is not from Art? or I score AAB and the B is Art? or even if I score BBB?

I know some schools, especially those which are less popular or of lower ranked, would accept students who score slightly lower than the condition given. So I am asking if you have any experience or any friends who got into Architecture course at Uni. of Westminster even their grades were slightly lower than what asked by the school.

Can I ask the school to change the condition?
Reply 1
well right now aim for ABB, because im assumeing you havn't done all your exams yet. So just work very, very hard and if your results come out belwo your offer deal with it then.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Same thing happened for me, I've got a conditional offer from Westminster as well for Interior Architecture and I need to get ABB. I'm worried I might not get the A, so I was just hoping that maybe on the day of results I'd be able to call up the university for some kind of agreeement? I don't know, but its scary!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending