The Student Room Group

DMU Pharmacy 2012 students!!!!!

Hello there,

I've noticed, there's no thread with DMU pharmacy students starting in Sep 2012 so thought I'd make one :biggrin:, so we can all introduce ourselves and answer any queries we may have! I have put my offer as firm so will be starting there later this year! who else is going there? and does anybody know what the pharmacy course is like at DMU? :smile: hope to hear from some of you soon!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! :biggrin:

i've firmed it! And hoping to go there :smile:
Reply 2
Yayyy :smile:, have you received the CRB form yet and the declaration form? I have yet to receive it as I only just recieved the offer a few days ago
Reply 3
Nope! :frown: I did email them though and they said they'd be sending them out during May! :smile: congrats on your offer btw! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Does anyone know if leicester or any other universities are going into clearing?
Reply 5
Hi..I've chosen dmu as my firm so hopefully will be starting in sept :smile:
Reply 6
Congrats :biggrin: ..this threads rather slow..lol..looking forward to seeing everyone in september, heard it a big course with a lot of students every year!
Reply 7
yep its a very popular course lol! have you chosen your accommodation yet?
Reply 8
nah, i'm going to commute as i live about 10 miles away :smile: you chosen your accomodation? newarke points nice, so is victoria hall and code is not too bad either
Reply 9
oh i see! yeah i like newarke point and filbert village looks good too! but newarke point is so close so i would prefer it there :smile:
Reply 10
i firmed too! yay!
im thinking i wanna live in liberty park! quite a walk but looks so pretty :tongue:
x
Reply 11
I'm currently a first year Pharmacy student at DMU. Decided to live at Liberty park this year as well so thought I'd come on here and give you an insight on what you're looking at next year.

The course itself starts off pretty slow, at the beginning nothing is assessed which is to be expected, get most of your partying done before christmas is my advice. Keep your lecture notes too, some lecturers (in particular Chemistry) won't always put their notes online. It's not a bad course, and the building you'll be doing it in is quite nice, despite being old. Beware biology lectures - I'll tell you now, concentrate hard because there are couple of lecturers that will be the most boring people you will ever meet.

I've met a load of friends at Liberty, it's quite a close nit area, and with the whole building being in blocks etc.. you tend to get to know a lot of people from your block. However, there is a big problem with noise if you're facing onto the courtyard, and I wouldn't expect to get your deposit back at the end of the year either. Not to mention the weekly kitchen inspections. However for a first year accomodation it's not bad. DO NOT GO TO FILBERT VILLAGE! That's just a warning, but it's an inside joke that Filbert village is certainly not the place to go! Newarke point is quite nice, and is close to the Hawthorn building so you only have to roll out of bed and you're there.

Apart from all that I think you'll have some fun at DMU, it's got a great nightlife I'll tell you that much.
Reply 12
hey guysss,
im really confusedd :frown: is the CRB check and the Declaration Form the same thing?

DMU emailed me a few weeks ago saying they havent received my declaration form, and i replied saying i didnt get one so they sent me a new one, and i sent it off and everything, but i dunno if they are the same thing or nottt, anyone knoww?

xxx
Reply 13
i booked my accommodation at newarke point yay! and the declaration form and CRB check are two different things i think. they didn't send me one either so they emailed me one instead and i sent it back a while ago. they emailed me today sayng they're going to send the CRB check in the post this week x
Reply 14
Original post by kks93
i booked my accommodation at newarke point yay! and the declaration form and CRB check are two different things i think. they didn't send me one either so they emailed me one instead and i sent it back a while ago. they emailed me today sayng they're going to send the CRB check in the post this week x

yeah i got that email today too LOL thank you! x
Reply 15
Hey guys
Im not doing Pharmacy but Health care science thought id pop by and say Hey
:biggrin: x
Reply 16
Original post by Olis750
I'm currently a first year Pharmacy student at DMU. Decided to live at Liberty park this year as well so thought I'd come on here and give you an insight on what you're looking at next year.

The course itself starts off pretty slow, at the beginning nothing is assessed which is to be expected, get most of your partying done before christmas is my advice. Keep your lecture notes too, some lecturers (in particular Chemistry) won't always put their notes online. It's not a bad course, and the building you'll be doing it in is quite nice, despite being old. Beware biology lectures - I'll tell you now, concentrate hard because there are couple of lecturers that will be the most boring people you will ever meet.

I've met a load of friends at Liberty, it's quite a close nit area, and with the whole building being in blocks etc.. you tend to get to know a lot of people from your block. However, there is a big problem with noise if you're facing onto the courtyard, and I wouldn't expect to get your deposit back at the end of the year either. Not to mention the weekly kitchen inspections. However for a first year accomodation it's not bad. DO NOT GO TO FILBERT VILLAGE! That's just a warning, but it's an inside joke that Filbert village is certainly not the place to go! Newarke point is quite nice, and is close to the Hawthorn building so you only have to roll out of bed and you're there.

Apart from all that I think you'll have some fun at DMU, it's got a great nightlife I'll tell you that much.

I just booked my accomodation at filbert village and was wondering why you say it's not the place to go?
Reply 17
Original post by ldombey
I just booked my accomodation at filbert village and was wondering why you say it's not the place to go?

It's just got a bit of a reputation. Has done for a few years apparently.

Security's not too good, and you get more of your fair shares of drug raids making their visits. Plus, if you're unlucky enough to be on the far side of the building you're looking out onto a mass of pylons.

However, you get problems at all Halls so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Original post by ldombey

I booked Filbert village! Oh dear.
Reply 19
I've firmed dmu for pharmacy this september :biggrin:, thinking of booking Liberty park as it looks pretty sick lol however i heard its a bit far from the actual uni? :\

Quick Reply