The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14loubylou
I know it was awful :frown:.. definitely will be flying to uni! i've spoke to some people who go there now and they love it so hopefully it will be good! aww i bet she probably is in a nice way you'll find out for sure if she keeps distracting you doing revision haha, my mum's the same i couldn't have chosen much further away although i didn't intend to go so far just how things worked out! really i don't i prefer it to the softer southern as well, better than my plain accent (it is not famerish though!) No nobody i think the furthest is Liverpool other than me.. how about you? :smile:

I know same :smile: we had a complete disaster with the boat at the applicants day and ended up getting lost in Glasgow and nearly missing it! flying is definitely the easiest option haha. Well there's only 2 unis over here so not much choice for me lol, though there's quite a lot of people I know considering Glasgow. One of my best friends has it as her firm too though not sure if that's a good thing or not :s-smilie:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 1281
I've just applied for accommodation and it was relievingly easy, taking me all of 5 minutes!

1. Murano Small
2. Murano Large
3. Queen Margeret
Question for people staying in Murano:
1. Can you bring your own curtains?
2. Is it worth getting a new double duvet for the beds?
3. Is it okay to bring extra storage, like under the bed plastic drawers?
Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by la-penseur
I know same :smile: we had a complete disaster with the boat at the applicants day and ended up getting lost in Glasgow and nearly missing it! flying is definitely the easiest option haha. Well there's only 2 unis over here so not much choice for me lol, though there's quite a lot of people I know considering Glasgow. One of my best friends has it as her firm too though not sure if that's a good thing or not :s-smilie:

oh no! that must've been pretty stressful :s-smilie: oh right i suppose Glasgow would be pretty popular with only two uni's to choose from.. really how come? :smile:
Original post by 14loubylou
oh no! that must've been pretty stressful :s-smilie: oh right i suppose Glasgow would be pretty popular with only two uni's to choose from.. really how come? :smile:

I'm so glad it was my dad and not me driving, he was so close to smashing his phone because the gps kept telling us to go the wrong way :L and cause knowing me I'll end up just relying on her instead of going out of my way to make friends :P but it's also sorta good in a way, makes things less scary :smile:
Reply 1285
Original post by RockU
Hey =)
Glasgow will be my firm and I was wondering if considering choosing a twin spaces is a bad idea. Any experience or advices ?

Well I lived at boarding school for 2 years, and shared a room both years. It's ok if you share with someone you know you get along with, who are similar to you and has the same routines, personality etc. You can be lucky and get someone similar to you, but there will always be some things, big or small, which you don't agree on, or things the other person does which pisses you off. Consider if you could cope with living with someone who snores, or is super messy or plays loud music when you want to sleep etc..
Reply 1286
Original post by RockU
I think I'm like you. I will choose single space :smile:
Thanks !
I have another question though : should I apply for accomodation now or can I wait a little ? I mean, if I apply later, am I sure to have a place ?
I haven't chosen my insurance yet that's why I ask this question.

It depends. If you are 100% sure about studying at Glasgow, and want to Firm it or if you already have done this, then apply for accommodation asap. The sooner you apply the more likely it is that you will get the accommodation you want, especially if you want QM- since these rooms are highly sought after because they are en-suite. Remember; when you Firm on UCAS, it takes over 72 hours before you can apply for accommodation, so you lose some time here too. :smile:

I think I read that if you are an international student you are guaranteed accommodation first year. You will find more info on the University homepage :wink: Good luck!
Reply 1287
Thinking about accommodation and can't choose. Which is better: SA single or Cairncross single?
Reply 1288
Original post by Soli123
It depends. If you are 100% sure about studying at Glasgow, and want to Firm it or if you already have done this, then apply for accommodation asap. The sooner you apply the more likely it is that you will get the accommodation you want, especially if you want QM- since these rooms are highly sought after because they are en-suite. Remember; when you Firm on UCAS, it takes over 72 hours before you can apply for accommodation, so you lose some time here too. :smile:

I think I read that if you are an international student you are guaranteed accommodation first year. You will find more info on the University homepage :wink: Good luck!

Is it not that if you apply one day before the deadline you have as good a chance of getting a place as applying five months before the deadline, rather than first-come, first-served?
Reply 1289
Original post by Harve
Is it not that if you apply one day before the deadline you have as good a chance of getting a place as applying five months before the deadline, rather than first-come, first-served?

How I understand it, when it comes to QM at least, is that since there are so few rooms compared to the number of people applying for accommodation here, you have a better chance of getting a room here if you apply early. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember some comments about this. However being placed somewhere which wasn't top 3 on your list is rare. :smile:
Reply 1290
Just to let everybody know, I received my offer for Kelvinhaugh Gate 15 minutes ago.

So check your mail accounts to see if you also got your offer for the halls.

Btw: I am a postgraduate from Germany starting this fall.
I also got my offer! And my first choice! Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 1292
Just got offered Murano Large Flats.
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette
I also got my offer! And my first choice! Yay! :biggrin:

hey congratz!! :smile:
and by the way was your offer from Glasgow conditional or unconditional?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1294
I also recieved an offer for accomodation, but the website won't let me log in so I don't know for which accomodation yet :tongue: Hoping it'll be one of my top choices, otherwise I'll probably look for private accomodation :smile:
Reply 1295
Original post by Soli123
x

Original post by Soli123
x

Thank you for both of your answers :smile:

I will choose single space for this year and I will see in second year for twin space.

I can't afford QM so I guess I will go to Cairncross or Murano.
Reply 1296
Got an accommodation offer from QM today :biggrin: So excited !
Reply 1297
QM for me as well, yey! :biggrin:
Reply 1298
Large single SA :biggrin: It was my top choice but I wasn't actually expecting to get it so yeay :smile:
Original post by Soli123
Got an accommodation offer from QM today :biggrin: So excited !

when did you apply for accommodation? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending