The Student Room Group

Are 'private' student halls less social?

When I say private I mean the halls owned by 'Unite-students' and similar companies. Im considering the Plaza in Leeds but worried it's going to be harder to make friends and it will be less social. I dont know why I assume this but was just wondering if I'm right or wrong?
I don't know about less social, but Unite have a fairly terrible reputation in terms of maintenance and customer service (do a search on this forum / google - it just sounds grim)
Original post by Origami Bullets
I don't know about less social, but Unite have a fairly terrible reputation in terms of maintenance and customer service (do a search on this forum / google - it just sounds grim)

Unites service has been very good for me. The only bad thing I can think of is the windows are not cleaned as often as I want.
Reply 3
im considering this too because i live within the M25 and so probably wont get king's accomodation.

i was thinking, perhaps you could make it more sociable by having a roommate? its cheaper and can never be lonely :h: as long as you're not incredibly introverted, i think it could be a lot of fun!

if the accomodation is close to uni halls, there's no reason why you couldnt just hang out around there during the evenings or something, and then pop home?
Reply 4
Original post by laurie:)
im considering this too because i live within the M25 and so probably wont get king's accomodation.

i was thinking, perhaps you could make it more sociable by having a roommate? its cheaper and can never be lonely :h: as long as you're not incredibly introverted, i think it could be a lot of fun!

if the accomodation is close to uni halls, there's no reason why you couldnt just hang out around there during the evenings or something, and then pop home?

I'd like to stay in Opal i think! Yeah if i lived in the plaza I wouldnt live by myself haha, I want somewhere really social but nice...
Reply 5
It depends on the place really, I mean if you really want to socialized you can always go out or go to other halls.! XD

but yeah some private halls have some pretty bad review, I guess you need to do more investigation regarding the subject.
Reply 6
Original post by Meowxxx
When I say private I mean the halls owned by 'Unite-students' and similar companies. Im considering the Plaza in Leeds but worried it's going to be harder to make friends and it will be less social. I dont know why I assume this but was just wondering if I'm right or wrong?

Depends on you. I had my own accommodation, I made the most of it, invited my friends, made new friends, had lots of fun.

If your not a party person, then it may be difficult to host, hence bring some people to the party who knows how to PARTTYYY

Quick Reply

Latest