The Student Room Group

AAB universities

What decent universities out there have entry requriment's of AAB? cause i know some uni's have raised their entry requirment from AAB to AAA for 2013
Reply 1
Original post by Gary
What decent universities out there have entry requriment's of AAB? cause i know some uni's have raised their entry requirment from AAB to AAA for 2013

Are you seriously incapable of doing your own research? As this seems to be the case do you honestly think universtiy is the place of person who is incapable?

Instead of looking at these so called 'decent' unversity you should look at university that show the same capablabilties as yourself. May London South Bank or London Met do you?

Seriously What kind of reply are you after? blah blah you should go to bristol they have easy entry requirements blah blah. I mean seriously... show some intellgence.

This is a justified opinion on the question asked.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ITGIRL
Are you seriously incapable of doing your own research? As this seems to be the case do you honestly think universtiy is the place of person who is incapable?

Instead of looking at these so called 'decent' unversity you should look at university that show the same capablabilties as yourself. May London South Bank or London Met do you?

Seriously What kind of reply are you after? blah blah you should go to bristol they have easy entry requirements blah blah. I mean seriously... show some intellgence.

This is a justified opinion on the question asked.

Bit unnecessary?

OP, your Russell Group Unis will want in the A*AA - AAA range MOSTLY.

But it's all course dependent. More competitive course will want AAA but less competitive might ask for less. Try UCAS or unistats
Reply 3
^^ Harsh. However she(ITGIRL) has a point you should come up with a list of universities you like then come back....
Reply 4
I mean theres a few i like, bristol, manchester, southampton but they've all raised their entry requirments to AAA this year =/
Reply 5
Original post by Gary
I mean theres a few i like, bristol, manchester, southampton but they've all raised their entry requirments to AAA this year =/

BA Eco at Manchester is AAB, is there a huge difference between picking BSC and BA??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Gary

York
Reply 7
Original post by QwertyG
BA Eco at Manchester is AAB, is there a huge difference between picking BSC and BA??

im not sure? do you know the differnece?
I applied for Leeds University this year, and they gave me an offer of AAB. I also applied for Manchester and Nottingham, who gave me ABB, but like others have said they can give higher offers for different courses! :yep:
Hope this helped! :h:

PS - I guess it depends on the course you want to do! What subjects are you looking at? :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by buddhacoffee
I applied for Leeds University this year, and they gave me an offer of AAB. I also applied for Manchester and Nottingham, who gave me ABB, but like others have said they can give higher offers for different courses! :yep:
Hope this helped! :h:

PS - I guess it depends on the course you want to do! What subjects are you looking at? :biggrin:

Economics, for manchester and nottingham, both require AAA :frown:
Original post by Gary
Economics, for manchester and nottingham, both require AAA :frown:

Really?! Gosh, that's high! :eek: I suppose I don't really know much about Economics courses, but I'm sure if you look on UCAS you'll be able to find some unis that offer AAB. :h: If you're getting AAB grades that's fantastic, and I'm sure you won't have too much of a problem finding good unis that require this! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
York AAA/AAB and i got AAB
Reply 12
Original post by Gary

I think York have increased their requirements to AAA-AAB, but I think that they'll give an AAB offer to anyone with A2 level maths, as quite a few people, including myself applied to York and got this offer. I was also told at the open day by the admissions tutor that if you narrowly miss your offer, or if you have subjects like Maths, Physics and Chemistry, then chances are you'll be given an offer even if you're predictions are lower, and that they are very flexible on results day.

I think Exeter ask for A*AA-AAB, and rarely give out A*AA offers. Glasgow is AAB, so is Queen Mary and Sheffield, which are all pretty decent.
Reply 13
last year
manchester
sheffield
loughborough
cardiff
newcastle
glasgow

also
queen mary
lancaster
surrey