The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennifer.tariah
you said it yourself, they are converted from the grade boundaries.

55/100 will always be a D on a results sheet but you might have needed a very low mark to actually get 55/100.

Anyway,resit of science ISA today-just found out yesterday!!!My old teacher looked positive yesterday that I could be entered in for Further Maths GCSE in Year11 and if I do then I will have 17 GCSEs.
Going to parents evening in a minute.

Oh God the awkwardness. :colondollar:

It's either really bad and a teacher will be negative, and I'll go red.
Or the teacher will be really positive, I'll feel uncomfortable, and go red anyway.
Reply 2502
Exam on my birthday fun times D:
Original post by Mr.Nor

lol lucky you :wink: what exam is it?
Original post by Dalek1099
55/100 will always be a D on a results sheet but you might have needed a very low mark to actually get 55/100.

Anyway,resit of science ISA today-just found out yesterday!!!My old teacher looked positive yesterday that I could be entered in for Further Maths GCSE in Year11 and if I do then I will have 17 GCSEs.

woow well done, but you have a lot of GCSEs and you really don't need more.
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Going to parents evening in a minute.

Oh God the awkwardness. :colondollar:

It's either really bad and a teacher will be negative, and I'll go red.
Or the teacher will be really positive, I'll feel uncomfortable, and go red anyway.

I'm going to parents evening on Tuesday(a week today) and generally get positive comments but often get bad comments for handwriting-my handwriting is terrible:colondollar:
My teachers might not bring the handwriting up much this year because I've proven them wrong because the examiners must have been able to read my exams for me to get any grade.Also,I have found out that there is an inset day at my primary school,where I'm going for work experience,should be interesting.
Original post by jennifer.tariah
woow well done, but you have a lot of GCSEs and you really don't need more.

I want more than one maths GCSE though and thats my problem but the Further Maths GCSE Practise Paper did seem tough:colondollar:
Reply 2507
Original post by 1D - Belieber
lol lucky you :wink: what exam is it?

My Portuguese listening which should be a walk in the park for me as I lived there :wink:

Please son't believe that this troll will actually have 17 GCSEs if he has Further Maths. At the moment he tells everyone that he has 16 GCSEs when he actually only has 9/10 and then 2 BTECs which he classes as GCSE since they are labelled as 'GCSE equivalent' though no respectable university nor any sixth form/ college will count them as GCSEs. Even Oxford University admitted they do not consider Level 2 BTECs, however they do allow Level 3 BTECs which for certian degrees they look at quite highly.

So to summarise, he will have 9/10 GCSEs. He really isn't doing loads, 8-10 is about average; so he is so spot on!
I want more than one maths GCSE though and thats my problem but the Further Maths GCSE Practise Paper did seem tough:colondollar:

Please don't act like your really knowledgeable on maths.

You though complex/imaginary numbers were called fake numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

And btw 310 doesn't mean 3*10. You can't just make these things up. However, 3.10 in higher mathematics sometimes used by knowledgeable A-Level students and myself to show 3*10.
Original post by GreenLantern1

And btw 310 doesn't mean 3*10. You can't just make these things up. However, 3.10 in higher mathematics sometimes used by knowledgeable A-Level students and myself to show 3*10.

It's not really 3.10, it's 3 · 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpunct#In_mathematics_and_science
Original post by Mr.Nor

Lol I had my GCSE Chemistry B2 exam on my birthday last year and I have my GCSE Economics A593 exam on my birthday this year :tongue: So you're not alone :biggrin:

But I bet I will have A-Level exams on my birthday too for the next two years :frown:

Its not three hundred and ten its three and ten touching and it could equal 310-it is a possibility but it is just my new a-level mathematics syllabus.BTECS and OCR Nationals are Equivalent to GCSEs as shown by my link.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1627099&p=31251609#post31251609
(edited 11 years ago)

When I say 3.10 on here I clearly mean that from the meaning of the statement, otherwise it would be extremely confusing with decimal points!!!

Couldn't be bothered to do that middle dot as I don't know how to do it and wasn't worth wasting my time on finding out how to do it just for Dalek!
Its not three hundred and ten its three and ten touching and it could equal 310-it is a possibility but it is just my new a-level mathematics syllabus.

Lol your own A-Level maths syllabus? So you basically made up some of your own mathematic rules which aren't necessarily true :tongue:
Its not three hundred and ten its three and ten touching and it could equal 310-it is a possibility but it is just my new a-level mathematics syllabus.BTECS and OCR Nationals are Equivalent to GCSEs as shown by my link.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.phpt=1627099&p=31251609#post31251609

Just..... WTF!!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.phpt=1627099&p=31251609#post31251609

"We are sorry, but the page you are trying to view does not appear to exist."

Excellent proof I must say. But this must be a new mathematical Proof by Induction from his new mathematics syllabus!

Excellent proof I must say. But this must be a new mathematical Proof by Induction from his new mathematics syllabus!

:rofl:

Link Corrected:colondollar:
Link Corrected:colondollar:

That is Step 1.

Now for Step 2 correct your mathematics.

And Step 3 correct your personality

...and then you are on our way to becoming a decent human being

:biggrin:

Latest