The Student Room Group

AQA Business Unit 4 - Mergers & Takeover.

Hi All!

This is for everyone that is sitting BUSS4 in June'12. As you all may or may not know, we need to have a vast amount of knowledge regarding mergers and takeovers. I thought it would be a good idea to open this thread, so that we can all discuss mergers/takeovers, and share information. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by iLoveApple
Here's a great link on mergers/takeovers:

http://www.revisionstation.co.uk/buss4-takeovers-and-mergers(2642075).htm

Basically answers all of the questions on the pre-release.

You've basically got me an A with this link. Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hiya,
My teacher has predicted what questions she thinks are gonna come up... and she is pretty good at it as she did it with buss3 and the exact questions came up haha...

Either...

A question on Government intervention (should/ shouldn't intervene?)
A question on stakeholders (Positive outcomes for stakeholders/ most important stakeholder etc...)
A question on the most important factor that determines success! (Is cost savings the most important? Is stakeholder reaction the most important? Is due diligence?)

We've done practice essays on loads of q's so hoping one comes up!!
Original post by hannahlw21
Hiya,
My teacher has predicted what questions she thinks are gonna come up... and she is pretty good at it as she did it with buss3 and the exact questions came up haha...

Either...

A question on Government intervention (should/ shouldn't intervene?)
A question on stakeholders (Positive outcomes for stakeholders/ most important stakeholder etc...)
A question on the most important factor that determines success! (Is cost savings the most important? Is stakeholder reaction the most important? Is due diligence?)

We've done practice essays on loads of q's so hoping one comes up!!

Is anyone in your class resitting the unit 3 paper, got a resit in a week need to know what people believe may come up on the paper.
Original post by Theturnbull9
Is anyone in your class resitting the unit 3 paper, got a resit in a week need to know what people believe may come up on the paper.

I am doing Unit 3 next week too, no idea what is going to come up it seems so unpredictable! Also find it hard to revise for this exam because so much relys on the case study your given in the exam! Any tips!?
Original post by smellycat123
I am doing Unit 3 next week too, no idea what is going to come up it seems so unpredictable! Also find it hard to revise for this exam because so much relys on the case study your given in the exam! Any tips!?

Almost certainly a 10 marker on some form of financial calculation so remember to revise NPV, ARR and Payback Period. :smile:
Reply 6
Begging for motives or factors affecting success. I only need 60% on this paper to get an A though so i'm not too worried yet.
Reply 7
Original post by swbp
Begging for motives or factors affecting success. I only need 60% on this paper to get an A though so i'm not too worried yet.

Would like a motives question too. I need 77 ums to get an A. :frown:.
What business's have people researched? I have one for each bullet point but keep on getting them mixed up and so I want to only know 3 really well that cover all 6... HELP!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending