The Student Room Group

Can student nurses work part-time?

I currently have a place to study Mental Health Nursing this Sept (yay!), and obviously just slightly worried about money issues. I will be living at home which will save me a ton of money, but every penny I have will go towards running my car. I know nursing is tough and highly demanding, but I feel like I will need a part-time job just as extra security, but I've read conflicting things about some people saying you can work a part-time job, and then other people saying it would be impossible? Just looking for a bit of advice from any student nurses out there, or any future ones like me who are thinking the same thing!
Reply 1
yeah theres nothing stopping you and a lot of student nurses do. It can become difficult to balance it with uni work and placement. Most universities discourage it, as you are working full time on placement but they know students have to work to survive.
Reply 2
I'm thinking the same thing too! I'm going to be doing LD nursing, and i'm going to be running a car and living in hospital accommodation (£50 a week). I don't want to work aswell though, I want to concentrate on the course :frown: and it would be annoying because we would have to change the work pattern all the time because of placement right?
Reply 3
I'll be working at the same time just to keep my foot in x

Quick Reply

Latest