The Student Room Group
Sounds kind of like the bottom of my back when I've got the nerve trapped...

Go and see a doctor. You're not so busy with exam revision that you can't spare half an hour, I'm sure.
Reply 2
Could be a whole range of things.

How severe is the pain?
How often do you have the pain?
Where exactly is it? For example, toward the top of the shoulder blade or right down on the bottom edge of the shoulder blade.
Reply 3
Original post by Elwyn
Could be a whole range of things.

How severe is the pain?
How often do you have the pain?
Where exactly is it? For example, toward the top of the shoulder blade or right down on the bottom edge of the shoulder blade.

It's not really painful, just irritating. It just feels tingly. It comes and goes at random points in the day. I'd say it's more toward the bottom of the shoulder blade.
Reply 4
Original post by Onion man
It's not really painful, just irritating. It just feels tingly. It comes and goes at random points in the day. I'd say it's more toward the bottom of the shoulder blade.

It's unlikely to be anything serious, as said above probably either a trapped nerve or musculoskeletal issue. But if you are concerned or the pain gets worse or more frequent you may want to consider an appointment with your GP.
Reply 5
Original post by Elwyn
It's unlikely to be anything serious, as said above probably either a trapped nerve or musculoskeletal issue. But if you are concerned or the pain gets worse or more frequent you may want to consider an appointment with your GP.

Will this go away on its own?
Oh, I got that all the time! It feels like you've pins and needles in your back, yeah? It was a trapped nerve in my case, GP sorted it out. :smile:
Reply 7
Will this go away on its own?

It's hard to say. If it is as a result of straining the scapula or something like that then it probably will over time. If it is something a little more complicated then maybe not.

If you find you can't live with it as it is at the moment go see your GP when you can.
Reply 8
Original post by Elwyn
It's hard to say. If it is as a result of straining the scapula or something like that then it probably will over time. If it is something a little more complicated then maybe not.

If you find you can't live with it as it is at the moment go see your GP when you can.

Actually, I just remembered I was lifting some heavy boxes last week to help my parents move some things. And this definitely began afterwards, could this be the cause of whatever I'm experiencing?
Reply 9
Actually, I just remembered I was lifting some heavy boxes last week to help my parents move some things. And this definitely began afterwards, could this be the cause of whatever I'm experiencing?

Most probably. In that case it's most likely a muscular problem. Are you having any trouble with movement of the arm? Can you raise and lower it? Can you push and pull things? All without the pain getting worse?

If the answer to those questions is yes, give it a week or so. If it's still the same go see a doctor.
Reply 10
Original post by Elwyn
Most probably. In that case it's most likely a muscular problem. Are you having any trouble with movement of the arm? Can you raise and lower it? Can you push and pull things? All without the pain getting worse?

If the answer to those questions is yes, give it a week or so. If it's still the same go see a doctor.

I don't have trouble moving my arm and I can raise and lower it and push and pull things. However, when I do these things the feeling seems to be slightly more intense.
Reply 11
I don't have trouble moving my arm and I can raise and lower it and push and pull things. However, when I do these things the feeling seems to be slightly more intense.

Then it's nothing too serious. Give it a week, don't do any more heavy lifting, if it's the same see a doctor.
I recently had that exact problem. I went to see a physio, who gave me some exercises to do and the problem has completely gone. Go and see somebody, then stop worrying. It is nothing serious. Something to do with my shoulder blade being in the wrong position - very easily fixed. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
I recently had that exact problem. I went to see a physio, who gave me some exercises to do and the problem has completely gone. Go and see somebody, then stop worrying. It is nothing serious. Something to do with my shoulder blade being in the wrong position - very easily fixed. :smile:

Ah, well that makes me feel less worried. :smile:

Also, I know this is kinda off-topic. But how do you pronounce your username? xD
Ah, well that makes me feel less worried. :smile:

Also, I know this is kinda off-topic. But how do you pronounce your username? xD

Am-ore-anjerd-jerriug :biggrin: glad I could help with the shoulder problem by the way :smile:
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug

Hello my name is Anthony. Can u please list the exercises ur doc had u doing? In detail please. Thanks

Hello my name is Anthony. Can u please list the exercises ur doc had u doing? In detail please. Thanks

Latest