The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core Science + Maths modular results 19th April 2012

I'm getting my results tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had the grade boundaries for the B1B, C1B and P1B Core Science Edexcel, as well as for the Maths Edexcel modular? Thanks in advance!
Mark boundaries are almost pretty much the same for Edexcel multiple choice, [Out of 24 - the actual paper mark. But marks are given out of 40] (21 +/-1) A*, (18 +/-1) A, (16 +/-1) B, (14 +/-1) C. Don't think we need to go lower. It depends on how 'hard' the test is. You will have done fine. I was always surprised with C1, B1 and P1 marks.

And Maths, On the results sheet it is 108/120 A*, 96/120 A. I don't know the others, and I also don't know the actual paper marks. They're probably halved as they're out of 60, but don't count me on it. I think it might depend on the percentage of marks you gained.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Good lcuk on your results tomorrow! I find out my maths results tomorrow aswel...
Module 2 retake for maths
and then I also did the linear paper
Do you happen to know the mark scheme for the linear paper?
I'm sure it's out of 200 with both the papers combined..
Reply 3
I mean grade boundaries, sorry. Not mark scheme.
Reply 4
I did edexcel unit 2 maths and the grade boundaries are:
A*-52
A-44
B-33
C-22
D-15
E-11
The link for all the exam grade boundaries on edexcel:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1203%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries.pdf

Personally hoping for an A, but I won't get my results back until Monday, because I broke up for Easter a week later than most other schools.
Reply 5
Thanks so much for quick responses guys! I think I did pretty well on maths unit 2 though, hoping for A at least but I think I still did some stupid minor mistakes in there. As for the probability one, that was a killer. If I get a B i'll be over the moon.
Reply 6
I just love how low the grade boundaries are for march exams. It just brightened up my night :biggrin:
Reply 7
got an a in core science chem:smile: feeling so good considering i didn't revise
Reply 8
I got A* in Chem core Science, A* in Biology and a D in Physics! Need to retake that D to get A* overall in science. Also I got an A and B in maths :wink: Well pleased! What did you all get?!
Reply 9
A* in b1a =d 40/40 :d
I got 40 in both Chemistry additional papers, and 40 in both additional Physics papers. Quite pleased....
Reply 11
Original post by American Vampire
I got 40 in both Chemistry additional papers, and 40 in both additional Physics papers. Quite pleased....

So you should be! Well done :smile: I have my additional science exams on the 30th of May.
Original post by Memphis93
So you should be! Well done :smile: I have my additional science exams on the 30th of May.

Thanks! Additional exams in all 3? That's a lot to learn....
Reply 13
Original post by American Vampire
Thanks! Additional exams in all 3? That's a lot to learn....

Yes, all 3 of them, and on the June 12th I have multiple choice Additional Science exams as well. But I'm, getting there :smile: I love Science.
Reply 14
Got A* in Chem (C1b - 38/40) and B in B1a (30/40) :frown:
Original post by Memphis93
Yes, all 3 of them, and on the June 12th I have multiple choice Additional Science exams as well. But I'm, getting there :smile: I love Science.

Me too:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest