The Student Room Group

Circumcision

Really, why would you even do this? I mean where did this idea of when a baby is born somebody should lop off its foreskin. It makes absolutely no ****ing sense. Why not remove their toenails, that is a painful procedure that gets rid of something that is not strictly necessary.

Anyway, here is a very funny critique of one of mankinds most needless medical procedures. (When I watched this and saw the actual circumcision I panicked and by accident hit pause, trying to get it off my screen.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't mind it really. Keep things tidy. Girlfriend likes it. And doesn't hurt/annoy/bother me in any way.

(Not saying I'm okay with it nor against it. Just saying that it's not such a travesty as people sometimes make of it)
(edited 11 years ago)
3:05 :afraid: why would you do that? the poor little basterd only just got the thing!

Jesus Christ! they have a table they strap the babies onto complete with a cock death clamp!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Darth Stewie
3:05 :afraid: why would you do that? the poor little basterd only just got the thing!

Jesus Christ! they have a table they strap the babies onto complete with a cock death clamp!!

That completely freaked me out as well. I always thought of it as an innocent procedure. However once you think about it, it is cutting off one of the most sensitive parts of a persons body, that is going to really ****ing hurt.
Well, while it isn't strictly necessary the bible claims that God told Abraham to do it to his son Isaac and Jews have done it as a religious ceremony ever since. A lot of Americans think it is a matter of hygiene although anyone who has grasped the concept of washing is more than capable of keeping their genitals clean.

I did see a show once about how a little boy had his whole penis burnt off during circumcision (not a clue what they were doing there). His parents were told to raise him as a girl and at the age of 15 when they told him he decided to live as man and was awaiting an operation to have his penis reconstructed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I don't understand how it is legal to mutilate a baby when they can't give consent except in circumstances where it is medically necessary.
Original post by Idle
I don't understand how it is legal to mutilate a baby when they can't give consent except in circumstances where it is medically necessary.

This is always what bugged me. Plus, you can't have sex until you're 16 and you can't get your skin decorated in the form of a tattoo until you're 18 but you can mutilate your own body with no consent required? It should be outlawed.
Reply 7
Original post by Classical Liberal
Really, why would you even do this? I mean where did this idea of when a baby is born somebody should lop off its foreskin. It makes absolutely no ****ing sense. Why not remove their toenails, that is a painful procedure that gets rid of something that is not strictly necessary.

Anyway, here is a very funny critique of one of mankinds most needless medical procedures. (When I watched this and saw the actual circumcision I panicked and by accident hit pause, trying to get it off my screen.

Sometimes, even at birth, it a medical necessity.
Ban it, ban it now. Sure, it's ok to be open to all religions and cultures but as a country we say no to ritual human sacrifice, and this should be another example of where we draw the line.
Original post by Kiss

Then it should be the NHS that performs it. Not some religious nut with no qualification...
[video="youtube;Xx_ov2NiNo4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_ov2NiNo4[/video]
Really, why would you even do this?

I last longer in bed so it is fine by me.
Reply 12
Original post by Kiss

Then do it in medical cases only. Not for religious rituals or just because the parents think its a good idea. Let the kid decide when they hit 16.
Sick bastards. Murder them all.
Reply 14
Not sure how I could feel whole without my foreskin :wink:
More shocking are the death statistics.

Here's a fact from a study into it:

"This study finds that approximately 117 neonatal circumcision-related deaths (9.01/100,000) occur annually in the United States, about 1.3% of male neonatal deaths from all causes."

Circumcision in the USA causes more deaths in young baby boys than death due to drowning!
Original post by tehFrance
I last longer in bed so it is fine by me.

Yeah, but you see us foreskin guys have a choice. We can put a condom on and it has the same effect. We can lower sensation to last longer, which is the deal you get, but you don't get a choice. :redface:
I don't see the problem? people that are uncircumcised complain that we get no choice and that it is wrong but quite frankly compared to having foreskin I reckon I prefer being circumcised.

If you had one, you would not be saying that. Or at least, you would not want to go through the ordeal of actually being circumcised. I feel slightly sick at the idea of a knife cutting off part of my penis.
If you had one, you would not be saying that. Or at least, you would not want to go through the ordeal of actually being circumcised. I feel slightly sick at the idea of a knife cutting off part of my penis.

I feel fine.
Reply 19
I don't see the problem? people that are uncircumcised complain that we get no choice and that it is wrong but quite frankly compared to having foreskin I reckon I prefer being circumcised.

Also I don't have to go through hoops to last longer.

I hate to point this out to you but thats from nerve damage.

Quick Reply

Latest