The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhh123
Doesn't matter about hand writing!.

Well to some extent. If the examiner can't read your writing then its harder for them to mark. I know what you mean..just being critical here :colondollar:
:cool:
Reply 81
Original post by y.yousef
Very true.But scribble..i find it difficult my brain works really slowly..and it takes me time to select the correct words and put it down..and put it in a sturcutural way..(its just how i roll)...but i guess i need to keep practicing?

how many pages can you writie in 30 mins?

Yeah that's kind of how I work too. So learning the content and essays is your best option. Make a listof every possible essay that can come up and learn it, there aren't actually that many! I can write about two pages. Although do struggle myself! I have been cutting the content of essays down too so it's easier for me. I've started only using two supporting studies instead of three.
Reply 82
in 30 min you need to try get out about 4 pages of quality material-its what I did.
it really is about quality though which is more important but I find it difficult to write without expanding points I'm making and fully explaining them which I think gets you better marks than making concise points.

its hard to know but I finished all the booklet and could have kept going but its about quality too. all my stuff was memorized and quality tho I think, hence the 100ums
Original post by Mephestic
in 30 min you need to try get out about 4 pages of quality material-its what I did.
it really is about quality though which is more important but I find it difficult to write without expanding points I'm making and fully explaining them which I think gets you better marks than making concise points.

its hard to know but I finished all the booklet and could have kept going but its about quality too. all my stuff was memorized and quality tho I think, hence the 100ums

Wrong.
only need two pages. for each question.
6 paragraphs.
Reply 84
I only wrote about 1.5-2 pages per essay. But my handwriting is smaller, still got a decent score. :biggrin:
Reply 85
edit, read below- Damm phone lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Wrong.
only need two pages. for each question.
6 paragraphs.

I did say if you actually read the post it depends on quality and ability to be concise which in exam conditions isn't always possible due to nerves.
generally however I said I tried to make sure I put 4 pages of quality to make sure I maximized my chances of full marks-which I did get so I imagine I know what I'm talking about.
care to share what you got for this paper? :rolleyes:
I did say if you actually read the post it depends on quality and ability to be concise which in exam conditions isn't always possible due to nerves.
generally however I said I tried to make sure I put 4 pages of quality to make sure I maximized my chances of full marks-which I did get so I imagine I know what I'm talking about.
care to share what you got for this paper? :rolleyes:

Woah clam down mate, no need to get all spicy with me like a vindaloo.
I'm just saying init, take my advice if you want, i'm helping you out man.
This is how you set it up m8.

1.firs theory
2. second theory

3. stduy to support firs threory<strenth and weekness
4. study to support 2nd theory<-strenth and weeakness

5. strenth and weeakness of the firs ttheory
6.strenght and weakness of second theory...
Reply 88
Woah clam down mate, no need to get all spicy with me like a vindaloo.
I'm just saying init, take my advice if you want, i'm helping you out man.
This is how you set it up m8.

1.firs theory
2. second theory

3. stduy to support firs threory<strenth and weekness
4. study to support 2nd theory<-strenth and weeakness

5. strenth and weeakness of the firs ttheory
6.strenght and weakness of second theory...

well sorry I didn't mean it rudely, I was just trying to point out I did emphasise quality a few times in my post.
simply writing "wrong" etc I think was a bit inconsiderate I thought, considering I too was just trying to give a bit of advice on how I managed to do the exam (with no teachers help)
you could just as easily get top marks with two pages worth I'm sure but every point needs to be spot on and as marking is subjective with examiners sometimes I was trying to highlight that its best to put more than less really.

apologies if I seemed rude
well sorry I didn't mean it rudely, I was just trying to point out I did emphasise quality a few times in my post.
simply writing "wrong" etc I think was a bit inconsiderate I thought, considering I too was just trying to give a bit of advice on how I managed to do the exam (with no teachers help)
you could just as easily get top marks with two pages worth I'm sure but every point needs to be spot on and as marking is subjective with examiners sometimes I was trying to highlight that its best to put more than less really.

apologies if I seemed rude

Same here mate, i learnt it all on my own.
My teacher was horrific, i used to go homke every single time, and do everything myself...
and m8 i dont' look at what kind of words i use 'wrong'..im just saying init, being precise and that.

btw do you do media..if soo..do you get that constancy theory :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Same here mate, i learnt it all on my own.
My teacher was horrific, i used to go homke every single time, and do everything myself...
and m8 i dont' look at what kind of words i use 'wrong'..im just saying init, being precise and that.

btw do you do media..if soo..do you get that constancy theory :s-smilie:

what section is constancy theory! never heard of it mate! :confused::eek:
what section is constancy theory! never heard of it mate! :confused::eek:

It's this

Influence of attitudes on decision-making> Cognitive consistency>cognitive dissonance theory
Reply 92
It's this

Influence of attitudes on decision-making> Cognitive consistency>cognitive dissonance theory

that's been taken out the spec! you don't need to know that section :biggrin:

check aqa web site should be on there about spec changes! was changed to remove that section entirely. il upload the spec change sheet when I get home -at work right now
that's been taken out the spec! you don't need to know that section :biggrin:

check aqa web site should be on there about spec changes! was changed to remove that section entirely. il upload the spec change sheet when I get home -at work right now

omg dont lie!?!!!!! ik'm so angryyy a!!!!!!! i just spend ages revising that son of bitch bastered, parft of s section not understanding anything...ARRRR:angry:

thanks for telling me mate, nuff luv. :yy:
Has anyone got any predictions for sleep/relationships/gender? :-)
Original post by misslaura_bee
Has anyone got any predictions for sleep/relationships/gender? :-)

dont predict..thats wat i did in the last exam...and only 1 out 3 came up of the predicted..

just revise everything.
Reply 96
Hi

I've been trying to revise for this exam and i've written out all my notes etc. so I am beginning to start practicing essays.

The only thing is that I only have access to those that are in past papers and so I don't know the full extent to the questions that could be asked..

Has anyone been given a list of possible exam questions for:
Biological Rhythms and Sleep
Eating Behaviour
Gender?

It would be much appreciated because I have no idea about what other questions might be asked that haven't already

Thanks

Helen xx
Reply 97
Hellooooo,
I'll be sitting PSYA3 and PSYA4 in Summer. I'm predicted an A but I'm struggling to remember all the different studies this year - there's simply so much content. I got A in both exams last year too.

We're doing Relationships, Biological Rhythms & Sleep, and Aggression. So yeah, I might aswell join in with the discussion! :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by helen121
Hi

I've been trying to revise for this exam and i've written out all my notes etc. so I am beginning to start practicing essays.

The only thing is that I only have access to those that are in past papers and so I don't know the full extent to the questions that could be asked..

Eating Behaviour
Gender?

It would be much appreciated because I have no idea about what other questions might be asked that haven't already

Thanks

Helen xx

the only questions that can be asked are in the spec. if you take a look at that from aqa website it will highlight all the areas they can ask.

I sat this paper last January.

my prediction for the sleep question will be on circadian rhythms, sleep disorders or lifespan changes in sleep.

you heard it here first :biggrin:

relationships il likely to be sexual selection or maintenance of relationships.

aggression is possibly genes and aggression ...this one is harder to predict.

will be interesting to see if I'm right,
:biggrin:
Original post by helen121
Hi

Eating Behaviour
Gender?

Thanks

Helen xx

Ok. For Gender:

Outline and evaluate Kohlberg's theory of gender development.
Outline and evaluate Gender Schema theory.
Outline and evaluate one or more psychological explanations of gender development. (combines the two above)
Outline and evaluate the role of hormones and genes in gender development.
Outline and evaluate evolutionary explanations of gender.
Outline and evaluate the biosocial approach to gender development including a reference to gender dysphoria.
Outline and evaluate one or more biological explanations of gender. (combines the 3 above)
Outline and evaluate social influences on gender. (social influences cam up in Jan though so are unlikely to come up)
Outline and evaluate cultural influences on gender.

All 24 marks. Obviously this is not every question possible for gender as they could split them up or ask for 'studies into... theory of gender development' or 'to what extent is... a satisfactory explanation of gender development'. These will be enough for you to be getting on with for now though!

Quick Reply