The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9400
Original post by jam277
I think you would have noticed that we've been good when it said we have 9 wins in 12 games and when we thrashed tottenham.

What do u think about this stat :colone::

In 30 games at the Nou Camp this season, Barcelona have won 27, drawn three, scored 104 and conceded 16.
Original post by gunit123
What do u think about this stat :colone::

In 30 games at the Nou Camp this season, Barcelona have won 27, drawn three, scored 104 and conceded 16.

Haha. well, it could be in 32 games at the Nou camp, barca have won 27, drawn three, scored 104, conceded 18 and lost 2. :colone:

Original post by De Chirico
Yes but stats aside only in the last two games have you stopped riding your luck and defending like ****.

I don't know what match you were watching today, but i'm pretty sure we did the same thing. We even parked the bus against tottenham. It gets to a point that we're not lucky and we've just been effective at doing what we do best.
Original post by jam277
Haha. well, it could be in 32 games at the Nou camp, barca have won 27, drawn three, scored 104, conceded 18 and lost 2. :colone:

I don't know what match you were watching today, but i'm pretty sure we did the same thing. We even parked the bus against tottenham.

I meant until recently your defence looked like ****.
Original post by De Chirico
I meant until recently your defence looked like ****.

In the wigan match and the fulham match yes, but in all the other matches we defended properly, even against city.
Original post by jam277
In the wigan match and the fulham match yes, but in all the other matches we defended properly, even against city.

Fair enough. Anyway well played today, especially keeping a clean sheet. Was glad Biscuits was the player who skied it right at the end, couldn't have happened to a bigger **** :hahaha:
You guys must be feeling a bit more confident after last night? Means Chelsea are still in the 2nd leg and will field a full strength team next week. They fielded a pretty strong team against Spurs too. Either they carry on with a winning formula (in which case those players should be a tad more tired than the Arsenal players) or they rotate and you've got a few weaker players to face.

Just need to play a high tempo game and get an early goal and you'll smash them imo.
Does anyone follow @Arsenes_eyes on Twitter? Some funny stuff on there:

"Worried about facing Chelsea with a rested Didier Drogba on Saturday. I saw him on TV lying down for a nap at 8pm last night."

:lol:
Original post by Zerforax
You guys must be feeling a bit more confident after last night? Means Chelsea are still in the 2nd leg and will field a full strength team next week. They fielded a pretty strong team against Spurs too. Either they carry on with a winning formula (in which case those players should be a tad more tired than the Arsenal players) or they rotate and you've got a few weaker players to face.

Just need to play a high tempo game and get an early goal and you'll smash them imo.

Got a bad feeling, that is all.

:erm:
Forbes have today announced that Arsenal ($1.29 billion) have been rated the 4th richest football club in the world. Only behind Manchester United ($2.24 billion), Real Madrid ($1.88 billion) and Barcelona($1.31 billion).

They have also rated Alisher Usamanov (Arsenal shareholder) as the richest businessman in Russia (worth $18 billion).

Who we gonna buy this summer? Kalou on a free :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Forbes have today announced that Arsenal ($1.29 billion) have been rated the 4th richest football club in the world. Only behind Manchester United ($2.24 billion), Real Madrid ($1.88 billion) and Barcelona($1.31 billion).

They have also rated Alisher Usamanov (Arsenal shareholder) as the richest businessman in Russia (worth $18 billion).

Who we gonna buy this summer? Kalou on a free :awesome:

The thing is, if you spent like any of the three above you, Arsenal wouldn't be the 4th richest club.

Still significantly behind in terms of revenue/income generated.

Man Utd's comes from sustained success and making all the right moves at the right times (in terms of commercial decisions).

The Spanish teams mainly due to the insane tv deals they get, which in turn continues to give them both success along with their history/projects.
The thing is, if you spent like any of the three above you, Arsenal wouldn't be the 4th richest club.

Man Utd's comes from sustained success and making all the right moves at the right times (in terms of commercial decisions).

The Spanish teams mainly due to the insane tv deals they get, which in turn continues to give them both success along with their history/projects.

I'm not asking us to spend like them. Frankly I don't want us to as we'd lose our uniqueness in terms of philosophy. However, I wouldn't mind it if we invested occasionally.

Yup, revenue is lower but it should be on the rise because of the larger stadium and sustained European appearances.

Arsenal are due renewals and stuff on sponsorship deals so I could see us bagging a bit more money.
Reply 9411
Random Bergkamp droolfest! :woo:

All 120 goals:

All 116 assists:

:adore:

That's a lie. If we spent as much as utd, barca and real we would be competing in the PL and CL. We also wouldn't be on a trophy drought. Income would then make it self.

:rofl2:

I know, I know, the season isn't over yet but to have sold 3 of our starting XI and have another out for a whole season and still do better than before is an achievement :colonhash:
Original post by jilebinator
That's a lie. If we spent as much as utd, barca and real we would be competing in the PL and CL. We also wouldn't be on a trophy drought. Income would then make it self.

Disagree, even when Arsenal were successful in recent years (early 2000s) they still didn't make as much money as say Man Utd did.

You get some glory hunters and more fans out of the wood work along with people spending more/going to more games etc but unless you have a sustained period (like 10-20 years), the loyalty doesn't stick deep enough to make it worth while.

Likewise Utd's global reach is far greater than Arsenal's, and even under Arsenal's successful period.

Spending --> success --> income - does not necessarily relate
Sustained success --> income (if these resources are tapped into and made the most out of)
Apparently Diaby won't be playing on Saturday as he's 'short of full fitness'. With Arteta out and Benayoun ineligible, I don't have a good feeling about this weekend, although we always seem to be able to pull it off against the bigger teams.
Arteta out for the season. RVP's goals have dried up. Another crumble on its way? It would be incredible if Arsenal finished outside the top 4 this season.
Just out of interest, why has a Fulham supporter started our clubs thread?
Reply 9418
Disagree, even when Arsenal were successful in recent years (early 2000s) they still didn't make as much money as say Man Utd did.

our ground was half the size of theirs though. at the end of the day the club has the resources to win trophies it just don't use them not to mention usmanov who offered to pay for Gotze
Original post by Glow in the dark
Just out of interest, why has a Fulham supporter started our clubs thread?

He/She doesn't like to admit it but he/she supports Arsenal.