The Student Room Group

do universities care if you resat papers in IGCSE??

Iam going to do my Igcses (cambridge board) this may. but i did my maths a year earlier where i got a B i was supposed to get an A. i then resat it and got an A. do universities even care about igcses and if so will they care about my resit even though i did it one year earlier??
from what i know, they dont really care about your igcses. they have a much larger emphasis on your A-levels/ AS and predicted grades.
Reply 2
Original post by MarshmallowBob
from what i know, they dont really care about your igcses. they have a much larger emphasis on your A-levels/ AS and predicted grades.

Some universities (which tend to be very competitive), will look at your GCSE's and take them into consideration (albeit not as much as A-levels as you quite correctly said).

Take Medicine at Birmingham or Oxbridge as an example. :smile:

They'll likely look at the final grades, but I doubt they'd look at whether you resat in the first place, let alone mark you down on it.
Original post by c3ntury
Some universities (which tend to be very competitive), will look at your GCSE's and take them into consideration (albeit not as much as A-levels as you quite correctly said).

Take Medicine at Birmingham or Oxbridge as an example. :smile:

They'll likely look at the final grades, but I doubt they'd look at whether you resat in the first place, let alone mark you down on it.

Medicine is a very competitive course, and sometimes even if you have amazing grades and a killer personal statement, you dont even get called for an interview. But anyway, point well made.
I wouldnt worry too much about your IGCSE marks, and rather focus on the task at hand; A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest