The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ketchup!
Does anyone know where to find essay examples that are A* standard?
Or if anyone has any essays they wouldn't mind sending to me?

Thank you very much.

The things I'm studying are
Lord of the Flies
Of Mice and Men
Carol Ann Dufffy
An Inspector Calls

Hi, I'm in my AS year now but I got A*s for English last year, and of those I studied LOTF and Duffy for my exam and Inspector for my coursework.
I did most of the lotf stuff by hand but I still have some things on my computer so I can send you them if you want? I'm not sure exactly what grade they would have got but probably around the A* mark.
I don't have any essays for Duffy but I do have notes, would you like them too?
If you're doing Inspector as an exam it won't be very helpful but I got full marks for my coursework so if it's relevant I could send you that.
Reply 2
Original post by Florence321
Hi, I'm in my AS year now but I got A*s for English last year, and of those I studied LOTF and Duffy for my exam and Inspector for my coursework.
I did most of the lotf stuff by hand but I still have some things on my computer so I can send you them if you want? I'm not sure exactly what grade they would have got but probably around the A* mark.
I don't have any essays for Duffy but I do have notes, would you like them too?
If you're doing Inspector as an exam it won't be very helpful but I got full marks for my coursework so if it's relevant I could send you that.

Yes please, that would be very helpful :smile:
I don't mind if they're handwritten - I'd be grateful for whatever an A* student sent me :biggrin:
Yes please, that would be very helpful :smile:
I don't mind if they're handwritten - I'd be grateful for whatever an A* student sent me :biggrin:

I've private messaged you the essays :smile: Sorry, I can't send you any of the handwritten ones as our scanner doesn't work :/ Hopefully the ones I've sent will be useful though :smile:

I remember that for my revision for LOTF I did essay plans for possible questions - your teacher might've told you what hasn't come up yet and is likely to so definitely do a few plans around those ones (and maybe the older ones if they have to start repeating questions by this point). One of the plans that I'd made ended up coming up in one of the questions so I already had a good idea of how to structure my essay and what was important to say/important quotes!
Reply 4
I've private messaged you the essays :smile: Sorry, I can't send you any of the handwritten ones as our scanner doesn't work :/ Hopefully the ones I've sent will be useful though :smile:

I remember that for my revision for LOTF I did essay plans for possible questions - your teacher might've told you what hasn't come up yet and is likely to so definitely do a few plans around those ones (and maybe the older ones if they have to start repeating questions by this point). One of the plans that I'd made ended up coming up in one of the questions so I already had a good idea of how to structure my essay and what was important to say/important quotes!

Do you mind sending me the LOTF essays too please? :biggrin:
Original post by jLou711
Do you mind sending me the LOTF essays too please? :biggrin:

Ok :smile:
Reply 6

Thank you so much, they were really helpful :smile:
+rep
+rep

No problem! Glad to help :smile:

plz if u dont mind plz send me the essays as well, i would be really gratefull to u and it could really help my grade in english lang and lit.
Thanks in Advance.
Original post by trentjoseph007
plz if u dont mind plz send me the essays as well, i would be really gratefull to u and it could really help my grade in english lang and lit.
Thanks in Advance.

Hey, would you mind asking one of the people I've sent them to above as I have a horrendous number of documents on my computer and I can't be bothered to find them all again :tongue:
Let them know it's fine with me, they should be able to forward my message to you from their inbox :smile:
Haha, well I've got my certificates so I don't really mind :P
+rep

can u plz forward that work from ur inbox... it would really help me pull up my grade in english :smile: thank you
Haha, well I've got my certificates so I don't really mind :P

others dont really seem to respond ...........can u plz try...:confused:
i got an exam next week....
(edited 11 years ago)
done, managed to find a way to do it quickly :smile: not sure what you're studying so just sent everything, hopefully the exam hasn't changed too much.
done, managed to find a way to do it quickly :smile: not sure what you're studying so just sent everything, hopefully the exam hasn't changed too much.

u are the bestt:smile: i so wish i can get ab A* like u
thanks for the help again..
Reply 15
you wouldn't mind sending me them as well..?

I desperately want to get a good grade for my English exam this year! :h:
Original post by zedaa
you wouldn't mind sending me them as well..?

I desperately want to get a good grade for my English exam this year! :h:

Which texts are you studying? :smile:
Reply 17
Carol Ann Duffy..

would you mind sending all of them though?
I really really want to see how an A* essay looks like in comparison to the lower grade essays and what type of things I need to improve on..

Thanks in Advance!:tongue:
Could anyone possibly forward those documents to me? I'm studying the same texts, so they'll be quite convenient for me. Thanks
Which texts are you studying? :smile:

Okay... i know this maybe getting a bit annoying... but would it possible for you to send me the essays as well, please?
I'm studying Of Mice and Men and An Inspectors Calls... and my exam is next week....please?
Thanks In Advance!
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending