The Student Room Group

Switching course next year? (Actuarial to Economics)

Hi, I'm a few weeks from my finals studying Actuarial Science in first year. I've decided I don't want to go down the path of studying actuarial at uni and want to change to economics. The uni is offering me an internal transfer to the economics course.

The issue lies in that I'll have to start as a first year in economics (despite the fact I could handle the 2nd year content with ease :mad: ) and the uni I'm studying at seems to be way down the rankings in economics (entrance is ABB).

I know I'm far too late to apply for places elsewhere with UCAS etc, where an economics degree would be worth more :frown:

Any advice on this situation in general?
Reply 1
which uni is it, what were your a level grades, you could apply to a better university if you have higher grades.
Reply 2
TGP
OP
Queen's Belfast. My a level grades where A*AAA in economics, maths, physics and english lit
Reply 3
You could do much better in terms of university for Economics, but it's a bit late in the application stage now. Maybe take a year out and re-apply in the new cycle?
Reply 4
Original post by TGP
Queen's Belfast. My a level grades where A*AAA in economics, maths, physics and english lit

Can I ask why you don't want to go down the actuarial route? Is it because of the course at Queen's or just a preference?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending