The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Koscielny really deserves a place in the France squad now. He's better than Mexes, though probably not Rami (close though!)
Original post by jam277
Do you reckon that if RVP has a season like this again he would surpass the likes of henry and bergkamp or it wouldn't be enough?

My personal opinion? Thierry Henry has more goals, has won titles win Arsenal, a memorable double and was integral to that legendary Invincibles.

Not only does he have to have at least two more seasons like the one he's having but he has to bring silverware to the table. Unfortunately for him, the supporting class isn't as great as the likes of Viera, Bergkamp, Pires et al..
Original post by marcusmerehay
Koscielny really deserves a place in the France squad now. He's better than Mexes, though probably not Rami (close though!)

If we're going by merit, then Koscielny's probably better than Rami. In my opinion, anyway.

Doubt he'll be picked though. I don't think he's played more than one match for them.
Koscielny has played in a friendly vs the USA.

Odd to think that out of Koscielny, Cabaye and Ben Arfa, two of them are likely to miss out. Insane.
Original post by In2deep
My personal opinion? Thierry Henry has more goals, has won titles win Arsenal, a memorable double and was integral to that legendary Invincibles.

Not only does he have to have at least two more seasons like the one he's having but he has to bring silverware to the table. Unfortunately for him, the supporting class isn't as great as the likes of Viera, Bergkamp, Pires et al..

Yeah, true, although if RVP fires you to a title with your team now with another 30 goal season, I would say that's more than enough to be considered as good as them. Henry and bergkamp had an easier job.
I think that had you got the players you have now and kept that players you had last season, you would be challenging for the title, you had the best midfield by far last season. Fab and nasri beat modric and bale any day. With the old rosicky back to his best and arteta/ramsey and others filling in as squad players/first team.
Looks like we peaked just a bit too soon, now we're going to have to limp our way to a CL place, and thats if all goes well and we don't end up totally tanking the rest of our remaining games.
It's a shame about Walcott, it looks like Gerv and Ox will have to step up, Diaby to replace Arteta or to replace Ramsey. I reckon Rosicky and Benayoun will be crucial if we are to win our remaining games. I don't really feel our squad is stretched but we would probably suffer if we were in more than one competition.
I was at work so I didn't get to watch the match... Fair result?
these arsenal players are dropping like flies, wtf is going on with the physio team?
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
I was at work so I didn't get to watch the match... Fair result?

Fair enough, but we could have won if we took our chances:smile:
Original post by Red Richie
these arsenal players are dropping like flies, wtf is going on with the physio team?

I've been asking this for a while now, it feels like (I don't have the stats to say either way though) that since we lost Gary Lewin our injuries have sky-rocketed.
Reply 9592
Seemed like he tried to play on through a tight hamstring and made it worse, in doing so ending his season. There's misfortune and then, if i'm right in my interpretaion, plain stupidity.
Reply 9593
Original post by jam277

Think everyone said that above wednesday too. I think it was more dani alves getting raped by ramires, giving it to the drog and him scuffing his shot and slotting it home with our one shot on target. Your former captain was quality that game too, you would have thought he was a chelsea player in disguise.

I almost forgot :awesome:

Your lucky barca didnt take their chances. Fab should have scored tbh.

Did u forget rvp spanking ur team at the bridge earlier this season? :biggrin:

Im sure john terry didnt forget it, he was basically on his knees asking for it for one of rvp's goals :ahee:
Reply 9594

Koscienly is our best defender. Vermalean provides more of an attack up front, but looking on pure defence Kosc wins.

Which is why I trust Wenger's judgement. He can make players amazing.

But I do think Mertesacker has played a big part in our defense, He has probably taught a lot of the players how to defend.
Reply 9596
Original post by implus

Someone needs to make a gif of that tackle.
Done.

Going straight into my sig.
Done.

Going straight into my sig.

That looks great. Koscielny is just ****ing amazing :sogood:

Will pos rep when I get some.
It's reminiscent of that Paddy Kenny clearance a few years back, when he was still at Sheffield United:

Latest