The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
I got dicked on but super sub Paco Alcacer equalised to make it 1-1 on the night in the 88th minute. COYI :biggrin:

Out of interest, is it in the game that weather can postpone matches? I've never had the forecast say downpour but can it actually get postponed from waterlogged pitches?
Original post by WhuTom
I got dicked on but super sub Paco Alcacer equalised to make it 1-1 on the night in the 88th minute. COYI :biggrin:

Out of interest, is it in the game that weather can postpone matches? I've never had the forecast say downpour but can it actually get postponed from waterlogged pitches?

I personally haven't had that to one of my games but I have seen games called off because of snow. I rarely see it, but I'm not subscribed to leagues that are the most susceptible to it - for example, I reckon a fair few games in January/February would be called off if you were playing in the BSN/BSS :holmes:
Reply 6602
Yeah I'm pretty sure that I've had a game postponed because of a frozen pitch, perhaps even a couple.

EDIT: And one was League 1, the maybe was Level 6.
(edited 12 years ago)
yeah i had a liverpool united game postponed because of a ****ed up pitch
Reply 6604
I always get a top flight Italian game called off because of heavy snow around January/February :lol:
I played as PSG and had a game called off due to snow.
Reply 6606
Lol I didn't think it would be in the game but I guess having only played in the English and Spanish top flights you'll hardly ever see it. Spanked Sunderland 4-0 in the fa cup where my youngsters outclassed them. I'm getting to the stage where I want to compete regularly on CL knockouts but my wage budget is quite small and I find I hard to attract world class attackers without the big money, I've got good attackers but not a world beater to base my play around. Paloschi is good but quite injury prone and fred has been awful this season. Hopefully my young regen striker will grow well.
Reply 6607
Original post by Mess.
Left bacck always seems to be such an annoying position to fill. Managed to get rid of Enrique and Middlesbrough are now paying both him and Downing £93,000 a week :lolwut: Remember this is four season in as well :rofl2:

My new LB is fine and better than Enrique but due to Robinson getting both arthritis and tendonitis his development stunted so it looks like he will never be more than a back up whereas he normally becomes first choice for me. So I am trying to fill them in with regens, 1 of who has now played two games with an average rating of 4 :sigh: Suprisingly Danny Wilson has been a very effective left back. My right backs far outstrip my left backs though and it shows in goals conceded. I concede most of my goals down my left hand side despite my left sided CM being the more defensive of the two as well.

I'm playing Robinson and Kurt Braun (austrian regen with 4.5* potential- signed for 200k) at LB and then have Romario and Santo Mannino (italian regen) at RB. They're all around 20 but perform very well for me.
I need to stop buying CB regens. Think I have about 5 which are highly rated. No way I'll be able to give them all game time.
Reply 6609
Original post by WhuTom
It happens, but it's incredibly rare. You might see a handful of games (across all leagues) postponed due to waterlogging, frozen pitch or whatever. I can only recall once ever having my own match postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, and don't think I've ever had a frozen pitch. Its rareness may not be true-to-life, but frankly until SI sort out the major issues with fixture congestion in the game, I wouldn't want to see it popping up several times each winter :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6610
Finally got rid of Bébé, yesssss!
What do you guys think? :smile:

The second guy (Sergio) I got on a free. :holmes:
Reply 6612
Luis Enrique...dat set piece taking...

Which reminds me since I asked a questing about the curling the ball preferred move, I'm guessing once the players that start the game (Modric, Rakitic etc) retire, the move just goes out of the game?

Your first regen above would be quality with that move.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WhuTom
Lol I didn't think it would be in the game but I guess having only played in the English and Spanish top flights you'll hardly ever see it. Spanked Sunderland 4-0 in the fa cup where my youngsters outclassed them. I'm getting to the stage where I want to compete regularly on CL knockouts but my wage budget is quite small and I find I hard to attract world class attackers without the big money, I've got good attackers but not a world beater to base my play around. Paloschi is good but quite injury prone and fred has been awful this season. Hopefully my young regen striker will grow well.

I usually get good scouts in this situation, although striker position has been dodgy for me, I get a promising player, player then suffers a van persie and gets injured for 3 months near the end of the season 2 seasons in a row. He got 40 goals one season and 25 goals another season(14 being in the champions league including hattricks vs bayern and arsenal) He was 4 star potential and he's now 3 star potential. Still got the same attributes though but his career has stagnated. :sigh:

Good thing I have a 5 star regen who's 2.5 stars at 19.
Reply 6614
How do people set up their scouts? Do you have each scout looking for a specific position? Or do you spread them out by nation?
Reply 6615
Original post by Zerforax
I need to stop buying CB regens. Think I have about 5 which are highly rated. No way I'll be able to give them all game time.

I'm the same but with strikers. I have about 4 16/17yos with 4/4.5* potential. The problem is I only play with one striker :facepalm:, also have Doumbia, Suarez and Sanogo up front and none of those are exactly old in 2014
Original post by zxh800
How do people set up their scouts? Do you have each scout looking for a specific position? Or do you spread them out by nation?

I set mine out regionally, and usually get them looking for players aged 18 and under
Original post by zxh800

I tend to set them up by nation, looking for U18s with 3/4* potential. I also have a scout that roams about but always call upon if I'm looking to get a report on a player who is already well established (for example, he's telling me Gotze would be interested in signing and Dortmund would be willing to let him go for £18mill!). I also like to have a scout or two looking at the U18s league in England and Spain.
Original post by zxh800

By nation. So the people who know a certain area do well there. E.g. juan gomez has 20 potential and 20 judging ability but knows argentina well, so I get him to do assignments in south america.

Karembeu knows france, so I let him do assingments in europe.
Original post by KingMessi
What do you guys think? :smile:

The second guy (Sergio) I got on a free. :holmes:

16 and he's got stats like that :coma:, I swear down some of the regens in this game are ridiculous.
Managed to get to the FA Cup final 2-0 with goals from a young winger picked up from United's U18s and James Vaughan. Incidentally, both goals were the player's first for the club.

Going well in the league. 8th game in hand and 5 points behind Everton in 7th.

Got my first youth intake and they were all terrible bar 3.

Did manage to increase stadium capacity to 37000 after winning the Carling Cup and am always pressing the board to better my youth facilities.

Latest