The Student Room Group

3 weeks , 8 exams ?25% work done motivation?

got 8 exams only ready for 2 exams , need motivation , howww?>

and isit tooo late to revise with 3 weeks left will i just fail ?

Scroll to see replies

I'm in the same boat, mate.

I'd say its still possible to achieve decent grades. I'm planning on going flatout for 3 weeks.
I'm in a similar position; 4 weeks, 7 exams... a lot less than 25% work done

/wrists
Reply 3
GCSE or AS or A2?
Reply 4
It's never too late to do something, the issue is if that'll be enough to get you to where you need to be.

Exam load is always a nightmare, too much pressure. My motivation comes from a combination of the fact that I find interest in the majority of the topics, it's just a load to learn for now (once the exams pass the pressure if off) and anticipation of the next step.

There's always an element of learning for the sake of the exam unfortunately. At this point perhaps looking for "ideal" answers would be your best bet? Or learn the basic concepts and you should be able to apply them.
Reply 5
I feel your pain :frown:
Original post by Mus9

Focus mainly on the first exams but occasionally look over the others! MAKE MIND-MAPS and draw funny pictures.

Compose a motivational play-list and put it on shuffle. Make lots of tea and buy chocolate.

Set your alarm early and get dressed go outside for a bit to get yourself wide awake then you will feel prepared to study! Write lists and check them off.

Print off pictures associated with your goal or dreams or things that make you happy and blue-tack them to your walls. (For me pictures of Cambridge Uni)

Just remember you are trying to show future employers the best of your ability; that you can get yourself to work solidly and work hard. They don't want someone who always puts things off. So just think of it as working hard now so you get the rewards later on in life!

:biggrin: Hope this helps.
Reply 7
Original post by Mus9

omg me too.
im so stressed i have just been snapping at a lot of people today.
i hate this feeling im still going to try...
Reply 8
yeah its AS , Physics maths geography english
Reply 9
Hey, you think that's bad i have to do 8 exams and the subjects I'm doing are Biology Chemistry, Maths, PE... my motivation is on and off, which is worse i can't get it Consistent enough :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by CuriousQuestioner
Focus mainly on the first exams but occasionally look over the others! MAKE MIND-MAPS and draw funny pictures.

Compose a motivational play-list and put it on shuffle. Make lots of tea and buy chocolate.

Set your alarm early and get dressed go outside for a bit to get yourself wide awake then you will feel prepared to study! Write lists and check them off.

Print off pictures associated with your goal or dreams or things that make you happy and blue-tack them to your walls. (For me pictures of Cambridge Uni)

Just remember you are trying to show future employers the best of your ability; that you can get yourself to work solidly and work hard. They don't want someone who always puts things off. So just think of it as working hard now so you get the rewards later on in life!

:biggrin: Hope this helps.

Like i said before how do you find the consistancy for this????
Reply 11
Someone please tell me right now how to get 4 as in spanish, latin, classics and history.
Tell me how many hours i need to do in before 14th may for each exam.
This is the only way i can get motivated, im going crazy
Reply 12
Force yourself to just sit down and work and I reckon you'll be fine.
Just force yourself. Doesn't matter if you don't feel like it/ feel like you're lacking motivation... just make yourself do it.
Original post by UsmanM17
Like i said before how do you find the consistancy for this????

Consistancy? Well I've just had Easter hols where I put this into action! And when school starts up again I will stay after school more because being in school puts my mind in the right mind-set to revise! I get stuff done in school.

Is that what you mean by consistancy? Time?

Just plan your evenings and then leave a gap at the end to watch telly or read or draw or whatever it is you enjoy. Alternate what you revise! Think about what your distractions are and if they are as important as your GCSE's.
Reply 14
Uch i knoww! i thought these weeks would motivate me to study but i just cba. lol :L
Original post by Amelie118
Someone please tell me right now how to get 4 as in spanish, latin, classics and history.
Tell me how many hours i need to do in before 14th may for each exam.
This is the only way i can get motivated, im going crazy

Just make a list of everything you need to know in each subject then do an hour on each every day after school! That should be good. Not even an hour if you're feeling stressed just make sure you at least do 20 mins.

There is no set number of hours to give you to be honest; it is all about how you learn; like I always do sets of 20 min revision with breaks. Sometimes if I get into something I do an hour or so. :biggrin: DOn't know if that helps you at all.
Reply 16
i hate exams so much. cant wait till they're all over..that;s the only thing that's motivating me..the things i will do in the summer after these horrible exams are over.
Reply 17
Original post by CuriousQuestioner
Consistancy? Well I've just had Easter hols where I put this into action! And when school starts up again I will stay after school more because being in school puts my mind in the right mind-set to revise! I get stuff done in school.

Is that what you mean by consistancy? Time?

Just plan your evenings and then leave a gap at the end to watch telly or read or draw or whatever it is you enjoy. Alternate what you revise! Think about what your distractions are and if they are as important as your GCSE's.

LOL at the bit in bold! Unfortunately I find it really difficult to work efficiently in school. Everyone is always distracting me, and the only thing I manage to focus on is doing past papers (but I usually end up making stupid mistakes). When I revise my notes, I have to read it out loud, and repeat them to myself until I remember them, and if I do that at school alone in the corner, I think it might look a bit worrying... :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by + polarity -
I'm in a similar position; 4 weeks, 7 exams... a lot less than 25% work done

/wrists

I have to say... I keep seeing your sig, and it's so adoreable! It makes me smile every time! hahaha!
I should revise but im a lazy bugger, At least there is 2 weeks between my first and my second exam - I have a feeling that the first one is going to be the hardest though.

Quick Reply

Latest