The Student Room Group

A levels

This poll is closed

which A level combination is best for a law degree?

1. english language, psychology,history, geography 47%
2.combined english language + lit, history, geography, law53%
Total votes: 17
Which would be a better combination to go on to do a law degree

1. History, geography, english language and psychology ( sixth form)
OR
2. combined english language and lit, history, geography and law. ( collage)

also is it better to stay at sixth form at school or go to collage, im unsure on what to do :confused:
Tough choice, Psychology is becoming rather respected as an A level but it seems like you're more of an arts type of person and combined lang and lit is more respected than lang so go for option 2.
Reply 2
Original post by Jessicaa96
Which would be a better combination to go on to do a law degree

1. History, geography, english language and psychology ( sixth form)
OR
2. combined english language and lit, history, geography and law. ( collage)

also is it better to stay at sixth form at school or go to collage, im unsure on what to do :confused:

TBH if I where an admissioner at a top 10 Russel Group university and I had a pile of applications for law you would not stand out at all with those subjects unless you had very good grades.

I know that Cambridge likes students who are a science, maths and humanities mix for law.
Reply 3
Finally someone else who isnt doing a science subject at A-level.
I would say do the second choice because i dont think psychology is respected enough to get into a good enough Uni. English lit is respected more that english combined so that would probably also be better i think.
I would definitely advise the second option because it means you get an idea of what studying law is like.
Reply 5
For law the most helpful A Levels to do are History, English Luerature. Psych is also good. However it is NOT essebtial to do Law (althoguh you will have a head start) but most uni's like teaching you afreash at degree level.

6TH FORM VS COLLEGE? go to the one that has the best pass results :smile:
Reply 6
i dont know how to find out the what the results are? but thankyou for the input everyone who has answered it really has helped

Quick Reply

Latest