The Student Room Group

AS Spanish Oral - AQA

Has anyone done their oral yet? How did it go?
Mine is in two weeks and Im sooo nervous!!! :eek3:
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Mine is tomorrow!
I am so scared!
Especially about the stimulus cards (AHHH)
Any advice? :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Amelie118
Mine is tomorrow!
I am so scared!
Especially about the stimulus cards (AHHH)
Any advice? :smile: :smile:

Use your preparation time wisely, prepare good answers to the 5 questions and try to develop as many different points as possible. Think about the questions the examiner might ask you in the further discussion of the topic. Good luck!
Reply 4
Hey everyone, I'm also doing my AS oral soon.. Two days actually and because I am a private candidate I have to prepare all by myself.. I've been reading on the Edexcel website the specification but i just wanted someone who's done it before just to briefly explain to me how the oral is set up.

Do you just have to answer the questions on the stimulus card or do i have to do a 5min presentation at the start like for the A2?
Reply 5
Original post by drea23
Hey everyone, I'm also doing my AS oral soon.. Two days actually and because I am a private candidate I have to prepare all by myself.. I've been reading on the Edexcel website the specification but i just wanted someone who's done it before just to briefly explain to me how the oral is set up.

Do you just have to answer the questions on the stimulus card or do i have to do a 5min presentation at the start like for the A2?

I'm also a private candidate and have had literally no practice even speaking in Spanish so I'm dreading it. I'm doing AQA though so I think that's different to yours...

Urgh. Mines on Monday :frown: I feel like I'm travelling 50 miles to go embarrass myself..
Reply 6
Original post by akemikat
I'm also a private candidate and have had literally no practice even speaking in Spanish so I'm dreading it. I'm doing AQA though so I think that's different to yours...

Urgh. Mines on Monday :frown: I feel like I'm travelling 50 miles to go embarrass myself..

How did it go?
Mine's on thursday. I'll learn my nominated topic answers once I've stopped procrastinating.
Reply 8
What stimulus cards have people had?
Reply 9
Original post by Amelie118
How did it go?

It went really badly because I had a major family emergency the weekend before and so could not revise, and also because I am doing it through distance learning, nowhere did it say in any book, in any course materials that I had to speak for one minute on a particular topic which I could have done no problem had I known to prepare for that! Given I've only learnt Spanish just under two years and most at this point have done it for 5-6, I personally think it went well since I understood everything she said, but afterwards she said "oh, im sorry. I don't think that was very good"
I resent and also find it ridiculous how you are expected to be fluent at this level. Its not even supposed to be fluency until after uni and living in the country. :-/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Buongiorno
What stimulus cards have people had?

just read this :s

Oral exams: No discussion until the end of the exams season, from 28 June 2012.
Anyone breaking this rule on TSR will receive a 10 point warning and may be banned from the site.

PLEASE NOTE: this rule applies to Private Messages (PM) as well as posts in threads. Anyone found to be discussing Edexcel, CIE, STEP, IB or oral exams via PM before sufficient time has passed will also receive a warning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending