The Student Room Group

Alevel Students: How late do you study at night?

The lastest I've gotten is 2.30am once. No intention, just couldn't sleep no started at 9 then went to bed at 2.30. :biggrin:

However, a person I know really has some weird sleeping patterns. He comes home from school, eats, then goes to bed at like 5 - 7pm. Then wakes up, revises for an hour or so, then watches TV. Then revises from 9 - 11pm, then sleeps some more. Wakes at about 2ish. revises til 5 and then sleeps until its time for school. Now that seems harder.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Future_Dr
The lastest I've gotten is 2.30am once. No intention, just couldn't sleep no started at 9 then went to bed at 2.30. :biggrin:

However, a person I know really has some weird sleeping patterns. He comes home from school, eats, then goes to bed at like 5 - 7pm. Then wakes up, revises for an hour or so, then watches TV. Then revises from 9 - 11pm, then sleeps some more. Wakes at about 2ish. revises til 5 and then sleeps until its time for school. Now that seems harder.

It's rare for me to work past 11. Almost never do I work past 12. Just don't function properly to be honest.
I think some people just concentrate well at night than they do during the day. I do, I get distracted alot during the dayl.
I end at around 11 then hit the sack.

Beyond 11 and I can't concentrate.
Reply 4

I honestly also have no sleeping patern, I will literally some days sleep 2 hours throughout the day, then others a good 12 hours. The ammount of sleep I get really depends on how far behind I am.
Reply 5
I've worked though the night to get deadlines complete, come home for about 5pm, then have a 2 hour nap, few hours for tea bath ect, sleep, and sleeping pattern doesn't get affected :smile:
I work best in the morning and slowly deteriorate as the day goes on then by about 5pm I'm done, maybe 7pm at the latest if there's an exam the next day. So I rather sleep early, and wake up early to revise.
I think this picture sums it up fairly well for me
phd083109s.gif
Reply 8
This past week I've had mocks so I've stayed up until about midnight... I can't concentrate any later than that!
Reply 9
until 11ish

although i always feel i should be doing more :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I can never go past 12 with revsion unless it's just reading a whole load then i may but other than that's the latest I go i'm an earlybird so I tend to prefer early morning revsion starts and finsih around late evening. Probably catch up on stuff on I player for a bit thats it really during revsion times other than that it's revsion-eat-sleep-revision :biggrin: like i just finsihed going through two whole topics for my histroy Exam making condensed revsion notes :biggrin: got one more topic to finish off but really can't concentrate into the night unless i've got a stash of energy drinks then probably. :P
Reply 11
When I was at sixth form I could easily stay up until 4/5am, sleep for a few hours then get up and go the next day.
When I resat this year I stopped at around 11 :smile:
I'm at university, but at A level I usually went to bed at about 11. I'm still like this now in fact. Nothing like having a decent night's sleep ready to start again the next day :smile:
Reply 13
I can't revise during the day. Most of my revision happens between 7.00pm-2.00am (with breaks of course) :redface:
Original post by nerd434
Wow, your friend has one messed up sleeping pattern. Isn't he knackered at school the next day?

No to be honest. He ended up with 4 As in January exam. i don't know how his brain works really.
I refuse to work past 1am, simply due to my love of sleep.
However from 11 I am pretty much useless, unless pumped full of deadline fear inspired adrenaline.
I work best between 12pm-4am.

At about 4am I see the light outside and get distracted and then feel like going upstairs to sleep.
Reply 17
For me, it was until I felt tired, so would go to sleep between 1-2am. It was strictly 6 hours/day for me during the weeks leading up to my exams, with 1 or 2 20 min naps during the day.

Seriously, take a nap during the day! For 20 minutes... you'll feel like you have a new brain, and it helps with forming memories and turning your STM (short term memories) into L(long)TMs.

There's an app called Pzizz which puts you to sleep like a baby, and wakes you up shortly after feeling so (SO SO SO!) refreshed and recharged. It's for Android and iOS (as well as Mac and Windows). I'll admit that I was a skeptic and yes, I shamelessly torrented it last year thinking it wouldn't work, but happily paid for it when I realised that it has the power to revolutionise your day and workschedule. Try it!
(edited 11 years ago)

Start work at 9.30, finish at 11 at latest.
Reply 19
I usually stop around 10, then go to bed at 10.30-11. That is, unless I have coursework or homework to finish. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest