The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6700
Original post by RocKeRG
The only key dates anyone needs to know are the Ceremony dates, starting on the 27th July. Obviously booking trips away in the weeks leading up to that are not advisable. When we signed up for this process last August, it was made clear, again and again, that as volunteers we would have to basically give up our summer as a commitment to the process. Obviously this is a lot harder for Reserves, but that's not going to change.

They've been through a set of auditions to whittle down thousands of applicants, and they've picked a bunch of people to take part, and a number of reserves to use as and when, and probably discarded who knows how many!

This isn't some personal test to see how desperate you are to take part, no matter how good you think you are how or how much you think they've got it wrong in not picking you.

Until you get the email, you're not going to know, and I know that sucks big time! But ranting on about it over and over on TSR it isn't going to help or make it change.

Succinct, thankyou.
Reply 6701
Jubalympics - who else has been watching the series '2012'? I've not seen much but want to see more. I was wondering if the marathon could have been added in Jubalympicthon???

For those who think I've gone mad, you'll have to google it. The box set it something to add to the coveted Pink Tees, Links Bracelets and any other official paraphanalia they're trying to flog us. I saw a 2012 loo seat the other day.
Reply 6702
Original post by fyrecracker
Hi TimeforTea, I've been accepted on the props team too! Got my 'meet an greet' tomorrow evening, and just waiting for my health and safety day to be confirmed then its all systems go!!!! xxxx

its going to be great to see so many friendly faces in the props dept!!! well done and have fun!! especially now you are walking, dancing etc again :smile:
I have had a lot of encouragement today .Firstly My Games maker role is not in the balance as i feared it would be when I couldnt confirm my shifts. I was waiting to hear from castings and still am so I didnt want to confirm shifts that may have to be changed for compulsory rehearsals. They e-mailed me today to say they understand my desire to have a dual role and to contact them as soon as I know. At least I know they are understanding and dont think I am messing them around. I imagine they have so many requests that they can keep putting mine to the bottom of the pile. However I dont want to mess them around for too long but I feel I have a little breather now. Secondly I explained my dilema to my employer and that I might need to be flexible with my shifts and extend futher into september than I had originally indicated. My Boss phoned me and said I could have paid leave of absence for any addtional shifts I need to do (if required) I was so amazed at this response but he said that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity etc ( I have worked in the same place for 23 years but still !!!!!!)
so now I just need the last bit of the jigsaw ....a decision . Everything is in place to accommodate that decision now but it would be sooo lovely to tie it all up. If I get reserve I appreciate It wont be clear cut but I will then accept my shifts as stands and hope that were I to get the call they will be as supportive as they have been today. Im so glad I was up front and asked .
Please castings ..........today would be a hat trick of results if you e-mailed ( with a yes of course lol)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6704
Well done Mac London! So pleased - I wish I could be as patient as you ha!
Reply 6705
Original post by maclondon
good things come to those that wait! :smile:

Cast Offer, 44 FOP :smile:

very very very very very happy

That really is very cool Mac! I felt sure you were a victim of your own patience and they'd lost your details! Fantastic news for a fellow November man!
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Wearing my Olympic socks in the hope all the not heards get converted to cast members today.

As we start another week - Thinking of you RAFIKI, Galactica and all the others waiting :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Pinnerite. I'm really surprised they haven't announced more details - he did say many weeks back that they would share more details than in previous ceremonies, but it's been very quiet. I'll just have wait for my first rehearsal which is getting excitingly close now!
Hi TimeforTea, I've been accepted on the props team too! Got my 'meet an greet' tomorrow evening, and just waiting for my health and safety day to be confirmed then its all systems go!!!! xxxx

Wow congratulations fyrecracker! You're like that bus that you wait for and then two come along at once! You're going to be so busy - didn't think you could do props and performing?
ARGGGGGHHHHGGGGHHHH!!!

Just received updated rehearsal schedule for Seg 63A closing and they've added an extra date which is the date when I'll be abroad on holiday. I asked Casting twice before I booked whether there were any additional dates to be added and they said "No". So I went ahead and booked.

Flights booked, accommodation arranged. Now it looks as if I'll have to tell my better half that we will have to push back the date of our holiday a couple of days later in order not to miss the rehearsal.

Oh yes....I can imagine, he's gonna be over the moon when I break the news to him tonight - NOT!

Bit peed off to say the least as I didn't want to miss no rehearsal dates.
Reply 6710
Hi all, can someone tell me how to PM on TSR? I thought i just had to click the person's name then write a message, but then I clicked someone's name and someone else's message was sitting there! *out of breath now*
Reply 6711
Original post by Snix99
Hi all, can someone tell me how to PM on TSR? I thought i just had to click the person's name then write a message, but then I clicked someone's name and someone else's message was sitting there! *out of breath now*

Go to Inbox, send message, and go from there (I think from memory - better at doing it than telling how to do it). Sorry in advance if it is wrong info.
Reply 6712
Original post by Dancerwoman
ARGGGGGHHHHGGGGHHHH!!!

Just received updated rehearsal schedule for Seg 63A closing and they've added an extra date which is the date when I'll be abroad on holiday. I asked Casting twice before I booked whether there were any additional dates to be added and they said "No". So I went ahead and booked.

Flights booked, accommodation arranged. Now it looks as if I'll have to tell my better half that we will have to push back the date of our holiday a couple of days later in order not to miss the rehearsal.

Oh yes....I can imagine, he's gonna be over the moon when I break the news to him tonight - NOT!

Bit peed off to say the least as I didn't want to miss no rehearsal dates.

Is it a Compulsory one though? If not - don't worry about it! Certainly don't move your holiday! It'll cost money financially as well as upsetting your other half.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RocKeRG
Is it a Compulsory one though? If not - don't worry about it!

No it's not compulsory but I didn't want to miss any of the rehearsals so was rather gutted to see this additional date added to the schedule at a time when I'm supposed to be abroad on holiday! My first holiday in two years!!
Reply 6714
Original post by MsIs
Go to Inbox, send message, and go from there (I think from memory - better at doing it than telling how to do it). Sorry in advance if it is wrong info.

Thanks MsIs!
Reply 6715
Original post by Dancerwoman
No it's not compulsory but I didn't want to miss any of the rehearsals so was rather gutted to see this additional date added to the schedule at a time when I'm supposed to be abroad on holiday! My first holiday in two years!!

I had the same plan, not to miss any. But they are quite specific that you can miss two non-compulsory ones without jeopardising your place. You tried your hardest to check. It's really not worth the personal and financial grief of trying to move hotels and flights in this case.

Thats absolutely BRILLIANT news- many congratulations- very much look forward to you joining the team... the meet and great is loads of fun, I was so excited afterwards! See you soon!
Reply 6717
Original post by RocKeRG
I had the same plan, not to miss any. But they are quite specific that you can miss two non-compulsory ones without jeopardising your place. You tried your hardest to check. It's really not worth the personal and financial grief of trying to move hotels and flights in this case.

I too agree, I admire your need to want to attend all rehearsals but in this case I think you should just go ahead with your dates. By then you will have made new friends who can message you if need be, if there is anything you need to know! :0
Original post by Bignic12
I too agree, I admire your need to want to attend all rehearsals but in this case I think you should just go ahead with your dates. By then you will have made new friends who can message you if need be, if there is anything you need to know! :0

agreed. You'll be fine to miss a non compulsory one. Have a fun holiday!
Original post by hanzipops1
Me 3!! I did the 18th Feb recall and it was exactly the same. I'm a dancer but I wouldn't say I was great at what we did during the recall.

Still waiting, after another London 2012 shop email.... aghhh!

Congratulations again to those who got in and fingers crossed for those still waiting :wink: x

Me 4... I did the Feb 21st recall - not really my style of dance but I am a trained dancer and very enthusiastic :dance: but still waiting to hear...

Latest