The Student Room Group

4 year old kills dad over Playstation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He deserves it for putting a loaded gun down next to a child and for raising him to be a spoilt brat lol
That's shocking.
Reply 3
Saudi has relaxed gun laws?!?

:eek:
Reply 4
I cannot imagine what that 4 year old is going to grow up feeling.
Reply 5
My goodness, that child has something wrong with him. My brother wants a playstation but he doesn't want it that much! I know usage of guns is legal in other countries, but should definitely not be put in the sight of a child.
Reply 6
Original post by 08rbut
My goodness, that child has something wrong with him. My brother wants a playstation but he doesn't want it that much! I know usage of guns is legal in other countries, but should definitely not be put in the sight of a child.

I honestly don't think he has got something wrong with him plenty of 4 year old children are spoilt and throw tantrums, a 4 year old wont understand what he really has done and that he won't ever see his Dad again and if his Dad is stupid enough to wave guns and **** about infront of the child then he will grow used to them.
Should have just bit the bullet and bought one.

Do Saudis usually undress in front of their 4 year old children after wielding a firearm? :s-smilie:
When I was younger and wanted something, I'd start tidying up more and being nicer to my parents until they'd ask
"What are you after?"

Kids today aye.
Reply 9
wow...
The little boy has guaranteed a tough life ahead of him
Also, why the hell was the dad carrying and leaving a firearm around a four year old?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Shabalala
I honestly don't think he has got something wrong with him plenty of 4 year old children are spoilt and throw tantrums, a 4 year old wont understand what he really has done and that he won't ever see his Dad again and if his Dad is stupid enough to wave guns and **** about infront of the child then he will grow used to them.

I doubt plenty of 4 year olds would be shooting their parents even if there was a gun in close range. This kid was definitely a spoilt brat, too bad the dad had to suffer for it. However the dad should never have kept that gun in sight, why the hell he kept the gun out for his child to grab is beyond me.
Before reading the story, i was about to say "only in america!"

Only in Saudi...:rolleyes:
Clearly the dad, had trained the wee boy on how to use the gun. I mean c'mon which four year old knows how to wield a weapon like that.

Unless he plays Call of Duty or something similar.
Reply 13
The fact that he is from Saudi is probably the least important aspect of the article and more a chance for noobs on TSR to jump on the "omgz inherent violenze!!11" bandwagon. It is sad that the weapon was, however, kept in such close proximity to the child who most probably didn't realise the damage he would cause. What is worrying is how the child knew how to use the gun and why it was presumably already loaded?! I feel quite sorry for the kid when he grows up.. maybe a little bit spoilt but come on!, so are loads of other four year old children.
Poor child, poor family. I doubt the child could've understood the damage it could cause. If there was guns available in the house and the child understood that people used them when they're angry, it was probably just a reaction in a tantrum.
This is really sad in every way.
Reply 15
So I'm guessing he didn't get his playstation?
Reply 16
Original post by badcheesecrispy
violent and killing at 4 years old. only in saudi :wink:

Yeah these things happen all the time in saudi /sarcasm

how about comparing the murder rates in saudi to other countries - you will be surprised how low it is.
he didn't know what he was doing... 4 years old fgs... i feel sorry for him more than anything... he doesn't understand what he's done... he'll be an outcast now. this will harm the poor child for the rest of his life... very sad story..
Original post by JongKey
I doubt plenty of 4 year olds would be shooting their parents even if there was a gun in close range. This kid was definitely a spoilt brat, too bad the dad had to suffer for it. However the dad should never have kept that gun in sight, why the hell he kept the gun out for his child to grab is beyond me.

so it's the childs fault that he's a "spoilt brat"?? how does that work?

i think it's the dads fault for raising him to be that way (though to be honest what 4 year old HASN'T thrown a tantrum when something hasn't gone their way) and raising him so closely with guns... a 4 year old shouldn't be able to touch a gun.
I have a son that is 4 years 8 months old (so just a month older than this kid) and I know for a fact he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a real gun and a toy gun. Granted he has never seen a real gun, but it's not uncommon for him to pull out a toy gun and pretend to shoot one of us, whilst cheerfully shouting "bang I shot you." - it's just a game to him, he figures that toys aren't going to hurt anybody, and of course he's right.

The chances are that this boy didn't even stop to think that this was a real gun. Maybe he was used to playing with toy ones. I bet he got the shock of his life when it actually fired. I feel very sorry for him (as well as feeling sorry for the father obviously).

As for the part about him being spoilt, that's just the way kids are - they ask for things, they throw a fit if they don't get it, and sulk a tad, but then they get over it. That boy would very likely have stopped asking about the playstation later that same day. It's not being a spoilt brat, it's just being a child. At the age of 4 they aren't fully in control of their emotions.

The crux of this is that the dad shouldn't have put his gun down where his son could grab hold of it.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending