The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just take the card into the bank, make sure you have some ID and all will be fine.
Reply 2
Shouldn't this be in a different forum?...

Anyway, you should be able to sought it out once you go to you bank and tell them about it. As long as you have proof of who you are, like a passport or something you were told to remember when you first got the card.

Hope that helps.
LOL the same thing happened to me just last week. All you do is go into the bank with your card and preferably some ID and they order you a new card with a new pin.
Reply 4
Is there any way I can do it over the phone?
Reply 5
They don't have to order you a new card so call them up and they'll let you know what to do.
Reply 6
With Smile I just ring them up (no branches to visit of course) and they'll usually have the PIN reset within a few hours or by the next day. If you don't need the PIN changed there shouldn't be any reason it can't be done on the phone, but it depends on your bank of course.
Reply 7
Its Lloyds TSB ...
Reply 8
Well we could sit and yarn all day, or you could ring them up and find out. :wink:
No, DO sit and yarn all day!

One of my mates did this, and his PIN unblocked itself after a few hours. :smile:

He went to the bank a week after he'd blocked himself (he's lazy), and they told him that it had already unblocked itself.

Of course, this may vary from bank to bank, and I have no idea which bank he's with... but hey, take it or leave it.
Reply 10
Mos Def
Its Lloyds TSB ...

Lloyds do have a special emergency card service which is 24 hours, just investigate on their website...they ask you a few security question and then you can speak to an advisor :smile:
I once blocked my PIN trying to activiate a card reader for online banking, I thought I was entering the right pin and I couldn't understand why it kept saying 'Wrong PIN', when in actual fact I was entering a PIN for another card I have, lol. I just took it to an ATM and entered the PIN when it asked me, selected PIN management or something similar and selected unblock PIN.
Reply 12
i think you might be able to do it over the phone depending on your bank, otherwise go into the bank with ID itll be fine :smile:
Reply 13
Our answer is:
Whilst shopping, if you enter your PIN incorrectly three times in a row (even at different stores), your PIN will become 'locked'. You will need to go to a Lloyds TSB Cashpoint® in order to 'unlock' your PIN. You will not be able to use your card with your PIN in shops until it is unlocked. If you have forgotten your PIN completely you will need to contact us so we can order a new one.
Reply 14
Mos Def
Its Lloyds TSB ...

Do you have Internet banking? It makes things far easier.

Anyway, call

0845 3 000 000

And ask for your PIN to be changed. You'll probably need your Sort Code and Account Number at hand
You can do it in an ATM if you remember your PIN.
I don't know why everyone insists on going into the bank if they know their PIN already...
Reply 16
Hi, i know this post is very old now but my card had been blocked a couple of weeks ago because i came to upgrade my account and they put the wrong address in my details( they are very stupid)..i went to the bank and they sent me the new card a week later..i tried it using my old pin but it was blocked..the next day they sent me a new pin i tried to cash out the money it did not work...i went to the bank again and they said its working fine for me and cash me out the money i needed...today is sunday and i went to the cash point and entered the pin but it says its blocked...what do i do now?do i need to set up the pin or what?i so need the money today.....
Original post by Mos Def
I was distracted when entering my pin and forgot it, blocked it whilst shopping lol.

I have my card, but obviously its blocked. Howd i get it unblocked anyone know what i go into the bank with?etc?

Go into the bank with some form of ID and they should be able to sort it there and then.
Reply 18
Is it true that you can unblock your debit card at a cash machine? I've managed to block my yorkshire debit card but I know what my pin is now...
Reply 19
Original post by Kousar
Is it true that you can unblock your debit card at a cash machine? I've managed to block my yorkshire debit card but I know what my pin is now...

If you use a cash machine that's connected to a branch, and go into the PIN services option, you should be able to unblock it there

Latest