The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
I chose Wrexham as my first choice as I live here. Am hoping that this won't be a popular choice as it seems most people have chosen city locations. I put Warrington and Liverpool as my 2nd and 3rd choices.

I am totally going nuts with the waiting! I don't think I've ever wanted something more than this job, I keep going over the AC in my head! One time I'll think yeah, they were good things I did, next time I'll think the same things have lost me the job! It's madness what your mind can do to you isn't it?! Hopefully it'll be worth it for as many of us as possible in the end! :smile:
Original post by swish2k

I am totally going nuts with the waiting! I don't think I've ever wanted something more than this job, I keep going over the AC in my head! One time I'll think yeah, they were good things I did, next time I'll think the same things have lost me the job! It's madness what your mind can do to you isn't it?! Hopefully it'll be worth it for as many of us as possible in the end! :smile:

I know what you mean, been doing the same. I did say I was willing to relocate too, as I really want this job
Reply 562
Original post by swish2k
I chose Wrexham as my first choice as I live here. Am hoping that this won't be a popular choice as it seems most people have chosen city locations. I put Warrington and Liverpool as my 2nd and 3rd choices.

Hi - those are my 1st, 2nd and 3rd aswell! I thought the same thing about Wrexham (I live in Chester) so fingers crossed there aren't too many others that put it first!

Agree with everyone - this waiting is seriously driving me mad. 26 days and counting....
Reply 563
Original post by swish2k

Original post by PJC14
Hi - those are my 1st, 2nd and 3rd aswell! I thought the same thing about Wrexham (I live in Chester) so fingers crossed there aren't too many others that put it first!

Agree with everyone - this waiting is seriously driving me mad. 26 days and counting....

Ooh, so you're my top competition then! :wink: hee hee! hopefully we will both get through to work in Wrexham and can be study buddies! :smile:

Is it still 26 days?? Wow, the days really never seem to get any less! How long ago was your AC? Mine was end of feb, but it feels like forever ago!
Hi - yep the waiting is very frustrating!!
Like others I keep going over the AC and think that I did not do too well, there were some very good, strong candidates on mine. However the waiting and my over analysing is making me feel that I now don't want the job, but know that I am trying to harden my defences to disappointment as deep down I would be totally made up if I was offered a role.
Don't want to wish my life away, but role on 11th May.:smile:
Reply 565
Original post by rockinrobin
Hi - yep the waiting is very frustrating!!
Like others I keep going over the AC and think that I did not do too well, there were some very good, strong candidates on mine. However the waiting and my over analysing is making me feel that I now don't want the job, but know that I am trying to harden my defences to disappointment as deep down I would be totally made up if I was offered a role.
Don't want to wish my life away, but role on 11th May.:smile:

yeah I'm constantly revisiting the AC in my mind and thinking "Did I do ok?" I just hope that the strike announced by the PCS yesterday on 10th May doesn't delay the process.
Got made an offer elsewhere and had to accept it. Oh well.
Reply 567
Original post by The Banker
Got made an offer elsewhere and had to accept it. Oh well.

A job offer can still be unaccepted if you get something better. I've got 2 job interviews next week at the university where I'm working currently and will accept the jobs if offered. I will still take HMRC if offered though.

edit: what? its only sensible, everyone does it, youve got to do what's best for you and your career.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by monkeyl
A job offer can still be unaccepted if you get something better. I've got 2 job interviews next week at the university where I'm working currently and will accept the jobs if offered. I will still take HMRC if offered though.

edit: what? its only sensible, everyone does it, youve got to do what's best for you and your career.

I totally agree with this I recently had a promotion at work which I took, have also been offered another grad scheme ironically with HMRC but not for tax. This doesn't start til September thankfully but you have to keep your options open, especially when applying for jobs when the application process is 6 mths. I don't agree with chopping and changIng left right and centre but this is a long process and you can't turn things down hoping you get in and potentially be left with nothing.
Original post by monkeyl

It was an immediate start - a job in the City with a much lower salary than HMRC. I could still leave it and work at HMRC, but that would depend on the location they offered me (assuming I get an offer of course)
Reply 570
Original post by shellybean01
you have to keep your options open, especially when applying for jobs when the application process is 6 mths. I don't agree with chopping and changIng left right and centre but this is a long process and you can't turn things down hoping you get in and potentially be left with nothing.

Exactly! You have got to hedge your bets especially with the number of unemployed graduates around & grads in rubbish jobs. I was hoping these interviews at my current work were going to come up after May 11th, but they didn't - they are for jobs starting in August anyway so if I get one of them they will have plenty of time to recruit someone else as long as I tell them as soon as possible.
Reply 571
Original post by The Banker
It was an immediate start - a job in the City with a much lower salary than HMRC. I could still leave it and work at HMRC, but that would depend on the location they offered me (assuming I get an offer of course)

Cool - well done anyway & good luck in your new job, it's good to have different options.
I have just received an email advising I'm successful!! Cannot believe it thought I had completely messed up the assessment day!! Has anyone else heard?
Reply 573
Yea, didn't get in myself, pretty gutted was feeling pretty hopeful but there we go.

Congrats to everyone that was successful :smile:
Yeah I have been rejected aswell. Wounded :frown:
Reply 575
I have been put on a reserve list?!?
Hi guys. I too have been been told I am unable to be offered a place on the program :frown: any idea if we are able to apply again next year should they be recruiting?
Reply 577
havent received the email yet but logged in to find out I was unsuccessful too. Sucks
Reply 578
Original post by althomas1989
Hi guys. I too have been been told I am unable to be offered a place on the program :frown: any idea if we are able to apply again next year should they be recruiting?

I have to ask: would you really want to go through the hell of the last couple of months again?!:eek:
Original post by TimWill
I have to ask: would you really want to go through the hell of the last couple of months again?!:eek:

Very good point. Probably not just trying to reassure myself there's always next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending