The Student Room Group

I won't be able to have kids/get married. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Shut up, I truly am the ugliest woman in the world.

I am the undisputed ugliest woman in the world. The only woman who truly understands me is Susan Boyle.

And look how well she has done in life.
You're probs putting people off with your lack of confidence and self esteem.
Original post by Rocketfairy
Someone out there will find you attractive, honestly. Even if they're hideous themselves :smile:

Fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee :holmes:
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Pics or it isn't true

This, precisely this.
Reply 64
Original post by lukas1051
And look how well she has done in life.

She was very lucky. How many hideous undateable women have actually made it in life? Exactly.

Plus I lack the talent, and I have a C in GCSE maths so I'll never get a good job.
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

OP, I am in the same situation in regards to never having had a boyfriend, being kissed etc. However, don't lost hope at this point, you're way too young to be worrying about not having met someone yet! I've had these worries myself, but people have pointed out that it's often a good thing to be single at this age: you can concentrate on studying and doing things that YOU want, hanging out with your friends etc. Some of my friends have gone through rough relationships during school and stuff and I'm glad that I haven't had to go through all that extra stress! Also, most people meet their future partner at uni or work, so there's still loads of time for all that later. Just remember, people often regret losing their virginity at a young age or to the wrong person, so we may actually be better off in the long-run!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

People fall in love with personality, not looks. Your personality is pretty awesome, so you hang in there!

Besides, you're not supposed to have experienced all that love can throw at you by 18. Hang in there!
Reply 67
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

Get in shape, have a nice body and it will open the doors up to many people who will see your great side. I guarantee there will always be many people worse off.
Reply 68
She was very lucky. How many hideous undateable women have actually made it in life? Exactly.

Plus I lack the talent, and I have a C in GCSE maths so I'll never get a good job.

If you are not a troll then get yourself down to the mental health center. Seriously.

If you are a troll, then let's all sing along:

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

(sung to the tune of "Polly Wolly Doodle"
Reply 69
'Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.'

Seriously OP, although this phrase is shockingly cliched, it's so meaningful and true.
There is someone out there who will appreciate you for who you are as a person and for your physical attributes!

And no, this isn't a particularly idealistic view. I think it's fairly realistic. :smile:
Reply 70
if shes so ugly why are people telling her to have kids?
Reply 71

5835580033_a900314826.jpg
Reply 72
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I hate people like you. OP is feeling absolutely terrible, she feels repulsive, alone and hopeless. Then someone like you comes in the thread going "look at me everyone! Look at me! My problem's worse, you should feel lucky!" where the only possible outcome is that you make the OP feel guilty about herself and possibly even make her feel like she's a bad person for being sad about it.

I have friends who're infertile, who found out at an age much younger than yourself and I have to say I have no sympathy for you when you come in here and acting like that.

hate is a strong word, isn't it?! I didn't mean it like that, and besides, it was quite impulsive.
I wasn't trying to make OP feel guilty in any way, trust me. I often feel unattractive, and I have never had a boyfriend, and have really low self esteem. In short, I feel repulsive, alone and helpless too. But surely it is a bonus that she can have children, when undoubtedly she will? She needn't feel guilty about that- it's just true! You make me sound as if I'm trying to get one up on her or something, when in fact I have so much sympathy with her, in that I know exactly what it's like to feel that.

As for your last, completely unnecessary comment- how does my age have anything to do with it? I'm genuinely quite upset. Please elaborate.

to OP- sorry if I've offended you. Didn't mean to!
Original post by beetle202
hate is a strong word, isn't it?! I didn't mean it like that, and besides, it was quite impulsive.
I wasn't trying to make OP feel guilty in any way, trust me. I often feel unattractive, and I have never had a boyfriend, and have really low self esteem. In short, I feel repulsive, alone and helpless too. But surely it is a bonus that she can have children, when undoubtedly she will? She needn't feel guilty about that- it's just true! You make me sound as if I'm trying to get one up on her or something, when in fact I have so much sympathy with her, in that I know exactly what it's like to feel that.

You can say that wasn't your meaning, but that is most certainly not what you communicated. I make it sound like you're trying to one up her because it does sound like you're trying to one up her and I fail to see any other way it can be interpreted. It's like someone crying about having cancer and the next guy coming in and going "just be glad you don't have cancer and MS." as if the person isn't entitled to feel terrible because they have cancer.

If you want to express sympathy, then express sympathy rather than envy and self-pity as you did.

As for your last, completely unnecessary comment- how does my age have anything to do with it? I'm genuinely quite upset. Please elaborate.

to OP- sorry if I've offended you. Didn't mean to!

You brought your age into it in a way that made it seem you were trying to score pity votes. Think of it as a teaching exercise, you don't like me "one-upping" you with someone who's infertile and younger than you are. Please do not do unto others that which you don't want done to yourself.

Believe me, I can understand why you're upset; having had to comfort people who've been through issues similar to yourself, and issues a guy could never go through. But when you try to make someone's suffering worse or lash out at an already broken person, or even do it impulsively, you will not garner my sympathy.

I'm sorry for what you're both going through.
Reply 74
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:console: Are you even paying attention to any of the nice replies in this thread?

oh man, the wasted energy of typing my post earlier...

typical :sigh:
Original post by Pride
oh man, the wasted energy of typing my post earlier...

typical :sigh:

I don't think it was wasted to be honest. There are quite a lot of genuine people with this problem, me included, so even if your post didn't really benefit the OP, at least it benefited some other people :yy:
Looks aren't everything. Personality and the heart are <3
Reply 77
Have you ever watched Jeremy Kyle? Someone will take you, probs will be someone fat or something but beggars can't be choosers. Plus you can Internet date in the worst case scenario.
OP. I think you just got low self esteem and you are over-reacting. no-one is perfect. am sure you will find someone.
i cringe at some of the cliches that have been thrown around in this thread :facepalm: like that's gonna help the op!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending