The Student Room Group

The Tripos Exam Stress Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tortious
You're genuinely brilliant - thanks for sharing it (even though I've got a Saturday exam... :rolleyes:).

That's disgusting. Doesn't beat the time when I had an exam on a Saturday that was before term even started, but still quite unpleasant.

Mine are much more evenly spread than I thought they'd be. According to the timetables of previous years I would have had four exams over four or five days right at the start, and then one a week and a half after. I've actually got the 25th, 28th, 1st, 7th, 8th which isn't so bad at all.
Reply 21
Original post by Zoedotdot
That's disgusting. Doesn't beat the time when I had an exam on a Saturday that was before term even started, but still quite unpleasant.

Mine are much more evenly spread than I thought they'd be. According to the timetables of previous years I would have had four exams over four or five days right at the start, and then one a week and a half after. I've actually got the 25th, 28th, 1st, 7th, 8th which isn't so bad at all.

I've got:

29 May (PM) - Contract
30 May (AM) - Land
1 Jun (PM) - CPE
2 Jun (AM) - Family
5 Jun (AM) - International

Contract and Land are the "qualifying law degree" modules that I "have" to do well in. CPE is atrociously detailed (just ask gethsemane342!), and then the others won't be so bad once I've worked out what I'm going to revise. Just a question of doing lots of past papers, I suppose.

I'll be glad when it's all over! We should have a "TSR May Week Meet" post-exams, assuming enough people are up for it.

EDIT: look at this. :colonhash:
Reply 22
I've got:

29 May (PM) - Contract
30 May (AM) - Land
1 Jun (PM) - CPE
2 Jun (AM) - Family
5 Jun (AM) - International

Contract and Land are the "qualifying law degree" modules that I "have" to do well in. CPE is atrociously detailed (just ask gethsemane342!), and then the others won't be so bad once I've worked out what I'm going to revise. Just a question of doing lots of past papers, I suppose.

I'll be glad when it's all over! We should have a "TSR May Week Meet" post-exams, assuming enough people are up for it.

Definitely :yep: We'll see what we can pull together! The last couple were a bit of a disaster.

EDIT: look at this. :colonhash:

U iz spammr :p:

I just looked at the post counts for Cam Chat. Craggy and Alex are top despite not being at Cambridge anymore :rofl: Then it's me and you. Standard.
Reply 23
U iz spammr :p:

At least I doesnt writez lyk i can iz lolcatz. I prefer Lawyer Dog. :proud:

I just looked at the post counts for Cam Chat. Craggy and Alex are top despite not being at Cambridge anymore :rofl: Then it's me and you. Standard.

:five:
Timetable is online now! http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/studentregistry/exams/timetable/complete_exams_easter12.pdf

It's not on camsis yet, but you can find your dates from there.

PRSOM, you are amazing! At least I know when they are now... and when they end! I have weeks 7 and 8 completely free and empty :love:

You're genuinely brilliant - thanks for sharing it (even though I've got a Saturday exam... :rolleyes:).

Try two Saturday exams (in consecutive weeks) and one of those exams is out in West Cambridge. And it starts at 9am. *dies*
Reply 25
Original post by Topaz_eyes
Try two Saturday exams (in consecutive weeks) and one of those exams is out in West Cambridge. And it starts at 9am. *dies*

:eek3:

That's awful!
:eek3:

That's awful!

Yep, and the content's awful too :tongue: I'm in loads of odd places this year - including Fenner's?!

To be fair, I don't care where they are as long as I get a 2.i :frown:
Reply 27
Ahhhh. First of my finals in 5 hours and I have never felt so unprepared or so un-hyped-up.
Original post by ukebert
Ahhhh. First of my finals in 5 hours and I have never felt so unprepared or so un-hyped-up.

Good luck :smile: Just think of how soon it'll all be over :smile:
Original post by ukebert

The best of luck! It's the final push now.
Reply 30
You could say it's the finals countdown...
Original post by Affy96
I've got less then 3 weeks until my GCSE's and everytime i want to revise get distracted by something or just go to sleep!!! what do i do??

Learn to read more carefully in the future, it'll help you for your exams.

I always find this amusing. :h:

PS: I have an exam next month at 9 AM on a Sunday.
Good luck, Owen!
Original post by alex_hk90
Learn to read more carefully in the future, it'll help you for your exams.
:rofl:

I always find this amusing. :h:

:colonhash:
Reply 33
Well, that was ****. Supposedly my strongest module and I could only do one question. 30-40%, tops.
Reply 34
Argh. I was going to get an early night but instead lay awake in bed for 3 hours trying to get to sleep. So I ended up with 5 hours and am now shattered, just in time for my 9am exam :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by ukebert
Argh. I was going to get an early night but instead lay awake in bed for 3 hours trying to get to sleep. So I ended up with 5 hours and am now shattered, just in time for my 9am exam :frown:

Best of luck for the exam! If it's any comfort, my best exam mark ever here was in a paper in first year where I kept dozing off (it was towards the end of a week of exams during which I'd hardly slept due to insomnia)...no, I don't understand why either!

Ahhh, I have coursework due in on Monday which I still need to make changes to, an essay to write for tomorrow, and I need to do some serious revision for my lit paper, as I'm meant to be having supervisions for that next week too. And I've realised I don't actually know how to revise for literature exams...
Reply 36
Original post by Crazy_emz
Best of luck for the exam! If it's any comfort, my best exam mark ever here was in a paper in first year where I kept dozing off (it was towards the end of a week of exams during which I'd hardly slept due to insomnia)...no, I don't understand why either!

Ahhh, I have coursework due in on Monday which I still need to make changes to, an essay to write for tomorrow, and I need to do some serious revision for my lit paper, as I'm meant to be having supervisions for that next week too. And I've realised I don't actually know how to revise for literature exams...

To be fair, it can only improve things! This is the paper that my friend, who has spent the year working in this area on his project, has a fully funded PhD place in this area and who has got firsts and who works very hard, is terrified about. So I was never going to do well, so maybe being half asleep with make me do better! :p:
Reply 37
Original post by ukebert
To be fair, it can only improve things! This is the paper that my friend, who has spent the year working in this area on his project, has a fully funded PhD place in this area and who has got firsts and who works very hard, is terrified about. So I was never going to do well, so maybe being half asleep with make me do better! :p:

Yeah, but sometimes I think that the better you are at a topic, the more likely you are to be stressed about taking an exam in it, because you have high expectations of yourself and also because you're more likely to have really in-depth knowledge of it and so over-complicate things a bit....so that could be why your friend's terrified, not that the paper's a beast. I remember spending ages revising for what was really a very simple French exam on my year abroad, because that was the subject I was meant to be good at, so I couldn't bear the thought of getting anything less than a very good mark :s-smilie:

But best of luck anyway!
Reply 38
My exams are on the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th.

My boot-scootin' baby...
Reply 39
Well in the end I looked at the paper and couldn't see how to do any of it, but actually managed to do 60% of the first question (show that), which makes me happy. I probably got through less than 10% of the other two questions, but that means 20-30%, which is quite a bit higher than I had feared. So I now need around 20% in the final paper to pass, which should be just about doable.

*phew*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending