The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Goodbye to the OU :(

It has dawned on me that I have less than 7 weeks until my OU study is over for ever!
Reply 1
Are you graduating?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Original post by abbyheat
It has dawned on me that I have less than 7 weeks until my OU study is over for ever!

What you studying??
Reply 3
Original post by Bleak Lemming
What you studying??

BA (Hons) English with a hint of Sociology! I have a break over the summer and then going to a brick uni to do PG study.
Reply 4
how has your experience been? Have you done it full time or part time?

Just thinking about maybe doing OU so want to know how other people's experiences are. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by bownessie
how has your experience been? Have you done it full time or part time?

Just thinking about maybe doing OU so want to know how other people's experiences are. :biggrin:

I did my first year at a brick uni which was a bit of a waste of time as I only had about 6 hours of lectures a week so I transferred to the OU and worked full time while doing 2 60 credit modules.

My experience has been really positive. I've enjoyed the self-study and the flexibility has suited me. I do think you need a certain amount of self discipline but it's all good.
Reply 6
Original post by Cro Magnon
Are you graduating?

Yes, I am indeed graduating
Reply 7
I did my first year at a brick uni which was a bit of a waste of time as I only had about 6 hours of lectures a week so I transferred to the OU and worked full time while doing 2 60 credit modules.

My experience has been really positive. I've enjoyed the self-study and the flexibility has suited me. I do think you need a certain amount of self discipline but it's all good.

Cool! I am currently finishing my first year at a brick uni and might make the switch.... How did you find the transition? Did you find that you missed out on some of the things you had a your brick uni (i.e. societies etc.)?
Reply 8
Original post by bownessie
Cool! I am currently finishing my first year at a brick uni and might make the switch.... How did you find the transition? Did you find that you missed out on some of the things you had a your brick uni (i.e. societies etc.)?

I had no problems with the transition. I was a mature student anyway so I didn't really join in with a lot of the societies and stuff. Some people find the OU quite lonely although it hasn't been too much of a problem for me. As I mentioned, I've been working full time for the last 2 years so the OU has fit in with that pretty well.

In terms of the academics, no problem. All the stuff for my degree is really well written - a lot of it I've actually found better than the stuff at the brick uni
Reply 9
Yes. I move on from places A LOT. Looking forward to starting at a new uni in September
Good luck to you in your future study and career.
Reply 11
Nope, I'm doing a PGCE - Secondary English :smile:

Original post by barnetlad
Good luck to you in your future study and career.

Thanks!
Reply 12
Nope, I'm doing a PGCE - Secondary English :smile:

Thanks!

Good luck! We need good English teachers!! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Nitebot
Good luck! We need good English teachers!! :smile:

Haha, thank you. Yes, I'm really looking forward to it. Looking forward to moving to London too.
Reply 14
Hi guys i need to choose in the next few days between an Engineering Degree and a History degree! The Engineering degree will most likely make me a lot more money, but i have little interest in Engineering. The History Degree i will find a lot more interesting, but will make me far less. :/ please help!
Original post by 3011295jw
Hi guys i need to choose in the next few days between an Engineering Degree and a History degree! The Engineering degree will most likely make me a lot more money, but i have little interest in Engineering. The History Degree i will find a lot more interesting, but will make me far less. :/ please help!

History. If you Dont have the motivation or interest it isnt worth doing. You'll Probably end up 9th a worse degree and end up doing a job you Dont enjoy as well. That isnt really worth it.
I have 9 days left before I bid farewell to the OU :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest