The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU Grants?

Does anyone know if the OU still do grants for computer equipment? It would help a bit to be able to obtain a printer/scanner to print out hard copys to study materials with when I'm out and away from home (or a computer) and to scan in notes to store just in case I lost them. A house with 2 young active kids can cause a lot of notes to get damaged or gi walk abouts as I've found out.

I know they used to do grants in the past, but I haven't heard anyone on here talking about them?
Reply 1
Original post by e110074
Does anyone know if the OU still do grants for computer equipment? It would help a bit to be able to obtain a printer/scanner to print out hard copys to study materials with when I'm out and away from home (or a computer) and to scan in notes to store just in case I lost them. A house with 2 young active kids can cause a lot of notes to get damaged or gi walk abouts as I've found out.

I know they used to do grants in the past, but I haven't heard anyone on here talking about them?

If memory serves, they scrapped grants for computers this academic year :frown:

There are still grants available if your income falls under a certain level, and they're fairly generous too, although they can take aaaages to process.

Have you considered something like Evernote? It stores all of your notes in the cloud, so they can be accessed from any computer (or smartphone) if you have the login/password. It's beyond useful to be able to pull up your notes when you're out and about and can't recall a particular point.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I've never heard of Evernote before, but looking at the link there, it looks like it would be a great help. Thanks for making me aware of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending