The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Hey guys this is an emergency. I'm in a lot of trouble and have to leave my house tonight, like really soon. Any idea where I can stay, otherwise I'll have to stay on the streets?

Are you alright?

Do you have any friends or relatives living near-by that can take you in for the night?

Original post by Meaty_man
As with anything, the problem lies in how people use it, not the actual thing itself. People are so quick to blame something that isn't themselves, and typical of the government to take the easy way out instead of fixing the problem properly.

- Fire, pretty good for keeping you warm and looks pretty, can be used to burn things.
- Knives, can be used to cut things....including people
- Anything heavy that can be held...can be used to bludgeon people to death.
- Your hands....can be used to punch and strangle people...

By this logic why are we allowed to still have our hands when they have killing potential? Its effing stupid.

I'll end this rant here before the thread derails.

On a side note, this is how i'm feeling right now about life, and made even worse by deadlines on monday and wednesday.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/22/

Indeed - my line with drugs is legalise and educate people properly on drugs, rather than just the government line of these are bad. People will try drugs whether they're illegal or not - is it not best to ensure they are educated as to the possible dangers and effects to the maximum we can achieve?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8921
Hey guys this is an emergency. I'm in a lot of trouble and have to leave my house tonight, like really soon. Any idea where I can stay, otherwise I'll have to stay on the streets?

I've done a bit of googling but from what I can find there are no emergency homeless hostels near you.

I'm thinking maybe you could phone Samaritans because they must get quite a few calls from people in a similar situation to you, or could at least point in the right direction for who to contact.

Good luck and stay safe :hugs:
Original post by warp2125
No.. I'm in pain... I fell over in the park because of the rain.... All the paths were slippery. I had a rucksack full of books plus my laptop... I had done something to my back... Lol.. It's really sore... Taken loads of pain killers and gonna have an early night.... Sorry won't be about this evening... But you prolly have loads to do.

Ouch that doesn't sound good hun :/ hope the early night and painkillers help to sort it out! sorry for the delayed reply .... house ****! got to get up early to walk to the train station so early night for me to hopefully!

Really hope you are feeling better in the morning :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
I told nurture about him today and she told the assistant head who is going to have a word with him.
Have a psychiatrist appointment on Monday morning where the woman from CAMHS says she's almost certain I'll be prescribed antidepressants, eeeek. She said she'll be in the appointment too so I won't have to do much speaking, yay!
She wanted to come and see me at home on Sunday but I told her it wasn't necessary, hope I did the right thing. This CAMHS lady is so lovely, she practically shouted at the lady on reception to get this appointment for me.
My mum said my uncle had depression when he was my age, I didn't know that. He still has awful mood swings, not sure if the two are related.

Aww! :colondollar: The psychiatrist I'm seeing is Turkish :tongue:

How are you? :hugs:

That's good, he should be allowed to say things like that. :hugs:
Hope the appointment goes well! I think that's a good thing, they can really help. That's good, hopefully will make it a bit easier. She sounds awesome! :tongue:
Good to see he got through it, hmm maybe he is just a grump! :tongue:
Ooh don't think I've ever met a Turkish person! That is probably a slightly strange thing to say. :colondollar:

Ok thanks, not feeling too great but ok.
Got new exam timetable, has the extra time on but also has all the exams on! :eek:
Think they would have emailed me if they had rejected the delay, think they have just forgotten about it. :sigh:
I'm home now til Monday evening as I have driving test Monday, then I have exam on Tuesday and it will be 6.00 by the time I get out so the earliest I can try to sort it out is Wednesday, worried about running out of time. The first exam of the ones I applied to have delayed is the following Tuesday so hope they can just make a decision by then! Will try to find out what's going on Wednesday and if I fail I will go back armed with mentor on Thursday. :tongue:
Feel so nervous about it all, there is no way I can sit those exams now!
Also really not sure if I'm going to pass exam on Tuesday, I hardly know anything, I had so much time to sort it out over easter and I didn't and I'm scared. :afraid:
Just wish everything could be straightforward. :sigh:
Sorry for the meltdown, have just got myself a bit worked up. :tongue:
Soo im going to be taking a 6-month break out of nursing... because of my depression.

And when I return I'll have my final year to do.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do for those 6 months?!
Original post by Holamigo
Soo im going to be taking a 6-month break out of nursing... because of my depression.

And when I return I'll have my final year to do.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do for those 6 months?!

Would volunteering for a charity be feasible?
Anyone know if VV had any luck finding anywhere to stay? I do care a lot about you guys on here :biggrin:
Original post by Alofleicester
Would volunteering for a charity be feasible?

Yeah I can do anything that will help me get better again.

What charity would you say?!
Yeah I can do anything that will help me get better again.

What charity would you say?!

Depends what sort of charity work interests you, for instance if you want to do something with regards to mental health you could do some stuff with MIND, or if you wanted to do something with homelessness then someone like Shelter might be worth contacting. Then there's the likes of Age Concern, Scope, Oxfam etc.
I just don't want to ever communicate with anyone or anything again. I was meant to see go into the out-hospital today to ask how my psychotherapy is progressing and assessing whether I should have a higher dosage, but I just can't go outdoors anymore. It's too much.
Depends what sort of charity work interests you, for instance if you want to do something with regards to mental health you could do some stuff with MIND, or if you wanted to do something with homelessness then someone like Shelter might be worth contacting. Then there's the likes of Age Concern, Scope, Oxfam etc.

Don't even know where to start with how to get involved with one though? But would love to help people/ I really wana go to Africa n do some charity work there but don't know if i'd be allowed!?
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I just don't want to ever communicate with anyone or anything again. I was meant to see go into the out-hospital today to ask how my psychotherapy is progressing and assessing whether I should have a higher dosage, but I just can't go outdoors anymore. It's too much.

Perhaps you could ask a friend or family member to come with you?

I know that feeling!! It sucks. I spent whole day yesterday in bed. But then today was a good day - I went out!!
Just keep taking each day as it comes - thats what i'm thinking. Start each day fresh! We can beat this!!
Don't even know where to start with how to get involved with one though? But would love to help people/ I really wana go to Africa n do some charity work there but don't know if i'd be allowed!?

Best thing to do would be to e-mail or ring a charity and see if they're after any volunteers at the moment. Can't see why you wouldn't be allowed, I think some countries have restrictions on those with mental health issues entering the countries, but I don't think any in Africa would.
Original post by Meaty_man
Perhaps you could ask a friend or family member to come with you?

I don't have any friends.

And my Mum refuses to believe anything is wrong with me, she still refuses, to the point of throwing medication out. And my brother preoccupies her time as he has psychosis.

I'm usually stronger than this, and capable of doing things, but I just want to go away forever.
Thanks for all the advice and stuff everyone. I'm thinking I'm ill anyway and she can't stop me this time, so I may just kill two birds with one stone and go into hospital. If the issue isn't sorted out then that's the plan, but just updating everyone. I will try and let you know if I do go into hospital or stay put.
I don't have any friends.

And my Mum refuses to believe anything is wrong with me, she still refuses, to the point of throwing medication out. And my brother preoccupies her time as he has psychosis.

I'm usually stronger than this, and capable of doing things, but I just want to go away forever.

That's really not good. Could you not get your doctor or psychologist to speak to her and make sure she understands there's something wrong with you?
Best thing to do would be to e-mail or ring a charity and see if they're after any volunteers at the moment. Can't see why you wouldn't be allowed, I think some countries have restrictions on those with mental health issues entering the countries, but I don't think any in Africa would.

Thanks, im gonna get emailing them! :smile:

The reason I'm not sure if i can is because the uni are allowing me to take a break out to rest/recover from the depression whilst still paying me a bursary.
Now I kinda feel wrong going to Africa? But something like that would definitely help me.. I volunteered at a special needs camp last summer in the US and it did so much for me!!
dani_88
x

Hey, just wanted to say I am going to reply to your PM (actually wrote out half a reply, then evil technology deleted it :mad:) - just in the middle of coursework nightmare right now, but will attempt to write back soon. :smile:
Thanks for all the advice and stuff everyone. I'm thinking I'm ill anyway and she can't stop me this time, so I may just kill two birds with one stone and go into hospital. If the issue isn't sorted out then that's the plan, but just updating everyone. I will try and let you know if I do go into hospital or stay put.

you know what is best for you, good luck either way :smile:

Latest