The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by walterwhite123
Would be nice of your multi-millionaire owners to spend a few quid on the ground though wouldn't it?

Why? Do you not think eastlands is up to much?
Reply 61
Original post by Ash_TJ
I payed £46 for my ticket there this season and I couldn't see some of the pitch up the other end because there was a massive blue steward control centre directly infront of me. Baring in mind only about the final right third of the pitch was blocked for me, there was about 20/30 seats to the right of me who's view would've been even more restricted. Bit of a joke that football team's think they can charge that amount of money to watch a game of football when you cant even see some of what's going on.

Were you upper tier? I was lower so that's probably why. But you're right. Tickets aren't cheap these days. And to only get half a view is pretty ****e. Everton is bad for that an all. And the back of upper at Blackburn is like a sauna
Reply 62
Bloomfield Road, was utterly awful before they started redeveloping. Last time I went was 2007 and we were in the uncovered away end.

Don't like Colchester's new ground or MK Dons' ground because they're modern and souless.

Wigan's old ground was a dump too.
Celtic park looks big. But its pretty ugly. The outside is all patchy with bits of green metal plastered over bits of grey etc. Its like a tin can with patches all over it. Sickening.
Original post by rockrunride
It's traditional, and it's a hallmark of a ground converted from terraces. Better the compact, atmospheric Loftus Road with a pillar semi in your way but you're otherwise extremely close to the pitch, than the cavernous, half empty Ricoh Arena where you get a clear view but nobody turns up let alone sings.

White Hart Lane is traditional in that sense but I'd say the view is even better at Loftus Road, you are closer to the pitch and the stands are steep.

Loftus road is a sh*thole, however you try to dress it up.
Original post by RoaminBlue
Why? Do you not think eastlands is up to much?

I meant QPR obviously.
Original post by walterwhite123
Loftus road is a sh*thole, however you try to dress it up.

There are far worse grounds in terms of the state of them, but even that doesn't make a ground "bad" per se.
Original post by Alexr115
Bloomfield Road, was utterly awful before they started redeveloping. Last time I went was 2007 and we were in the uncovered away end.

Exactly same as me! I went in 2008, we lost 2-1. The away end was open, it was cold, we were getting wet and we lost.

I haven't been since but it looks decent now.
Reply 68
Original post by RoaminBlue
Were you upper tier? I was lower so that's probably why. But you're right. Tickets aren't cheap these days. And to only get half a view is pretty ****e. Everton is bad for that an all. And the back of upper at Blackburn is like a sauna

Yeah upper both times. First time was in the Championship and I couldn't see the goal up our end. Saw the crossbar and that was it. Since they joined the Premier League they changed their pitch dimensions so that's not as much of an issue anymore as it's shorter. But they've built some massive blue thing in the corner, literally right infront of the final third of the seats. I don't know how they thought they'd get away with it. Not sure what it is. Like a stewarding control centre or TV studio.

I did have a photo of my view, tryed finding it when I replied to the last comment but couldn't find it unfortunately.
Reply 69
Loftus Road, Liberty Stadium and Deva Stadium in Chester :P
Reply 70
Worst as in structure etc, Everton. It's made of wood, and moved around with the fans!

Atomsphere: Wigan, horrible pies too.
Reply 71
Leylands ground
Reply 72
OMGZ someone said my team I'm gonna neg rep, that'll show them wrong!

I'm not being bitter, haven't even posted in this before now, just found it funny.
Reply 73
Underhill wasn't great, I went there once in the snow and the temporary stand at the end was about to take off.
Reply 74
Turf Moor was pretty bad. While the wooden seats didn't particularly bother me (I was stood up for the majority) the horse muck piled in front of the entrance as we left so you had to stand in it did. Classless.

Old Trafford was bad, mainly because people build it up to be good, and the atmosphere is rubbish there.

Gotta say, I love the older stadiums. As a Bolton fan (so as a home ground) the reebok is pretty rubbish. Can be a decent atmosphere at times but the ground is soulless and filled with daytrippers most of the time. When you have been shushed at a football stadium you know it's bad. We've never recovered from the move.

Loved our trip to Moss Rose earlier in the season, proper terracing, proper ground, great day out.
Barnet - Underhill. Dreadful.
Reply 76
Millwall.
Reply 77
I went to the Reebok Stadium last year for Chelsea v Bolton and I will never return, it was a rainy sunday and just the thought of the Reebok Stadium again makes me sick, the area is just a massive retail park, league 2 grounds have more character.
Original post by hbk4894
What Is the worst away ground then??

Loftus road was a shed.
Stamford bridge for the pathetic support from thier home fans, and lack of banter, otherwise DW Stadium

Latest