The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Hillsborough is seen in a similar manner to what the chant says. Failure to grasp that is a lack of intelligence, empathy and understanding.

To the majority of people the chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough at all.
Reply 7621
Original post by DaveSmith99
To the majority of people the chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough at all.

That is why I was saying that the people who are chanting it lack intelligence, empathy and understanding...

------------------------

Suarez was being fouled then but went down after the guy had stopped fouling him. Dive :dontknow:
Suarez's finishing. :coma:
Reply 7623
Shelvey made a fantastic run then that was completely ignored by Bellamy.

Suarez really bugs me the way he tries to dribble through people rather than round them. Like the attempted nut meg then, he loses the ball so many times due to it.
Original post by Mess.
That is why I was saying that the people who are chanting it lack intelligence, empathy and understanding...

I still don't understand how a chant not about Hillsborough is offensive to Hillsborough?
Reply 7625
I still don't understand how a chant not about Hillsborough is offensive to Hillsborough?

Pretty much the exact wording of the chant is how Liverpool supporters were described, and still are by a fair few, with regards to Hillsborough.

Therefore, even if people just think it is a nice little ditty it still references Hillsborough. So, regardless of whether they try to justify it by saying it refers to something else, the wording is so close to descriptions of Liverpool and its supporters with regards to Hillsborough that the people chanting it are lacking in the 3 aforementioned things.
Reply 7626
That victim chant pisses me off massively.
Reply 7627
How was Suarez offside there? :lolwut: He was in his own half!
Reply 7628
Fantastic play from Gerrard in the first goal, once again he plays so well as a second striker! Well done Suarez great 2 goals
Reply 7629
Original post by kuks
How was Suarez offside there? :lolwut: He was in his own half!

When was that?

"Always the victims, its never your fault" sang by every club throughout the land :sigh:
Original post by Mess.
Pretty much the exact wording of the chant is how Liverpool supporters were described, and still are by a fair few, with regards to Hillsborough.

Therefore, even if people just think it is a nice little ditty it still references Hillsborough. So, regardless of whether they try to justify it by saying it refers to something else, the wording is so close to descriptions of Liverpool and its supporters with regards to Hillsborough that the people chanting it are lacking in the 3 aforementioned things.

tbh I think some liverpool fans try and claim that everything rival fans do is in someway an insult about Hillsborough. You can think that Liverpool fans do have a victim mentality regarding things other than Hillsborough. I have sung that chant at matches before, but I would never sing about Hillsborough.
Reply 7631
tbh I think some liverpool fans try and claim that everything rival fans do is in someway an insult about Hillsborough. You can think that Liverpool fans do have a victim mentality regarding things other than Hillsborough. I have sung that chant at matches before, but I would never sing about Hillsborough.

I agree that some Liverpool fans do go completely over the top but can you see how offensive that chant can actually be?
Reply 7632
Original post by Mess.
When was that?

"Always the victims, its never your fault" sang by every club throughout the land :sigh:

It was near the end of the half. He wasn't technically offside, could've been his hat-trick!
Reply 7633
Original post by Mess.
When was that?

Right at the end of the half...46th minute I think.

Also Downing has been invisible. He has no fight in him at all.
Original post by Mess.
I agree that some Liverpool fans do go completely over the top but can you see how offensive that chant can actually be?

Nope, not even WUMing, from what I can see its a chant completely unrelated to Hillsborough that liverpool fans are interpreting as an insult to Hillsborough.
Reply 7635
FFS enrique clear it!!!
Reply 7636
Original post by kuks
Right at the end of the half...46th minute I think.

Also Downing has been invisible. He has no fight in him at all.

I forgot Downing was even playing lol, thought the mid field was stevie, hendo shelvey and bellas
Reply 7637
Victim mentality? I can't take people who spout that rubbish seriously tbh.
Reply 7638
Nope, not even WUMing, from what I can see its a chant completely unrelated to Hillsborough that liverpool fans are interpreting as an insult to Hillsborough.

Well what would you say the chant is referring to then? The obvious thing will be the whole Suarez/Evra racism crap. So for us to 'always be the victims' and for it to 'never be our fault' then there clearly must be more than one incident being referred to.

To say that the chant holds no allusion to Hillsborough is naive at best.
Reply 7639
Woodwork... It had to happen xD

Latest