The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012: Mature Students

I applied for software engineering and i am still waiting for a response. It says on Lancaster's website that all mature students will be interviewed. As i am considered a mature student i was wondering if this is the case?

Have any other mature students been offered a place without an interview?
I am a mature student applying for law. I received my offer about 4 weeks after submitting my UCAS and it didn't require an interview.

Good luck.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Im 25 and classed as a mature student i applied for marketing management and they offered me marketing without an interview
Reply 3
Hi

Sorry if theres already a thread like this but cant find it lol.
Im 25 and classed as a mature student. Im starting marketing at lancaster in October. cant seem to find a great deal of info on mature students or seen any other mature students starting when i am?
Reply 4
Original post by Hayley_m
Hi

Sorry if theres already a thread like this but cant find it lol.
Im 25 and classed as a mature student. Im starting marketing at lancaster in October. cant seem to find a great deal of info on mature students or seen any other mature students starting when i am?

Im a mature student starting there later this year, im "only" 24. I have yet to find many other mature students starting this year too, i will be studying Physics, most likely Particle Physics, seeing as im starting as a 2nd year.
Reply 5
I'm classed as a mature student now at 25 and was offered a conditional place for my course then once I had my interview my conditional offer requirements were actually lowered again via UCAS. Hopefully starting Cell Biology (Bsc) in October providing I dont seriously mess up the diploma I'm doing!
Reply 6
Original post by daviesblue
Im a mature student starting there later this year, im "only" 24. I have yet to find many other mature students starting this year too, i will be studying Physics, most likely Particle Physics, seeing as im starting as a 2nd year.

Hi, your the first mature student ive come across lol. are you planning on staying on campus. im so nervous about starting in october.
Reply 7
Original post by Sullster
I'm classed as a mature student now at 25 and was offered a conditional place for my course then once I had my interview my conditional offer requirements were actually lowered again via UCAS. Hopefully starting Cell Biology (Bsc) in October providing I dont seriously mess up the diploma I'm doing!

Hi are you going to Lancaster? i've got a conditional offer there as long as i get my diploma grades and having to resit my GCSE maths to get a B. where abouts are you studying now?
Reply 8
Hi are you going to Lancaster? i've got a conditional offer there as long as i get my diploma grades and having to resit my GCSE maths to get a B. where abouts are you studying now?

Funnily enough I'm in the same boat as you. I Have a conditional offer provided I get my diploma grades and I'm also resitting my GCSE maths to attain a B or higher. (only got a C currently) Doing this at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Reply 9
Hi, your the first mature student ive come across lol. are you planning on staying on campus. im so nervous about starting in october.

Yeah i plan on staying on campus, will most likely be applying for County townhouse on the advise of my sister who is in her last year. Really nervous, but looking forward to it so much.
Reply 10
Funnily enough I'm in the same boat as you. I Have a conditional offer provided I get my diploma grades and I'm also resitting my GCSE maths to attain a B or higher. (only got a C currently) Doing this at Lancaster and Morecambe College.

Ye I got a C aswell I'm rubbish at maths panis starting to set in lol. I'm at Blackpool and the fylde at the moment how are you finding redoing maths?
Reply 11
Ye I got a C aswell I'm rubbish at maths panis starting to set in lol. I'm at Blackpool and the fylde at the moment how are you finding redoing maths?

In all honesty horrible. I'm slowly getting there but im slightly ittritated that im struggling to do GCSE maths yet I'm getting distinctions in all my level 3 courses.

With the two exams I have sat already I'm on target for a B as long as I get 35% or more unit 3. (Managed to get an A in unit 1) But I am resitting unit 2 to see if i can achieve a higher grade. (just missed out on a B)

Im sure you will manage!!!

You got exams next month too?
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Sullster;37672059"]In all honesty horrible. I'm slowly getting there but im slightly ittritated that im struggling to do GCSE maths yet I'm getting distinctions in all my level 3 courses.

With the two exams I have sat already I'm on target for a B as long as I get 35% or more unit 3. (Managed to get an A in unit 1) But I am resitting unit 2 to see if i can achieve a higher grade. (just missed out on a B)

Im sure you will manage!!!

You got exams next month too?[/QUOTE

Ye got one on then 11 June and one on the 13 June. Only two weeks to go!! I’m averaging on a B as long as I get 49 or more on both papers I’ll be ok. Have you finished your BTEC course now?? I’ve just finished mine so can start revising now no stop lol
Reply 13
I have all my exams in the week 11th-15th June so im revising them as well as maths. Its just a shame that the results don't come out till a week after A level students get theirs so will need to wait a week longer to get a confirmed for my course :frown:
Reply 14
I have all my exams in the week 11th-15th June so im revising them as well as maths. Its just a shame that the results don't come out till a week after A level students get theirs so will need to wait a week longer to get a confirmed for my course :frown:

hay, how did your exams go did you get the grade you wanted??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending