The Student Room Group

How late can you enter yourself for an A-level exam?

I am aware that each school/centre hands a financial penalty to late entries but does anyone know?
Reply 1
Around about the 20th March for summer series this year.

Edit: 21st to be exact.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mimx
Around about the 20th March for summer series this year.

Edit: 21st to be exact.

Where did you get this from? what exam board ? im in NI so it may be different
Reply 3
www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_49989_admin_key_dates_2011_12.pdf

Page 4 under entries.

Other boards are the same AFAIK, I know AQA is, just search for key dates [board name].
i believe its 14 days before the exam but it depends on the exam board, i entered myself for another exam on the 20th April 2012, it had already passed the first deadline so i was told to pay double but exam boards can be nice like in my case i just paid the normal fee

if they arent nice atm then its triple fees for each paper
Reply 5
It can be as late as on the day of the exam I think. My friend was not entered for a resit which he thought he had been, so they entered him on the morning of the exam day. This was AQA other boards may be different.
Reply 6
Well yeah technically they can make exceptions at any date before the exam, they are the board after all :tongue:

Need a good reason though usually.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by the man from space
i believe its 14 days before the exam but it depends on the exam board, i entered myself for another exam on the 20th April 2012, it had already passed the first deadline so i was told to pay double but exam boards can be nice like in my case i just paid the normal fee

if they arent nice atm then its triple fees for each paper

Tbh i wont mind paying extra aslong as im allowed to do it. I had already handed in my exam entry form within the deadline yet i realise now that i may need to repeat one I had previously sat. So i PRAY that im allowed
Original post by nmccann
Tbh i wont mind paying extra aslong as im allowed to do it. I had already handed in my exam entry form within the deadline yet i realise now that i may need to repeat one I had previously sat. So i PRAY that im allowed

Just get it done ASAP then you should be fine
Reply 9
Original post by the man from space
Just get it done ASAP then you should be fine

Cheers, going to get it sorted first thing tomorrow morning.
It can be done on the day of the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending