The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

sussex accomodation 2012, can't decide-HELP!!

I just cannot decide what accomodation i want to put as my favourites! It needs to be fun, but the facilities need to be good. price isnt really an issue cause i qualify for a bursary. I saw swanborough and i thought it was soooo nice and central, but then a former student told me it was well boring and anti social, is this true? I thought brighthelm looked good. I also want opinions on Lewes court, if I went for the en-suite is it less social? I don't think I could deal with Eastlope due to sharing a bathroom between 12, i can deal with 4-6. AGGHHH HELP! also how likely is it that you get your first choices?

Basically I just need somewhere social! but not too mental and I need to know if choosing en suite makes life less social ahaaa.
Hey, I'm at Sussex now, I lived in Lewes Court non en-suite initially but now I've moved to East Slope, I would suggest Park houses/ park villages, because they are middle of the range; quite a lot of people and close enough to the learning facilities. They are social within limits whereas east slope is a big party all the time. Bar in mind though that the kitchen can be quite small in those palaces.

I would say at first having an en-suite seems attractive but I don't think its always work it, its unlikely you're all going to want to shower at the same time.

Generally, those price of accommodation is quite high, which can be frustrating.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by kathymorgan
I just cannot decide what accomodation i want to put as my favourites! It needs to be fun, but the facilities need to be good. price isnt really an issue cause i qualify for a bursary. I saw swanborough and i thought it was soooo nice and central, but then a former student told me it was well boring and anti social, is this true? I thought brighthelm looked good. I also want opinions on Lewes court, if I went for the en-suite is it less social? I don't think I could deal with Eastlope due to sharing a bathroom between 12, i can deal with 4-6. AGGHHH HELP! also how likely is it that you get your first choices?

Basically I just need somewhere social! but not too mental and I need to know if choosing en suite makes life less social ahaaa.

ummm I chose swanborough as one of my top choices... if u get there then we gonna make it fun and social :P Definitely it won't b boring haha!
Reply 3
I lived in Swanborough, and personally thought it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Its comfortable, easy going and very secure. If you want to be social, its up to you to get it going, don't rely on everyone else. Knock on some doors! get the drinks going !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending