The Student Room Group

Inns of Court chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tnedutS waL
Hope your interviews went well :smile:

Is anyone from Lincoln's Inn heading to BPP to do the BPTC?

I am at Middle and will be starting on the BPTC at BPP in September.
Reply 41
Is anyone doing BPTC at MAN MET?
Reply 42
Original post by Radoxhead
Is anyone doing BPTC at MAN MET?

Yep- currently doing GDL there.
Reply 43
Yay am at man met final year. You looking forward to it?
Reply 44
Original post by Konran
I am at Middle and will be starting on the BPTC at BPP in September.

Cool - I can't wait to see what is on the course - there are meant to be some great practice trials where they bring in actors to play the witnesses etc They film it apparently although I hate watching myself!

Excited about my first dining session too!
Reply 45
Original post by tnedutS waL
Cool - I can't wait to see what is on the course - there are meant to be some great practice trials where they bring in actors to play the witnesses etc They film it apparently although I hate watching myself!

Excited about my first dining session too!

I did an open day at BPP, and Kaplan and College of Law. Since i had offers from all of them...woo go me! lol

They had a couple of students playing roles while we asked closed questions of them, and I was told they filmed the advocacy for critical analysis.

I am looking forward to it.

I know they cover advanced Criminal advocacy, and I know Kaplan and College of Law also did an advanced Civil advocacy course so I expect that BPP will do as well.

They also told us that we won't be learning much black letter law on the course (at Kaplan) and that what we learnt at University would be what we relied upon.

Will have to wait and see on that score.
Reply 46
Hi,

I am waiting to be accepted onto the BPTC course before applying for a membership. I know this might sound silly, but provided all the relevant documents are in order, is there still a possibility of being rejected by an inn? I am just wondering whether I need to apply to several places, just in case? I have decided to go for Lincoln's Inn.

Many thanks
Original post by Sidney P.
Hi,

I am waiting to be accepted onto the BPTC course before applying for a membership. I know this might sound silly, but provided all the relevant documents are in order, is there still a possibility of being rejected by an inn? I am just wondering whether I need to apply to several places, just in case? I have decided to go for Lincoln's Inn.

Many thanks

I wouldn't have thought that there is a need to apply to more than one Inn - I have never heard of an Inn refusing admission.
Reply 48
Original post by InnerTemple
I wouldn't have thought that there is a need to apply to more than one Inn - I have never heard of an Inn refusing admission.

Oh awesome, thank you. I just get overly worried about these things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending