The Student Room Group

Anyone else taking the Hpat this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joemullally
I was at the exam hall in TCD.
I found that the timing was really really lax compared to the ukcat.
I mean like before the feller called the ten mins left stuff I'd finished and was allready re looking through my answers n every section.
This either means i did well, or really terribly.
Probably the latter tbh.

Trinity college is a really nice place!
Original post by PiercingGlint".
Trinity college is a really nice place!

Dublin is SOO expensive though, that's pretty much why Cork is my first choice.
Reply 22
Anyone know when the results will be out? It says the end of April, but anything more specific?
Original post by Paralysis
Anyone know when the results will be out? It says the end of April, but anything more specific?

30th april...uffff I want them now!!!
Completely flopped it. Anyone else feel like doing the HPAT turned out to be a total waste of time (and money)?
Reply 25
How'd it go for everyone? :smile: I think I may scrape in (hopefully!)
Reply 26
Completely flopped it. Anyone else feel like doing the HPAT turned out to be a total waste of time (and money)?

Know how you feel, got 151, 34th percentile :-/ , anyone know what the chances are of getting into chemistry at the same uni , despite failing at this?
Original post by Heno94
Know how you feel, got 151, 34th percentile :-/ , anyone know what the chances are of getting into chemistry at the same uni , despite failing at this?

I have no idea what points total you need for chemistry but for me even with top grades in my AS/A2 subjects I'm still going to be 37 points short of the minimum needed for medicine at any of the Irish medical schools. Damn you HPAT.
(edited 11 years ago)
I have no idea what points total you need for chemistry but for me even with top grades in my AS/A2 subjects I'm still going to be about 37 points short of the minimum needed for medicine at any of the Irish medical schools.

I'm about 20 short including my A levels converted.
Also did woefully poor in it :P
Still a better test than the UKCAT though.
and happy that i'm going this year, got in in the UK.
Original post by CpnCornetto
I'm about 20 short including my A levels converted.
Also did woefully poor in it :P
Still a better test than the UKCAT though.
and happy that i'm going this year, got in in the UK.

Are you a gap year student with medicine offers? I'm happy for you :smile: what grades did you get for your A2's?
Are you a gap year student with medicine offers? I'm happy for you :smile: what grades did you get for your A2's?

A*A*AA maxing out my matriculation conversion cap.
And yeah got two from Glasgow and BL.
Gapping is the best thing i've ever done
How about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending