The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LSEfreak
Yea i know, seriously dont know why they take so long. Imperial took 10 days to get back to me, and LSE took 3 weeks. Cambridge is taking forever.........

I suspect that they are waiting until applications close on April 30, and then will look at everyone who applied and make decisions.
Reply 121
Original post by janjanmmm
I suspect that they are waiting until applications close on April 30, and then will look at everyone who applied and make decisions.

i think you are right....
Hey guys I'm keen on applying for this programme and I know the deadline is approaching fast. Any advice please?
Reply 123
I rang the admissions today and they said they are still "processing" and we most likely wont hear anything until the late may.......looks like more waiting......
Anyone heard back? This wait is taking forever gee :frown:. I've been looking at former student profiles on linkedin and everyone had such a solid profile between applying for the course. Competition is pretty intimidating...
Reply 125
a few more days until deadline...
looking forward to some progress!

any one got offers lately?
Reply 126
Nope nothing..........
Reply 127
Hey all, I received my offer a little while ago (after a painful wait), however still waiting on college admission.

Looking forward to meeting you (hopefully all) in September!
Omega85 do you mind sharing your profile with us please?
Reply 129
yes omega please do share! congratulations though!

i can't wait to know about my offer!! its the end of the registration period!
Original post by vet4snak
yes omega please do share! congratulations though!

i can't wait to know about my offer!! its the end of the registration period!

Could you share yours please? :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by Omega85
Hey all, I received my offer a little while ago (after a painful wait), however still waiting on college admission.

Looking forward to meeting you (hopefully all) in September!

hi omega congrats! mind sharing if it was a conditional offer? and if so, what is the condition(s). thanks!
Reply 132
First of all, congrats Omega! I read somewhere in this discussion that the later the better or in other words that firstly they reject those they don't want (or make an exceptional offer to ppl with a CV like Donald Trump) and then they start make offers. Has anyone been already rejected?
Original post by encantado
First of all, congrats Omega! I read somewhere in this discussion that the later the better or in other words that firstly they reject those they don't want (or make an exceptional offer to ppl with a CV like Donald Trump) and then they start make offers. Has anyone been already rejected?

It is true that they reject people they clearly do not want right away, but I am not sure how it means that "the later the better". If they clearly do not want you they will reject you whether you apply early or late. Otherwise your chances are the same, since they will pool everyone together and decide who to make an offer to, and at that point it would not matter whether you applied early or late.

So, it really is not "the later the better" but more like "makes no difference whatsoever".
Reply 134
Original post by janjanmmm
It is true that they reject people they clearly do not want right away, but I am not sure how it means that "the later the better". If they clearly do not want you they will reject you whether you apply early or late. Otherwise your chances are the same, since they will pool everyone together and decide who to make an offer to, and at that point it would not matter whether you applied early or late.

So, it really is not "the later the better" but more like "makes no difference whatsoever".

Indeed. If you weren't given an offer right away, it means you don't stand out enough. So, the later it is, the less chance you actually will have until the application deadline as until then there's always the possibility that better people will apply. However since that date has been reached, to my understanding, it's all up to fate right now and I suppose that all offers and rejections will be sent out at the same time (give or take).

It must suck though, the suspense must be killing for those who applied :tongue:
Reply 135
Sorry for the late reply, I am happy to share my profile. I have an economics degree from a top OS university (With some prior course work in real estate and development) and am now completing a Masters in Finance. My grades are very good but not great but I believe my references and personal statement most likely got me over the top. Good luck to everyone waiting.
Reply 136
Original post by Omega85
Sorry for the late reply, I am happy to share my profile. I have an economics degree from a top OS university (With some prior course work in real estate and development) and am now completing a Masters in Finance. My grades are very good but not great but I believe my references and personal statement most likely got me over the top. Good luck to everyone waiting.

I'd be curious to know the conditions of your offer. Do they require a deposit?

Thanks.
Reply 137
I got an email from the admissions people, they said we wont be hearing back until mid june.
Reply 138
Original post by LSEfreak
I got an email from the admissions people, they said we wont be hearing back until mid june.

That's ridiculous. I've accepted my offer from LSE. I'm moving from the states. I can't just sit around waiting for a decision. I have to make plans and get everything sorted out.
Reply 139
Original post by gigi2183
That's ridiculous. I've accepted my offer from LSE. I'm moving from the states. I can't just sit around waiting for a decision. I have to make plans and get everything sorted out.

Good choice. Im probably going with LSE too...

Quick Reply

Latest